The future of Kingsong?

xiiijojjo

Will we ever see a high capacity 3000Wh+, high speed, 150V+ Kingsong wheel? 

If not I wonder where their place will be in the market, considering the general trend towards bigger and faster wheels. 

I'm not saying everyone should only make big and fast wheels @Funky, but it does seem to be what the most people are interested in as of 2024, and going into the future.
With current Kingsong capacities and speeds a Kingsong is only really a road-safe vehicle for as long as it can keep up with traffic comfortably, without the low battery warning. 

Maybe they will just focus on smaller capacity wheels, last-mile EUCs and other niche EUCs, seeing how the other competitors are all abandoning those?

What do you think Kingsong will do, what types of wheels will they release, and will their future market share grow or shirk? Let's talk Kingsong, it sure has been a while :D

Let me just say one thing: I don't have any specs whatsoever. But I did reach out to KS about this exact thing and they did confirm that they have a performance wheel under development. I also got a second confirmation from Zen Lee that he is working with them to develop this high powered EUC and he told me "I think you'll like it". I don't have specs, only those vague confirmations. In order to be competitive in the "performance EUC" space these days, it will have to be at least 151 volts or higher in order to get high sales numbers. It's been a while since I got that info, so hopefully we'll get an announcement soon :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, xiiijojjo said:

but it does seem to be what the most people are interested in as of 2024, and going into the future.

Only if you like to ride on street with cars.. And if your country laws allow that in first place. I don't care about that future at all. Cramming more cells into wheels aren't anything hard or special. And increasing voltage system means jack ass. Be 84V or 168V no difference. (At least to me, because i don't need crazy speeds.)

Edited by Funky

7 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

Niche!?! This used to be mainstream. I thought riding at motorcycle speeds among cars was niche. There’s a very large market for one wheeled devices as alternatives to bikes, e-bikes, scooters and mopeds. They don’t need a high speed long range model to be successful. That’s where all the attention is among enthusiasts but most normal users need just a smaller alternative to e-bikes or scoots. 

More beautiful and true words can't be spoken. :cheers:

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

Niche!?! This used to be mainstream. I thought riding at motorcycle speeds among cars was niche. There’s a very large market for one wheeled devices as alternatives to bikes, e-bikes, scooters and mopeds. They don’t need a high speed long range model to be successful. That’s where all the attention is among enthusiasts but most normal users need just a smaller alternative to e-bikes or scoots. 

I would venture to guess that most people use them at above 25km/h (bicycle lane speed) in 2024, regardless of if they ride them in bicycle lanes or on roads. I wouldn't say riding at motorcycle speeds is the norm yet, but I think there is a trend of increase in average speed, EUCworld may have data to support this theory... I think it's only natural for average speeds to increase as wheels get faster on average. But yes most people are probably "casual A to B -riders " 

1 hour ago, xiiijojjo said:

I would venture to guess that most people use them at above 25km/h (bicycle lane speed) i

And I don’t think KS even makes a wheel that could be classified as an e-bike, max 25 km/h. They are all much faster already. 

I wouldn't say riding at motorcycle speeds is the norm yet,

By motorcycle speed I mean speeds that would require classification as motorcycle. Above 45 km/h or in some places above 60 km/h. That’s certainly the norm already. 

but I think there is a trend of increase in average speed,

There’s also a trend for new “dangerous” things to be regulated. Just like every other type of vehicle. The present grey area is only temporary. There will likely never be registered and insured EUCs riding legally on roads among cars at 60+ km/h. And on bike lanes we will be limited to max moped speeds. 

Edited by UniVehje
  • Like 1

I would venture to guess that most people use them at above 25km/h (bicycle lane speed) in 2024, regardless of if they ride them in bicycle lanes or on roads. I wouldn't say riding at motorcycle speeds is the norm yet, but I think there is a trend of increase in average speed, EUCworld may have data to support this theory... I think it's only natural for average speeds to increase as wheels get faster on average. But yes most people are probably "casual A to B -riders " 

Do you think people who use EUC for daily commutes going 25-30km/h will open EUCWorld every single day? I use the app only at "fun" rides when i go 35-45km/h speeds. And that's maybe once a month. I don't bother connecting app to wheel, when i'm commuting to work. Simply because i'm riding slower then and have no need for alarms, etc..

Also we already are going motorcycle speeds.. What's your in "city" / "neighborhood" max allowed by law speed anyways? In my country:

• 50 km/h on public roads within an urban area.
  • 80 km/h on gravel roads outside an urban area.
  • 90 km/h on public roads outside an urban area.
  • 100-110 on some designated roads.

We already got euc's that can go about 80km/h... In city riding with cars are already set. And riding EUC on highway is a pipedream.. Ohh and i'm going said 35-45km/h on sidewalks, because we are allowed only to ride on bike lanes(which in my town we don't have) and sidewalks. Ofc it's on long straight paths without people around.. Otherwise i'm following the 25km/h law on sidewalks. (Still going faster when people not around.)

In countries where we have the 25km/h law.. Anything over 40km/h speed is simply not needed. That's why i prefer lightweight wheels. If i had option of getting The 5000$ monster EUC, or some low spec EUC for equal price - i would take the low spec one. Because i have no need of the big boy. :D 

That's coming from A to B rider. :efef62fc70:

Edited by Funky

48 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

There will likely never be registered and insured EUCs riding legally on roads among cars at 60+ km/h. And on bike lanes we will be limited to max moped speeds. 

exact !

Someone, any?  Name a country or a state where vehicles with only one brake (and of course a brake that only works when there is a rider present who can lean back and the vehicle is still fully functional electrical and can perform the difficult art of self-balancing) are type-approved for passenger transport on public roads......

At least here in Spain (and many European countries)... Max allowed are 100v, 2.500w and 25kmh.

That kind of spec will be the target market in the future and Kingsong could be perfectly ruling at that spot.

Same happened with electric scooters... Of course there are many powerful e-scooters, but majority are little Xiaomi... 

Which market do you think would prefer the manufacturers? Hi-end specs or mass selling figures??

Edited by ffontana

On 3/27/2024 at 10:39 AM, xiiijojjo said:

Will we ever see a high capacity 3000Wh+, high speed, 150V+ Kingsong wheel? 

I think King Song makes outstanding products. My KS14D is still my favorite wheel and it only has an 800 watt motor. King Song has a solid position in the market.

myks14d.thumb.png.38d08dc8af04a2df1bfa40ab3485ebc2.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, iwantmymtv said:

I think King Song makes outstanding products. My KS14D is still my favorite wheel and it only has an 800 watt motor. King Song has a solid position in the market.

What you see. What i see:

Infomania-Jurassic-Park-007.jpg?width=46

1 hour ago, iwantmymtv said:

Yeah Kingsong made so awesome models. I would love to see a refresh of said smaller/lighter wheels. New design, new everything.

I never really learned how to ride my KS14D properly until I learned to ride my Z10 and then went back to the 14D. Sometimes I think about adding suspension to my 14D, but it's already the perfect EUC, it's highly portable and only weighs like 30 pounds. People love to see me ride it, they always say "I want one of those!" not so much the Z10, but I love riding my Z10 as well as it's way more powerful and maneuverable.

• Like 1

But, if I were a financial investor in Kingsong, I'd want them to target a larger market - eScooters and eBikes.
There's a reason why Ninebot dropped EUCs.

Remove the geo-locking for sure, that one thing makes people so mad it's not worth it. It's better to suffer a small loss than to alienate customers like that. I think it would be fun to add an ai "pal" mode to talk to you while you ride.

4 hours ago, iwantmymtv said:

gnarly!

• Like 1

Thunder-dome KS14D! I have treated this one brutally, and it's perfect. My Inmotion died in it's first year. Fine workmanship and designed to be robust. And I'm the second owner at least, likely the third owner.

Edited by iwantmymtv
more
  • Like 2

The thing about King Song is that we are depending on them to make outstanding products like the S22 pro, so when seemingly easy things to fix like the breakable bolts we get confused. I meant no offense, none at all. King Song is my favorite company.