How about a "Tourism" section in the forum?

Tilmann

Hi folks, dear moderators,

presently preparing a vacation to Asia, I remembered seeing travel related tips spread all over the sections of this forum. As our community became a global collection point for EUC-addicts risking serious withdrawal symptoms when deprived of their batteries by the airlines, I was wondering whether a "Tourism" or "Travel" section might be a good idea?

I was thinking of a forum area organized by region, where members can look for lokal contacts at their destination or offer local advice where to rent or borrow a wheel, where to ride, what rules to observe, or on regular group rides. In this case, I would not strictly separate commerce from private as travelers like me may be interested in both.

There is also a zillion of wheely videos around, some showing the most scenic environments - hiding behind titles like "my first ride", thus almost impossible to find when you do specific holiday research. We could cross-link those from e.g. the "Video Tread" to a particular location in the "Travel" section - so you find them when you need them.

What do'ya think of this suggestion?

I like the idea. This way the forum would be better organized.

Also to have "help" section or manual somewhere how to use the forum.

Many new members do not know to refer to other members, what are the rules to open new thread, different ways to look for info, etc....

42 minutes ago, Tilmann said:

Hi folks, dear moderators,

presently preparing a vacation to Asia, I remembered seeing travel related tips spread all over the sections of this forum. As our community became a global collection point for EUC-addicts risking serious withdrawal symptoms when deprived of their batteries by the airlines, I was wondering whether a "Tourism" or "Travel" section might be a good idea?

I was thinking of a forum area organized by region, where members can look for lokal contacts at their destination or offer local advice where to rent or borrow a wheel, where to ride, what rules to observe, or on regular group rides. In this case, I would not strictly separate commerce from private as travelers like me may be interested in both.

There is also a zillion of wheely videos around, some showing the most scenic environments - hiding behind titles like "my first ride", thus almost impossible to find when you do specific holiday research. We could cross-link those from e.g. the "Video Tread" to a particular location in the "Travel" section - so you find them when you need them.

What do'ya think of this suggestion?

If you plan to visit Switzerland you'll have a place to stay and an eWheel to borrow ;)

Some time ago I got an email from this guys:

https://owheel-dot-club.sharetribe.com/

Maybe it's something in the direction you're pointing. It's a good idea but not in a final state (imho).

19 hours ago, Tilmann said:

I was thinking of a forum area organized by region, where members can look for lokal contacts at their destination

This describes our Local Meet Ups Section pretty good, it serves for both sides, local users that want to meet and travelling users that want to see some nice tours and connect to users at their destination.

Problem with over-categorized Forums is:

Lots of work for Mods (Users are lazy and thats OK)
Too many sections with only a few posts in them wont animate a lot to create a topic and it makes it harder to browse through and look whats "there" since you make a lot of clicks until you actually get to see content.

The easiest for all is a good Thread Title (Users find it easy and Mods can quickly move it to the appropriate Section if needed). A Thread titled "Help!" in the General Section will only attract curious readers, since the title says nothing about the Content.

@OliverH that looks just like a AirBnB Site for EUCs and their riders, interesting find!

3 hours ago, Jag_Rip said:

This describes our Local Meet Ups Section pretty good, it serves for both sides, local users that want to meet and travelling users that want to see some nice tours and connect to users at their destination.

Problem with over-categorized Forums is:

Lots of work for Mods (Users are lazy and thats OK)
Too many sections with only a few posts in them wont animate a lot to create a topic and it makes it harder to browse through and look whats "there" since you make a lot of clicks until you actually get to see content.

The easiest for all is a good Thread Title (Users find it easy and Mods can quickly move it to the appropriate Section if needed). A Thread titled "Help!" in the General Section will only attract curious readers, since the title says nothing about the Content.

@OliverH that looks just like a AirBnB Site for EUCs and their riders, interesting find!

I'm a registered urba360 user. I think it comes from there. But I never would borrow my EU to someone I don't know how good he can drive. What happens if something breaks?

Archived