need a solution to stick this 3D part on my MCM 5

hello, I'm having trouble sticking this 3D part on my MCm5.. to make it a crutch. I have already tried 3M double-sided, I tried my epoxy glue but nothing held with humidity.

Do you have a miracle solution? the problem is humidity and vibrations... Finally, if there is an exceptional glue then I take ;) I was also advised to use rubson ft 101 putty. Do you think that it can stick so sustainable ?

Screenshot_20240316_202331_Messenger.jpg

Screenshot_20240316_202321_Messenger.jpg

Industrial sticky velcro maybe ?. The pro stuff marked 'heavy duty' has much more sticking power than regular velcro, both in terms of stiffer hooks and loops AND in glue adhesion, if you prep the surfaces properly first..

I don't like that thin design though - ideally it would have a LOT more contact area with the wheel for a weight bearing part.

I can see how that one could very easily roll off the surface when wheel is at rest on it.

Edited by Cerbera

JBWeld is the best adhesive for most applications. However, I would consider using hardware (screws) in conjunction with an adhesive or as a replacement.

The original formula or the plastic bonder should both work well.

Edit: I have also used pipe solvent/cement on my shell with great results.

Edited by litewave
  • Upvote 1

I was gonna suggest JB Weld myself, but it occurred to me that we don't know what type of plastic that is, and JB weld shouldn't be used on either Polypropylene or Polyethylene plastics. Presumably the plastics version is OK ?

Edited by Cerbera

Sandpaper the parts (Scrape the bottoms as hard as you can - more scrapes - more surface area for glue to stick too..) Worst thing one can do is to try gluing something to completely smooth surface.

Cut groves with knife, etc..

Afterwards clean said surfaces with alcohol, spirit..

Edited by Funky
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, litewave said:

Essayez le solvant/colle ABS auquel j'ai lié ci-dessus. Il réalise une soudure chimique entre les pièces. J'ai également utilisé ce nettoyant en premier.

Au fait, JBW est généralement meilleur que Loctite, mais ymmv.

Hello, thank you for your feedback. But then, you recommend the one for plastic or the normal one. Would putty like the one I showed you (FT 101 Rubson) work? THANKS

39 minutes ago, kelec_947 said:

Hello, thank you for your feedback. But then, you recommend the one for plastic or the normal one. Would putty like the one I showed you (FT 101 Rubson) work? THANKS

Honestly, I have no idea if the FT101 will work. I would search YouTube or other platforms for reviews of the product and its suitability for plastic. I rely on this YT channel a lot, and maybe there is a similar one in France.

Also, I was thinking you might want to print your part in ABS so it has a better chance of fusing it to the shell with the ABS glue I linked to.

If all else fails, I suggest you use some long machine screws and locknuts to fasten the part to the shell.

I would appreciate your keeping us updated on when you finally solve the problem.

• Upvote 1

rtv silicone and do what funky said, rough up the mating surfaces and let it sit 24hours, and u won't be able to remove it. i've seen silicone seal caulking bead hold up a 450 pound bank deal drawer i was replacing. 

• 2 weeks later...