They look so proud of themselves

You know law is mostly just arbitrary but people who work with it, have to respect it over their own lives.

There are many examples in history of when following the law you're actually committing atrocities.

So let's just see it for what it is. An attempt to keep some level of order. Made by man, full of mistakes, but it's the best system we can think of at this time. :D

Edited by alcatraz

You know how the english language isn't governed from high up but by the people that use it. Get enough people to use certain words and expressions and it becomes the official language, in the dictionaries.

My feeling is that law should work the same way. When enough people break it, it needs to be reformed. I'm obviously not talking about serious crimes like murder/rape/theft but all the "fat" around them.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, alcatraz said:

You know law is mostly just arbitrary but people who work with it, have to respect it over their own lives.

There are many examples in history of when following the law you're actually committing atrocities.

So let's just see it for what it is. An attempt to keep some level of order. Made by man, full of mistakes, but it's the best system we can think of at this time. :D

Most (sadly not all) of the people who work with the law around here do not confiscate wheels. And they all seem to get that that confiscating PEV devices is dumb even when they feel compelled to do so.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, winterwheel said:

Most (sadly not all) of the people who work with the law around here do not confiscate wheels. And they all seem to get that that confiscating PEV devices is dumb even when they feel compelled to do so.

:)That majority are clever people that see where the rules have failed and adjust on the fly. Then there are those dumbasses that take things literally.

• Like 1

On 3/18/2024 at 9:39 PM, winterwheel said:

With this photo we see that the person holding the wheel understands nothing about EUC and will never admit the existence of wheelers. Because his profile is not advantageous for trying to get on an EUC. He missed the sports sessions that his job requires of him; he has eaten too much and can no longer see well (see his neck and his glasses). It was easier to catch a stopped wheel than to run after a thief. If we add its weight with its uniform and its equipment we approach the weight limit of the characteristics of this wheel. :lol:

Edited by varamontelo

Imagine riding an illegal vehicle on public roads/bicycle lanes, actively breaking the law, and then actually stopping for the police for them to confiscate the expensive and illegal vehicle.

My suggestion to anyone riding in a place where EUC are illegal, is to stop when they try to pull you over, and when they get out of the car you Michael Jackson lean as if the ownership of your EUC depended on it. Head towards trees or one of these and it's a wrap, even motorcycle cops don't stand a chance. 

Cykelbomme-1673193977.jpg.1f43cc9709a4ea53b68ac2cc3e5d73c2.jpg

But it's been years since I even had to do this. I ride proactively. I follow the rules of the road and don't ride reckless, however if a cop car ever makes the same turn I did, I'll ride down a bicycle lane or a walking path to not even give them a chance to pull me over.

• Like 2

Even in the forest they are perseverant, their motorcycling training also takes place off-road. It would take a surface of wood like the Amazon to try to escape... :ph34r: for just a few minutes (french police).

Edited by varamontelo
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, varamontelo said:

Even in the forest they are perseverant, their motorcycling training also takes place off-road. It would take a surface of wood like the Amazon to try to escape... :ph34r: for just a few minutes (french police).

With how expensive these wheels are getting, and how police are increasingly confiscating, some may even get inspired to carry a metal rod with them to make sure motorcycle cops can't follow them. 

2024-03-21_165233.png.6029a939af90779f5ff7f5344589c535.png

I'm not saying that I will, nor am I advocating that others should. But I wouldn't be surprised.

• Like 1