EUC World Alarm Testing.

When we are riding along, and suddenly hear some beeps, mostly we assume they are speed alarm related, and they usually are in my case. But sometimes I get the odd, non-sequential beeps that I am sure are not speed alarms, but have no idea what they are.

Is there any way to preview the alarms / beep sequences that will be given under any particular condition so we can get used to knowing what the stray ones might mean without recourse to logs later ?

Are you referring to EUCW alarms or wheel-generated alarms? Tbf regarding any alarms I normally poop my pants there and then after a single chirp and I don't normally hang around long enough at whatever the current situation is to hear the sequence :)

Posted (edited)

The wheel speed alarms I can test by free-running it, and some of the EUC World ones the same way (safety margin etc). I'd just like to know what to expect when things like over / low voltage, or over-amps happen, and other, more rare alarms - I think there are a few more we can set too.

I don't get these little anomalies very often, but the most common of them, the occasional 'single beep' from the wheel seems to happen for no reasons I can usually explain, mostly I am not doing anything particularly spectacular at the time...

I know what you mean though - today I suddenly started getting one big long sustained beep ! Regarded wheel (battery packs specifically) with increasing suspicion until it became clear it was my indicator light unit informing me it was running low on power and switching to standby.

Edited by Cerbera

My KS18S has been doing that too. Beeping every now and then when riding. I haven't got time to play around with EUC app yet. It has interfere with anything, so I am too lazy to look into it. I should look into EUC app somewhere to undo it! If you find it before me, please post it!

3 hours ago, Planemo said:

You have seen the Begode/Gotway alarm sheet explaining what the various beeps are yes?

No ! Where's that been hiding then ? :)

Hmm not sure, I remember seeing one a fair while back. I'm sure I printed it out, might be in the shed. I'll have a look tomorrow.

That said, given the age I'm not sure how relevant it will be for the Master, I think it was for older wheels maybe the MSX, but I suspect the beep codes would be the same?

Edit: for the moment, this list was posted in 2021:

Edited by Planemo
  • Thanks 1

On 3/15/2024 at 5:34 PM, Cerbera said:

Is there any way to preview the alarms / beep sequences that will be given under any particular condition so we can get used to knowing what the stray ones might mean without recourse to logs later ?

As a general rule - EUC World does not output alarms as beeps thru wheel builtin beeper/buzzer. So if any beeps came out off the wheel, it wasn't EUC World alarm. Also, all safety-related alarms by default are composed of relatively distinct sound followed by message describing meaning of the alarm, like "<beep, beep, beep> - Slow down!". Of course you can disable messages and get sounds only, as they are distinct enough to easily differentiate between speed alarms, overstress alarms (over/undervoltage, overtemperature, overcurrent and safety margin) and speed limit alarm. Other sounds are informative, like periodic heartbeat sound or connection lost warning.

• Thanks 1