A new i5 style EUC potentially coming this year!

4 hours ago, RooEUC said:

As for EUCs, e-skates and e-bikes, for years I've made a real effort to avoid riding when the battery is super low because I was under the belief that doing so repeatedly would reduce to some degree, the lifespan and/or capacity of my batteries over time.  It's something that's stated so often in the RC hobby scene and by mobile phone enthusiasts. 

I can see two aspects I suspect could be fostering the myth. 1) I could imagine there is a risk of putting a heavy load on a low battery, but I actually don't know this, it may also be totally fine even with a brief voltage drop close to zero. 2) When storing a battery, it may discharge for some reason or another (the discharge rates I have observed on my wheels are extremely low, but IIRC some wheels have been reported dead after a longer storage period). An unknown discharge rate under storage gives a reasonable incentive to store the battery never below 20% to be still safe when some discharge occurs. Additionally, it gives some buffer when the charge status gauge is inaccurate.

Edited by Mono

On 3/15/2024 at 1:36 PM, meepmeepmayer said:

It was always about the amount of power you could expect from a small battery like this.

Exactly. The new high drain cells are a real gamechanger - now 20s1p packs and perhaps even 16s1p packs that deliver usable and safe amounts of power have become possible

On 3/18/2024 at 5:14 PM, Nostris said:

they are starting to say the sweet spot is somewhere in the midrange

Sure, I like such wheels too. I enjoy my V11, but for my purposes (doing very long multi-day trips) a 1.500mAh battery is just not big enough. Having to waste at least 1.5 to 2 hours during every trip while I am waiting in some restaurant for my wheel to finish charging sucked hard (and finding them often wasnt easy either - I had to call restaurants ahead of time and make sure they would let me charge) , and it was expensive too because of course you are obligated to eat something too if you hang around all that time. Having all the range of my EX20 ws such a game changer and so liberating. I did a 60 mile trip yesterday and never had to worry about getting lost, or doing a small detour if I took a fancy or finding about charging spots. I do hate the weight of the EX20 though.

Edited by mhpr262