Inmotion E20

Ronin Ryder

1 hour ago, bpong said:

i didnt think its still available till i searched for it cause of this topic ...it looked peculiar to me then as it still does now...

I saw a bunch of very young kids learning to ride on the E20, and their parents seemed happy that their kids are learning on it.

The parents looked relaxed, and the kids are happy to be on it. It really takes out the fear factor and some of the worries.

4 minutes ago, techyiam said:

I saw a bunch of very young kids learning to ride on the E20, and their parents seemed happy that their kids are learning on it.

The parents looked relaxed, and the kids are happy to be on it. It really takes out the fear factor and some of the worries.

i guess so, ... for me, its the fear factor that reinforces my respect for the device...

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, bpong said:

i guess so, ... for me, its the fear factor that reinforces my respect for the device...

yeah, it's like "Hey, wanna try this gun?  It´s totally safe, you can point anywhere, nothing can go wrong............

until you encounter the real deal.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Robse said:

yeah, it's like "Hey, wanna try this gun?  It´s totally safe, you can point anywhere, nothing can go wrong............

until you encounter the real deal.

damn, thats the perfect analogy !!!

So which firearm we talking about ?  Sig Sauer, HK, Browning, Colt, S&W, etc,... hey, you know that safe switch really does work but alot of people have a problem between either white dot, green dot, and red dot....easiest way to remember - red yur dead... cant get any simpler than that.  for eucs, its "gravity's a bxtch"

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, bpong said:

damn, thats the perfect analogy !!!

So which firearm we talking about ?  Sig Sauer, HK, Browning, Colt, S&W, etc,... hey, you know that safe switch really does work but alot of people have a problem between either white dot, green dot, and red dot....easiest way to remember - red yur dead... cant get any simpler than that.  for eucs, its "gravity's a bxtch"

haha :)  3 dots  - safety or not, you never point at ANYthing unless you plan to shoot (at) it.  You dont ride a wheel that requires you to keep the balance unless you are able to keep it.  Otherwise it's not balancing, just fake crap.    I said it before;  Kids learning with training wheels do not learn properly and will end up using more time training to obtain a proper level of confidence in what they are doing.  A UNIcycle with 2 wheels is not a UNI... 

Edited by Robse
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, bpong said:

I was thinking in a different context. I was thinking more in the way of very young kids and their worrying parents, and the exaggerated fear of the unknown that keep young minds from wanting to learn to ride on an euc in the first place, or their parents from letting their children to learn to ride an euc at all. What I saw first was a dad letting his son learn to ride on an E20. Then at the next event, a bunch of kids and parents join in. And now they have to take turns.

I believe riding a motorcycle can be considerably more dangerous for the average person than driving a car or riding a bicycle, since a motorcyclist must ride in traffic on roadways and would that take considerable more active, defensive driving skills to sufficiently mitigate all the potential risks. I feel that riding an euc doesn't have to fall in this motorcycle category of danger since euc's can be ridden like bicycles.

Edited by techyiam

The one group ride I ever did locally was with a couple who had matching 2-wheel Q Series Airwheels. The width of 2 tyres goes a long long way to removing a big element of skill from riding these things but I think I would still call them unicycles. Contrary to what it looks like, those wheels turned quite nicely, albeit in a rather track-y sort of way, but it was very easy to master and get used to, and of course because anyone could just get on it and go that made parents of curious children a lot happier about letting them try.

It was a good job they didn't go over 11 kph, because the very second one wheel encounters something the other doesn't (like a large stone, a dip or difference in camber etc) rider got pretty much shit-mixed every time ! :) As I recall those double wheels HATED any sort of terrain that wasn't level asphalt !

Edited by Cerbera

1 hour ago, Cerbera said:

It was a good job they didn't go over 11 kph, because the very second one wheel encounters something the other doesn't (like a large stone, a dip or difference in camber etc) rider got pretty much shit-mixed every time ! :) As I recall those double wheels HATED any sort of terrain that wasn't level asphalt !

I only spend about a few minutes on an E20.

Although there are two wheels side-by-side, the E20 is made such that the euc is not that stable, but stable enough. The rider still has to balance the wheel side-to-side. I think that is why it is still a relevant learning tool for someone who wants to ride an euc. For a complete beginner, all this rider will be doing is going straight. But the rider can go very slowly if that is the preference. I think after the rider has reach a certain point, it would probably be better to transition over to a single-wheel euc to continue the learning process.

Thinking back, the early Airwheels had some really robust solutions for beginners. Even the 1 wheel ones came with attachable under-pedal stabiliser wheels that allowed riders to be stationary and get their early moves right without needing stuff to hang on to, although they provided that as well in the form of a grab strap ! After the first day the stabilisers became something of a liability, but did rest slightly off the ground, so some limited movement was possible. But I think they are the only company I saw that ever had beginners so much in mind until I saw the E20...

So even though it is difficult for 'proper' riders to take these wheels seriously, they do represent a nice easy way into the hobby, and invariably lead to the purchase of proper wheels later once the shortcomings of the starter jobbies becomes clear - at least they still can impart enough of a fun time to prompt people to go on to better things...

Edited by Cerbera
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Circuitmage said:

E30 spotted at show;

image.png.0ab268f889fa29610aab7b610d742f36.png

This would be interesting if the two outer wheels elevated above a speed threshold.

Edited by Asphalt
Corrected triple-posting error.
  • Like 1