MCM4 additional Battery

Hey Community,

my MCM4 is just great, but i am interest in extending the range.

When i read the specs in this shop: http://de.aliexpress.com/store/product/Reserve-Gotway-MCM4-130wh-260wh-340wh-520WH-680WH-electric-unicycle-one-wheel-scooter-800W-motor-max/1908673_32468490098.html

There are 2 batterypacks in the small versions and 4 packs in the bigger ones.

I got one of the lower ones, so 2 packs.

What i want to know, is there enougth space to add 2 more packs, to get a big one by my self?

Or is the case modified, so there is noth enougth space?

I think you may be confusing the number of cells with the number of battery packs. I believe the lower end models like the 130wh have 16 cells, but when you move to the 340wh it has 32 cells but still in one pack. When you move to the 540wh and on it has 2 packs but up to 64 cells. 

You can get One pack on Every Side ...

and every pack May be 32 Cells with Up to 420wh

thats 840 Max without modifying The mcm4!

what Do you have 260???

you got one pack with 32 Cells On one side then...

"only" 260 because cell quality....

where are you from??? Europe, States or what?

@cthulhu, to answer your question, if you get your MCM4 with one double pack (32 cells) there is enough room for a second one on the other side. If it's in two single packs (2 x 16 cells), it may be tight, but perhaps it may just fit if your remove the screw-on lid on the battery inside the compartment.

7 minutes ago, Tomek said:

@cthulhu, to answer your question, if you get your MCM4 with one double pack (32 cells) there is enough room for a second one on the other side. If it's in two single packs (2 x 16 cells), it may be tight, but perhaps it may just fit if your remove the screw-on lid on the battery inside the compartment.

There will Not be 16 Cells on each Side!

because then you Would have 2 BMS ...two expensive...or better: Not needed

@cthulhu, if you say you have lowest 130wh then you have one 16 cells battery pack, you can do upgrade on other side with 32 cells battery pack, 

you can look here what i did, you will need BMS or similar, and as i assume you are from Germany so you can buy batteries from here and you will have it fast! ;)

hey, yes i am from germany and i already wrote a  mail to 1radwerkstatt.

and i got the 260wh version

you are saying, 32 cells are on one pack, this pack got 2 bms in there!?

or are 2 cells connect where one should be!?

14 minutes ago, cthulhu said:

you are saying, 32 cells are on one pack, this pack got 2 bms in there!?

One BMS, 16 series 2 parallel = 32 cells ;-) 

I am to stupid to use aliexpress today...

The search engine of the site is terrible...

Can some of you help me, finding a complete battery pack? (not from 1radwerkstatt, they are from germany but it is expensive)

I found this 2 so far:

260wh -> http://de.aliexpress.com/item/Lithium-60v-battery-li-ion-60v-4-4AH-60v-350w-4400mAh-For-samsung-18650-cell-electric/32482248695.html

130wh -> http://de.aliexpress.com/item/Original-For-SAMSUNG-Battery-Cell-60V-2200mAH-132Wh-Battery-pack-Self-balancing-electric-unicycle-18650-batteries/32626886154.html

Or maybe someone of you is using a pack and can recommend one to me!?

And maybe someone of you know which connectors i need for my mcm4?

30 minutes ago, cthulhu said:

but what are the others? cant find them!

JST SM 2P

PS, In my custom battery I chose to swap them for Deans T connectors, used in older unicycle models and having a higher current rating (you should use some hot glue though on them to make sure they don't get loose over time)

I had exactly the same problem, don't know how to describe to the battery seller this connector and requested T connectors. I will solder my own Y-connector with Deans T for the charging wires.

I will post my mods when I receive the Battery Pack ordered. I have the MCM4 260Wh and now I bought from Leadyo another 16S1P of Sony Battery Pack.

• 2 weeks later...
On 31/3/2016 at 11:06 AM, cthulhu said:

Just got the connector specs from the shop, see attachment.

I found the big ones, these are XT60 plugs

but what are the others? cant find them!

HTB1iVLOMXXXXXX_XFXXq6xXFXXXP.jpg

Finally I found the name of that dark connectors for the charging wires!!! They are called JST SM

Hope it helps @cthulhu!!!

Archived