Anyone Use a high-end treadmill to test top speed safely, well safer...lol

myfunwheel

Just had a thought....while riding my Gotway MCM v3 at high speeds, that voice in the back of my head, you know the one that keeps saying push faster, push faster is met with the rational voice that says......you know, fine sir...........if you crash as this speed it's going to be painful, not to mention embarrassing........slow down man!!  So the latter voice wins again haha, has anyone done a high speed test on a treadmill?  I'm aware that most treadmills top out at 12mph, but I know of some high end treadmills that will do 20mph +  I might have to locate one and ask to try my wheel on it, of course I'll document this attempt on video.

Nice :)  I know when I walk into the gym with my wheel, ohhhh the looks of disgust from all the people working out.......like hey, that guys cheating...lol.  Don't worry it's just test, I yell as they quickly chase me out of the gym *tail between legs*.

1 hour ago, dmethvin said:

Here was a quick attempt with my cheap EUC, that one only does up to 8mph and the treadmill tops out at 12mph so yeah, I need to hit the gym or something to test the Firewheel. 

Nice! That's the safest threadmill test than I've seen. :)

4 hours ago, EUC Extreme said:

Here there is no load, the motor does not oppose at all. I believe that such testing is responsible for convergence as defined by raising tested.

Very true. I thought about putting some weight on the pedals to help simulate a person and put more stress on the motor, but I had to take the setup apart before my wife got home and she found out I was doing experiments with her treadmill. :lol:

Archived