My ET Max Trials, Tribulations, and Triumphs

8 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Courtesy of Lem at the EUC Ungerground I just received the ET Max for testing and play. Also a new tiny wheel for added fun :D

20240215_135544-2

I got a kick out of Begode labeling the box so that I'd be sure to get it :)

20240215_135713-2

You are one lucky  ... ehh :dribble:

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Courtesy of Lem at the EUC Ungerground I just received the ET Max for testing and play. Also a new tiny wheel for added fun :D

20240215_135544-2

20240215_135713-2

How do I get your job? lol

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, techyiam said:

Have you thought it through?

Are you willing to push the ET Max until imminent cutout to determine the top speed? 

All Marty has to do is to bring the ET Max to a group ride, and in the parking lot, ask Dawn whether she would like to try out a new wheel. She would then do the rest with a smile. :)

Plus, Marty has Roger as another test pilot.

If they give me free wheels and I monetize a YouTube channel I would risk personal safety for views! Don't think I can afford the hospital stays currently

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Marty Backe said:

Very rarely do I actually get to keep a wheel and I probably earn $200/month on my EUC channel. EUC's are way too niche of a market to make any real money. It has to be a passion project :)

Just killing my dreams... :D

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

:D It's the unit where they made sure that all the door panel bolts where in place.

Edited by null
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, null said:

:D It's the unit where they made sure that all the door panel bolts where in place.

+1.

More like, Begode made sure the unit that was shipped out to Marty was PDI'ed.

Edited by techyiam
  • Haha 1

I thought price fixing was illegal in the west. This can result in for example in the US with 10 years imprisonment, fines $1million individuals, $100 million companies, Link: https://www.ftc.gov/advice-guidance/competition-guidance/guide-antitrust-laws/dealings-competitors/price-fixing. So is it legal for Begode to dictate the prices suppliers sell at? No.

In China they have laws against this too...

https://harris-sliwoski.com/chinalawblog/china-distribution-and-resale-price-maintenance/#:~:text=China Law Insight points out,resale prices) to third parties.

Edited by The Brahan Seer
  • Like 1

I'm no expert but price fixing is when the multiple resellers agree on the price, not the manufacturer. By your logic every time apple comes out and say "new iphone is 1299" or Nvidia say "new GPU is 999" that would be price fixing. 

52 minutes ago, The Brahan Seer said:

I thought price fixing was illegal in the west. This can result in for example in the US with 10 years imprisonment, fines $1million individuals, $100 million companies, Link: https://www.ftc.gov/advice-guidance/competition-guidance/guide-antitrust-laws/dealings-competitors/price-fixing. So is it legal for Begode to dictate the prices suppliers sell at? No.

In China they have laws against this too...

https://harris-sliwoski.com/chinalawblog/china-distribution-and-resale-price-maintenance/#:~:text=China Law Insight points out,resale prices) to third parties.

Admittedly I didn't watch the entirety of this video, so I'm not sure exactly where this comes into the discussion (probaly my fault). But yes, price fixing is very illegal. Minimum advertised pricing (MAP) is what was put in place in order to prevent the "race to the bottom." What was done in response is that some discount vendors would advertise their prices at the MAP rates, in order to be compliant with the policy. However, they are still allowed to sell below MAP. The way to do this while still being in compliance with MAP policy is to make the advertised price harder to see for the average person. For example, having the price in a telegram group that one must join first, or a "click to see price" button on a website, or "add to cart to see price" etc.

Unfortunately, because some manufacturers don't understand or care about the actual laws that are in place, they have begun enforcing arbitrary and capricious additional policies on certain vendors to prevent them from selling them at lower prices that is both illegal and harmful to conducting their business. It's particularly challenging to convince a manufacturer to comply with the law (US or Chinese) when there are only four EUC manufacturers (EB and Begode count as 1, IMHO). It's a dangerous thing to bite the hand that feeds you, when a manufacturer can easily just say "no, we won't sell to you anymore because you aren't in compliance with our new policy that we created 30 seconds ago. Sorry!" - So small dealers have to toe the line and speak extra sweetly to manufacturers and toe the line, out of fear from being "cut off".

12 minutes ago, Drunkard said:

By your logic every time apple comes out and say "new iphone is 1299" or Nvidia say "new GPU is 999" that would be price fixing. 

Apple et al doesn't force that price it is just the recommended price. We can easily buy Apple products cheaper anywhere. What Marty was alluding to is Begode telling suppliers the price they have to sell it at. This is illegal in China as the link explains and probably most of the world.

9 minutes ago, WheelGoodTime said:

Admittedly I didn't watch the entirety of this video,

You just need to watch the first minute. Looking at prices across a few sites world wide they do seem to be the same.....everywhere. This is potentially price fixing. 

5 minutes ago, The Brahan Seer said:

Apple et al doesn't force that price it is just the recommended price. We can easily buy Apple products cheaper anywhere. What Marty was alluding to is Begode telling suppliers the price they have to sell it at. This is illegal in China as the link explains and probably most of the world.

You just need to watch the first minute. Looking at prices across a few sites world wide they do seem to be the same.....everywhere. This is potentially price fixing. 

gotcha, I just watched that portion - it is 100% price fixing to dictate a minimum sale price.

Edited by WheelGoodTime
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, BleepBloopBlop said:

MAP Pricing is super common and makes it an even playing field for vendors small and large. Large vendors likely have better margins due to volume discount for units purchased at once. 

Thats really interesting. Minimum Advertised Price is legal in the US but illegal in the UK which considers it an infringement on competition law.

Learn something new everyday. 

16 hours ago, The Brahan Seer said:

Ok i watched the video now. It does sound like something illegal. hopefully they will not get away with it. 

2 hours ago, Robse said:

How many miles in total and where did the battery level end?

As stated, we rode 59-miles. Charged at lunch. I think Dawn mentions what the battery is at the end but I don't remember what she said.

15 hours ago, Marty Backe said:
17 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

Can you tell us about the shock? Jason is saying 1300lb coil might be too stiff for riders under 180lbs.

So the shock takes air too along with compression/damping knobs? Despite all this control do you think a lighter rider would still be benefit from a 900lb coil?

3 hours ago, Suzuha said:

Can you tell us about the shock? Jason is saying 1300lb coil might be too stiff for riders under 180lbs.

So the shock takes air too along with compression/damping knobs? Despite all this control do you think a lighter rider would still be benefit from a 900lb coil?

If you watch some of the video I just posted with Dawn (who weighs in the 130's), it's not too stiff. She still has the wheel and says the suspension is now dialed in for her.

Bottom line; it's not too stiff.

• Like 1