KS 16s has no option to adjust Gyro?

RoboFixIt

I tried the KS app, Darkness Bot and SoftTuner and each time I reopen the app it just defaults back.

There's got a be a way to make a new app or something and hack this thing to run more comfortably? This is such a good little wheel but it tilts way to far forward.

Thank you for any feedback on this!

Edited by RoboFixIt

• RoboFixIt changed the title to KS 16s has no option to adjust Gyro?

Everything you need is in the app.. Learn to use it.

First thing you need to do is to re-calibrate it (The thing where you need to have wheel be in level position and by app it turns off and you turn it on.)

Next are pedal tilt angle, where you can add degrees to pedal tilting angle. (Pedal front/back go up in air or down.. EUC front up in air or down..)

Edited by Funky

If the wheel is new and the app options don't work.. Maybe the wheel itself have a problem?

Here's some images: (Don't mind red arrow..)

You need the Calibration option. Followed by Gyro angle adjustment. (First one will make sure your wheel is leveled.. And second one will add or decrease pedal tilting angle 0 degree to 10 degree.)

1197081358_GyroscopeAngleAdjustment.thum6e4gutT.jpeg

Edited by Funky
  • Upvote 1

if all other fails, then do a wheel calibration (gyro) and DONT level the wheel, but make it level at a fake slight tilted back angel when you perform the calibration. In this way you cheat the wheel into "thinking" that the fake angel is level.  Go try it :cheers:

• Upvote 2

On 2/14/2024 at 4:42 AM, Funky said:

You need the Calibration option. Followed by Gyro angle adjustment. (First one will make sure your wheel is leveled.. And second one will add or decrease pedal tilting angle 0 degree to 10 degree.)

With the 16s it keeps going back to zero after adjusting the Gyro. I emailed KS to see if they can update the app

AFAIK KS don't necessarily grey out options that are not accessible on some models. I had a 16S until recently and never saw it being able to adjust pedal angle except with the trick method mentioned by @Robse.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RoboFixIt said:

With the 16s it keeps going back to zero after adjusting the Gyro. I emailed KS to see if they can update the app

Have you tried all? Reinstalling app? Forgetting bluetooth connection and reconnecting it like it was your first time connecting with wheel? 

I think app isn't at fault here.. My money is on the wheel itself being "bugged". Have you tied installing latest updates? (If it was the app - more people would have this problem. And you tried multiple different apps.... It isn't the app problem - if end result is the same while trying multiple apps.)

Try this: (Follow the steps) In KS app forget the wheel/disconnect it. Turn off wheel. Turn off WI-FI/bluetooth. Delete KS app. Restart phone. Connect WI-FI. Install KS app from google play. Connect with wheel. Try the gyro thing again. Try pedal angle.

Are you doing the gyro calibration correct? When you press it in app it will turn off the wheel. You need to have the wheel in level position. And then turn it on by power button on the wheel. While being in level position. (Or like @Robse said move wheel front/back - up/down to "fake" level position. That way you will gain pedal degrees - if nothing else works..) 

• Upvote 1

It certainly does have an option. I'm using my wheel with 1 degree front angle for years. 

Putting the the wheel somewhere totally flat before calibration should help. Dont make measurements by eye. You can use your smartphone's leveling function. 

Edited by WoID

43 minutes ago, WoID said:

It certainly does have an option. I'm using my wheel with 1 degree front angle for years. 

Putting the the wheel somewhere totally flat before calibration should help. Dont make measurements by eye. You can use your smartphone's leveling function. 

I normally place mine in stand (Upside down balcony railing planter pot 30Cm in diameter.) and then do the calibration. That way i get my pedals and wheel completely in 0 level position.

No need to keep it leveled and such things.. Good thing the wheel doesn't turn on right after the calibration is done. Otherwise it would speed up in stand. :D 

Edited by Funky