2024 Begode Falcon - 14", Suspension, 100 V, 900 Wh, 1000 W Motor

techyiam

On 8/18/2024 at 11:37 AM, Funky said:

I will accept thank you - previous post. :D 

FYI: The metal rod that hold pedal onto hangers has probably a cut out groove in middle - where the bottom screw screw in. By changing pedal position closed/open - that cut out groove changes it's position.

Begode does not use flats on any of their pedal rods.

• Like 1

I often wonder when voltage discrepancies crop up if you guys really trust your meter….. and if that’s not part of the problem some of y’all have. There’s a huge difference between a $15-$30 meter & a $150-$300 one.
These cheaper meters can as bad +\- 3%, sometimes worse….
That’s a lot of discrepancy when trying to dial in any fraction of a singular volt especially at the higher voltages these newer wheels have.

Edited by Standard4130
  • Upvote 1

Cross-posting from The Photo Thread.

IMG_7081.thumb.jpeg.481106a48f73505785642d3b47a9014b.jpeg

The Falcon managed to make it up this pretty steep and technical 1100ft climb and I was overall quite happy with its performance.

I did get caught it a light rain that made the roots/rocks very slick, so even with the knobby tire I lost traction  a few times and had a few spills. My legs were also jelly by the end of climb so that probably wasn’t helping with navigating obstacles either.

Battery went from 90% - 30% over the ~12 mile ride. 

Edited by the_deeb
  • Like 3

Finally gotten used to the street tire, really loving this wheel now, so much so I’ll get rid of my 16X. But the suspension on this wheel, mine in particular does not,like cold weather, it basically stiffens up the suspension where it hardly moves. This is from 10-12c and below. Only improves if you dial down the suspension softness. I can ride forever in warm weather, but as soon as it’s cold, within 10mins, no suspension. 

4 hours ago, Skampster said:

Finally gotten used to the street tire, really loving this wheel now, so much so I’ll get rid of my 16X. But the suspension on this wheel, mine in particular does not,like cold weather, it basically stiffens up the suspension where it hardly moves. This is from 10-12c and below. Only improves if you dial down the suspension softness. I can ride forever in warm weather, but as soon as it’s cold, within 10mins, no suspension. 

Could cold weather damage the suspension? (I ride in winter from ranges of -1c to -25c) But my commute is around ~7-10 minutes.

I don't really care if over time i lose the suspension. (Moving up/down.) I care more about the chance of damaging it..

Damage, don’t know. I don’t know exactly what part of the suspension is locking up, either the springs don’t like the cold or whatever rubbish oil is in there. 

11 hours ago, Skampster said:

You would get rid of 16x? 16x is a great wheel plus great range and reliability. 

Also someone told me thyeres a new firmware for falcon did you guys install it?

9 hours ago, kintips said:

Also someone told me thyeres a new firmware for falcon did you guys install it?

No new firmware from what I can see. 

4 hours ago, Skampster said:

Yes the 16x is ok, but the ride on the Falcon is better and I have a Lynx, Sherman S and L for range. 

Sorry for derailing this thread, but why a Sherman S AND a Sherman L? Seems like a large overlap. 

2 hours ago, Hellkitten said:

Sorry for derailing this thread, but why a Sherman S AND a Sherman L? Seems like a large overlap. 

I think the Sherman-L is on preorder, as stated in his profile.

I am curious as to which of his wheels he is going to sell, since the Sherman-L is basically a Lynx with more battery. With enough seat-time, the Sherman-L can do it all.

5 hours ago, Hellkitten said:

Well if you have ridden a Lynx and then jump on a Sherman S, the S feels like it’s got a boat anchor on it. As to what I’ll will sell, depends on what Leaperkim do with the firmware on the S. Now I’m hoping that if all reports are true, the L with be as responsive as the Lynx, those two wheels together are my short range fun wheel, and the L will be my wheel I use when I go on 80km+ rides, and those rides I don’t want to take it easy so to speak to save battery ( I have to do this with the Lynx at times) if they give the S an update that has acceleration assist (rumored) and it wakens up the S, I’ll keep it also. What can I say, I like the old boy, plus it won’t be an easy sell where I live. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

People talking about 100km range wheels.. (Where do you guys ride for that long? Going in circles?)

I would be happy with something like lynx.

But much lighter, tad slower and range wise i would be perfectly fine with quarter of that 100km.

1 hour ago, Funky said:

People talking about 100km range wheels.. (Where do you guys ride for that long? Going in circles?)

But much lighter, tad slower and range wise i would be perfectly fine with quarter of that 100km.

You should get a 16X, i can get 100km range out of my 16x. i'm also light. I don't think i will ever need a sherman. if you look at for example richmond to downtown vancouver its only about 18km. its a crazy amount of range the sherman L would give you. if you're light weight rider like me i can ride that probably >300km, thats crazy.

23 minutes ago, kintips said:

You should get a 16X, i can get 100km range out of my 16x. i'm also light. I don't think i will ever need a sherman. if you look at for example richmond to downtown vancouver its only about 18km. its a crazy amount of range the sherman L would give you. if you're light weight rider like me i can ride that probably >300km, thats crazy.

16X is an overkill for @funky in terms of range. 

He only needs a last mile device.

As for myself, the S16 Pro has enough range for my commuting needs for a trip, or two shorter trips. I don't think the Falcon would've been as suitable.

The need for more range usually comes up when I want to join a group ride, or go for a leisurely cruise, which means going outside the city, and at above 30 km/h speeds at times.

45 minutes ago, techyiam said:

As for myself, the S16 Pro has enough range for my commuting needs for a trip, or two shorter trips. I don't think the Falcon would've been as suitable.

The need for more range usually comes up when I want to join a group ride, or go for a leisurely cruise, which means going outside the city, and at above 30 km/h speeds at times.

i just finished my range test on the falcon i can get 60km out of it which is pretty good. And makes perfect sense as the wheel is lighter than the s16pro and the s16pro has way bigger motor, i will have a video soon

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, kintips said:

i just finished my range test on the falcon i can get 60km out of it which is pretty good. And makes perfect sense as the wheel is lighter than the s16pro and the s16pro has way bigger motor, i will have a video soon

How fast were you riding?

2 hours ago, Funky said:

Last night I rode my new EX.N around the high school running track while lifting 5 pound dumbbell weights doing different exercises. 7 miles or 28 laps at low speed. Best workout ever, btw.

Now I'm up to 20 miles after full charge and my battery still says 80%.

Crazy projected range when riding slow on a high torque wheel i guess.

High torque wheels don't get enough respect when it comes to range. They're always going to be more efficient at lower speeds, up hills, and in start stop type environments.  I wonder if they also have better re-generative braking...

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

Ditto. I already got 18xl.. That's the same as 16X.

I want V13/S22/Lynx/Blitz ~~performance~~ (Give or take bit) in light package with small battery. :D (Enough speed to still be fun..)

Thanks to the 1554Wh battery - i need to charge it only 2 times per month of daily commuting. :D Or 1-2hrs of mindless ridding around to go from 100% down to ~30%.

And for those who think it isn't possible.. It is possible. We already have had wheels under 20kg going 50kph speeds with weak old cells. (~5 years old wheels..) Modern cells and modern boards would only boost that speed/power.

Edited by Funky

2 hours ago, techyiam said:

How fast were you riding?

i was going at 30-37km/h, also went off road too on grassy hills to jump and to burn some battery lol The wheel slipped and I fell on the grass, the Street tire sucks for dry grass no traction at all. It will be in my video. It took forever to get it down to 40% i also ran errands with it grocery store etc...

2 hours ago, Funky said:

Ditto. I already got 18xl.. That's the same as 16X.

I want V13/S22/Lynx/Blitz ~~performance~~ (Give or take bit) in light package with small battery. :D (Enough speed to still be fun..)

Thanks to the 1554Wh battery - i need to charge it only 2 times per month of daily commuting. :D Or 1-2hrs of mindless ridding around to go from 100% down to ~30%.

And for those who think it isn't possible.. It is possible. We already have had wheels under 20kg going 50kph speeds with weak old cells. (~5 years old wheels..) Modern cells and modern boards would only boost that speed/power.

yup the 16x and 18xl are pretty much the same, but boy are those legends of wheels. Still good to this day, i consider my 16x my long range wheel now lol I'm surprised people don't buy these wheels especially beginners. I would be happy with a 16x as a beginner and skip the inmoton beginner stuff. i think they will eventually stop making these legends. If you look at eevees they don't even carry the 16x is out of stock and mten4 is out, i think they will be replaced with the newer models only.

42 minutes ago, kintips said:

yup the 16x and 18xl are pretty much the same, but boy are those legends of wheels. Still good to this day, i consider my 16x my long range wheel now lol I'm surprised people don't buy these wheels especially beginners. I would be happy with a 16x as a beginner and skip the inmoton beginner stuff. i think they will eventually stop making these legends. If you look at eevees they don't even carry the 16x is out of stock and mten4 is out, i think they will be replaced with the newer models only.

Funny thing - my local shop carry most of these "smaller", "beginner" wheels only. Mostly because: We can't ride on streets around these parts. And any wheel which has more than 40km range is very huge range. Compared to any e-scooters. Also our cities are pretty small. And any wheel can be ridden on sidewalks. You don't really want anything fast on these sidewalks anyways.

Yup 16x and 18xl in my eyes is the best middle ground wheels. Since they where made, not even single wheel has comes close to their practicality. Amazing trolley handle. Easy to access power button. Automatically disengage motor when lifted. Can be carried by one hand. (See i din't talk about voltage, motor power, battery size - they don't really matter.)

Nothing comes close to them.. Only smaller KS16S or KS14D. Maybe close in second place Inmotion V8/10. Would want to say V11/12 also, but they are TOO close to heavy wheels and weight wise looses comes point in practicality. If one doesn't need range and speed. Which we don't around these parts..

I hate that USA market is mostly dominated by these Monster Truck wheels. :D 

Edited by Funky

2 hours ago, Funky said:

...And for those who think it isn't possible.. It is possible. We already have had wheels under 20kg going 50kph speeds with weak old cells. (~5 years old wheels..) Modern cells and modern boards would only boost that speed/power.

ahhh....yes,  a non-suspended tesla V2 is around 45lbs, and can do up to 50kph.  but if you are talking about wheels that are in the same weight class, and are suspended,  which eucs would those be ?

falcon - 55lbs = 25kg,  16S Pro = 68lbs = 30kg,... i cant think of any others unless its non suspended...

30 minutes ago, bpong said:

ahhh....yes,  a non-suspended tesla V2 is around 45lbs, and can do up to 50kph.  but if you are talking about wheels that are in the same weight class, and are suspended,  which eucs would those be ?

falcon - 55lbs = 25kg,  16S Pro = 68lbs = 30kg,... i cant think of any others unless its non suspended...

S18, V11 for two more. 

Same time by having less battery and smaller wheel diameter - would be lighter. (But how light would be 14" over 18".. 1kg maybe? I'll take 18" then.) Also going back to old classic - plastic, instead of metal. Small wheels don't really need all metal build. Especially if they are made for street commuting, not off-roading. And especially if you don't drop your wheel..

Roughly 3kg for suspension - isn't that much anyways. Falcon is tesla with suspension.. But then again i din't mention suspension. :efee8319ab:

Falcon without suspension and real 16" tire and ~10kph more speed would have been sweet. You could maybe even get 18" for same weight.

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Funky said:

My Sunday ride can be around 80km. Now my Sherman S easily does this, so does my Lynx, only problem is is that I kinda have to a bit reserved on the lynx to get that range if not more, I have more fun on the way home because at that point I know how much power I have left. The Sherman S is well, if you have ridden the Lynx…………………………

Do I need a more range wheel, no, but what I need is a fast powerful wheel that’ll let me ride the distance I do while not having to be slave to moderation. 

• Like 1