2024 Begode Falcon - 14", Suspension, 100 V, 900 Wh, 1000 W Motor

techyiam

1 hour ago, greekanadian said:

Is there a user manual for the falcon? I never got one from eevees where I purchased it from. can't find any manual on the gotway website.

Should I charge it to 100%? How do I ensure the cells get balanced since it's not a smart bms?

I've ridden 27km or so and still just learning but I want to try to ensure optimal battery health.

If you're going to charge, then let it sit for a few days, charge it to 80-90%.
If you're going to charge, then let it sit for a few weeks, charge it to 60-70%
If you're going to charge, then immediately ride it, charge to 100%
If you're going to charge, then immediately ride it downhill, charge to 80-90% to provide room for regenerative braking.
If you want to balance the battery packs, charge to 100% and leave it charging for a few more hours. I do this about once a month.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Skampster said:

Charge to 100% before riding, and when not in use leave it at 60% or 90v. 

ok thanks. and what about tire PSI? when I connected my pump it said 28psi. I just bumped it up to 30 PSI cause that seemed good. it's the knobby version.

I thought I read somewhere else to have the PSI at 40, or could have been in a general Wrong Way video about tire PSI not specifically for the falcon i cant remember. I am 150lbs

36 minutes ago, Asphalt said:

If you want to balance the battery packs, charge to 100% and leave it charging for a few more hours. I do this about once a month.

This is correct for non smart bms, if you can see cell voltage and everything is balanced, no need to let it sit on charge. 

Edited by Skampster

35 minutes ago, greekanadian said:

ok thanks. and what about tire PSI? when I connected my pump it said 28psi. I just bumped it up to 30 PSI cause that seemed good. it's the knobby version.

I thought I read somewhere else to have the PSI at 40, or could have been in a general Wrong Way video about tire PSI not specifically for the falcon i cant remember. I am 150lbs

30psi is about right. Wrong way goes up to 40psi because he’s always doing stuff that could dent his rims. 

• Like 1

Mine stops at 100.4v, hopefully it’s just the mainboard reporting the wrong voltage. But next time you charge let it sit in green for a few hours and see if it creeps up. Better still, take the top cover off and test the actual batteries to see what the voltage says with a volt meter. 

On 8/12/2024 at 7:07 AM, Asphalt said:

@greekanadian I'm sure you will adapt to the Falcon, given enough time on it.
It's the best wheel in its class.

Thanks. I am getting better. I hit 36.6km today and am feeling much better on the wheel now. I've still mostly been practicing on the grass but am going on paved surfaces too. I do a mix of mounting from the grass and from paved just so I'm not getting too accustomed to one or the other. Sometime I'm still pretty wobbly when I get on, but I'm at a nearly 100% success rate mounting from a standstill whether on grass or paved. Getting better at dismounting as well. First day I was basically jumping off the wheel once slowed down, but now I'm mostly able to come to a near stop and drop my left foot off. Not totally confidently though.

I also hit my 'beeps' which I set to 25kmh in the app and have been practicing continuously accelerating then braking, repeat. As well as trying to practice very slow maneuvering turns etc.

Are there any videos anyone would recommend that goes over certain "drills" I could do to improve my skills? While I am feeling much better than my first day, and as much as I would like to hop on the wheel and use it in bike lanes to go in between parks etc, I know better and am not even going to attempt being anywhere near traffic until I am completely confident in my ability to mount and dismount and maneuvering at slow speeds.

I did see one video from someone named Alexis who said it is good practice to learn how to ride 1 legged for at least 3-5 seconds, which I've been trying but mostly failing lol

• Like 2

@greekanadian 

Just chill and enjoy it. Your skills will improve faster if you just start to experience the joy of riding. Get off the grass and out of the parking lot and onto sidewalks or bike paths as soon as possible and start exploring the world from a totally new perspective.

Learning to ride an EUC is a natural fluid experience, not an Olympic sport you train for.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, greekanadian said:

Is there a user manual for the falcon? I never got one from eevees where I purchased it from. can't find any manual on the gotway website.

Should I charge it to 100%? How do I ensure the cells get balanced since it's not a smart bms?

I've ridden 27km or so and still just learning but I want to try to ensure optimal battery health.

Also, if you go for a small ride ~5km for example - you don't need to really charge every time to 100%. Only when you need the range.. And if you need top speed. Otherwise you can charge it when ever you want it. (I for example charge my wheel every second weekend - when battery drops down around 50%. I maybe use ~7% daily.)

When not in use - keep it around 60%. (Few weeks not riding/months.. Ofc checking if it doesn't go to low once a month is good enough, can do it more, if wanna.)

Edited by Funky

18 hours ago, greekanadian said:

I'm 280lbs. 2x your weight and ride around 30psi - just saying for example. You can ride more, if wanna. I'm riding 30psi for comfort. 

Edited by Funky

12 hours ago, greekanadian said:

Thanks. I am getting better. I hit 36.6km today and am feeling much better on the wheel now. I've still mostly been practicing on the grass but am going on paved surfaces too. I do a mix of mounting from the grass and from paved just so I'm not getting too accustomed to one or the other. Sometime I'm still pretty wobbly when I get on, but I'm at a nearly 100% success rate mounting from a standstill whether on grass or paved. Getting better at dismounting as well. First day I was basically jumping off the wheel once slowed down, but now I'm mostly able to come to a near stop and drop my left foot off. Not totally confidently though.

I also hit my 'beeps' which I set to 25kmh in the app and have been practicing continuously accelerating then braking, repeat. As well as trying to practice very slow maneuvering turns etc.

Are there any videos anyone would recommend that goes over certain "drills" I could do to improve my skills? While I am feeling much better than my first day, and as much as I would like to hop on the wheel and use it in bike lanes to go in between parks etc, I know better and am not even going to attempt being anywhere near traffic until I am completely confident in my ability to mount and dismount and maneuvering at slow speeds.

I did see one video from someone named Alexis who said it is good practice to learn how to ride 1 legged for at least 3-5 seconds, which I've been trying but mostly failing lol

Nobody buys a Falcon to become a master on the grass. The grass riding is stopping your progress.

19 hours ago, greekanadian said:

How did you get your Falcon before me lol I preordered mine from eevees they just shipped it yesterday. I should get mine on Thursday. I got mine with the street tire, but bought a knobby tire just in case. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, slippyfeet said:

With the stock 5A charger, the wheel never charges to 100.8V, it kicks off by itself around 99.95V

Mine idles around 100.2 after a full charge. 

1 hour ago, kintips said:

How did you get your Falcon before me lol I preordered mine from eevees they just shipped it yesterday. I should get mine on Thursday. I got mine with the street tire, but bought a knobby tire just in case. 

I walked into their store the day after their delivery and bought one on-site. I didn't want to wait for shipping.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Esash said:

Nobody buys a Falcon to become a master on the grass. The grass riding is stopping your progress.

Well grass riding is fun do it all the time. Great learning tool because of all the hidden bumps and uneven terrain, and its harder than pavement. 

• Upvote 1

Yeah, I think starting to do more technical off-road/trail riding really helped to boost my riding skills and translated directly to getting better at navigating through crowds at very slow speeds.

I think the other key thing to practice for safe city riding (with traffic) is getting really comfortable mounting/dismounting, ideally on both sides.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kintips said:

Well grass riding is fun do it all the time. Great learning tool because of all the hidden bumps and uneven terrain, and its harder than pavement. 

Can confirm @Esash. I learned on grass (as i didn't want to scrape my wheel while learning..)

First time i went onto smooth asphalt - i was like WTF.. I don't feel any bumps or anything. It felt like i was literally gliding true air! It was so smooth and easy to ride.

Grass/Dirt road riding actually increases one skills much, much faster. As saying goes - 1 hr off-road = 12 hrs on smooth level ground riding while learning.

On my third day of riding i was already riding true city/people without any problems. Even at walking speeds. Because compared to grass riding - asphalt was easy mode!!! Didn't need any effort to ride.

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Funky said:

Can confirm @Esash. I learned on grass (as i didn't want to scrape my wheel while learning..)

First time i went onto smooth asphalt - i was like WTF.. I don't feel any bumps or anything. It felt like i was literally gliding true air! It was so smooth and easy to ride.

Grass/Dirt road riding actually increases one skills much, much faster. As saying goes - 1 hr off-road = 12 hrs on smooth level ground riding while learning.

On my third day of riding i was already riding true city/people without any problems. Even at walking speeds. Because compared to grass riding - asphalt was easy mode!!! Didn't need any effort to ride.

I got my threads and names mixed up. Even when I was typing Falcon, I was thinking MTen5 and thought he was learning how to ride an MTen on the grass first.

Yeah of course Falcon on the grass makes sense, with bigger wheel and suspension. Still going to slow his initial development but not stunt it.

15 minutes ago, Esash said:

I got my threads and names mixed up. Even when I was typing Falcon, I was thinking MTen5 and thought he was learning how to ride an MTen on the grass first.

Yeah of course Falcon on the grass makes sense, with bigger wheel and suspension. Still going to slow his initial development but not stunt it.

Wheel doesn't really matter. One could learn Mten4 on grass. It still woild boost one skill way faster and higher. Than riding on smooth asphalt, even worse if one is holding onto something while riding said smooth road..

Jump into deep poll side and start swimming.  Or start plashing in shallow side and days.. Days.. Later you only will start to swim. :D 

I don't get people who start off riding while holding onto something - you are not learning at all. (Viewpoint from someone who learned to free mount first, before riding once.)

Edited by Funky

58 minutes ago, Funky said:

Wheel doesn't really matter. One could learn Mten4 on grass. It still woild boost one skill way faster and higher. Than riding on smooth asphalt, even worse if one is holding onto something while riding said smooth road..

Jump into deep poll side and start swimming.  Or start plashing in shallow side and days.. Days.. Later you only will start to swim. :D 

I don't get people who start off riding while holding onto something - you are not learning at all. (Viewpoint from someone who learned to free mount first, before riding once.)

While this is my first wheel and first learning experience, I have a similar perspective here.

When I first started learning I held on to a fence, stood up on the wheel and started going backwards and forwards just to get a quick idea for how the wheel felt and what to expect after I jumped on.

I did that for like 5 minutes then immediately started trying to free mount both from asphalt and lumpy grass. It was very difficult starting from the lumpy grass so I started on the asphalt pointed towards the grass for when I inevitably lost balance and dropped the wheel.

From my experience though learning how to free mount and dismount well is by far the most important skill to learn as a newbie. This may be wrong since I don't have much experience to call on, but everything else kind of just falls into place afterwards. Once I was up on the wheel moving at a moderate pace, turning and maneuvering around was cake compared to mounting and dismounting.

1 hour ago, the_deeb said:

Yeah, I think starting to do more technical off-road/trail riding really helped to boost my riding skills and translated directly to getting better at navigating through crowds at very slow speeds.

I think the other key thing to practice for safe city riding (with traffic) is getting really comfortable mounting/dismounting, ideally on both sides.

Learning how to mount and dismount with both legs would definitely be ideal. I'm going to try this once I get better on the wheel overall. I did try it a few times and it was a major major fail. I could hardly even hold up the wheel with my off-leg (left for me). I think this will be beneficial though if I can learn it because right now I am feeling quite a bit of knee strain on my main/right leg since I've been practicing mounting and dismounting so much. I'm putting a lot of inward pressure with this knee as well as trying to grip/hold the wheel etc so it's getting kind of overworked.

And now that I have practiced a lot both on asphalt and grass / lumpy areas, mounting on asphalt is almost a cake walk now. I'm still not 100% confident with my mounting but it's getting much better. I'm mostly not just jumping off the wheel and grabbing it when dismounting now too lol. Mostly. :efefb6a84e:

Really enjoying this wheel so far! I was at this beachy/grassy/dirt field area that was quite lumpy but had really great grip and provided a lot of control. I started ripping back and forth in this area really accelerating and braking as hard as I was comfortable with to start learning how to lean harder forwards and backwards. having the uneven and somewhat unpredictable terrain really makes you loosen up your knees to be able to absorb everything without losing balance...even tho the wheel has suspension which really helps yeah. I lost balance a few times and basically kicked the wheel out and away from me as I ran it out (without falling). Nice being able to do that without fearing damage to the wheel since it's a pretty soft area.

• Like 2

The Falcon really is a beast on trails. The crazy torque manages gradients and climbs over rocks/roots I could never have managed on the KS16X (which was already a pretty torquey wheel), and the higher pedals and suspension are of course also nice improvements. 

I wish it had a bit more high speed stability on roads, which would make it a better commuter, but I guess that’s the tradeoff. Also the suboptimal lift switch situation that I mentioned before. 

I’m still wondering if the new updated KS S18 may have been a better fit for my commuting use case. Can any S18 (molicel version) owners who’ve acquired a Falcon share some comparative opinions?

31 minutes ago, the_deeb said:

The Falcon really is a beast on trails. The crazy torque manages gradients and climbs over rocks/roots I could never have managed on the KS16X (which was already a pretty torquey wheel), and the higher pedals and suspension are of course also nice improvements. 

I wish it had a bit more high speed stability on roads, which would make it a better commuter, but I guess that’s the tradeoff. Also the suboptimal lift switch situation that I mentioned before. 

I’m still wondering if the new updated KS S18 may have been a better fit for my commuting use case. Can any S18 (molicel version) owners who’ve acquired a Falcon share some comparative opinions?

I have S18 regular, but i'm also super light weight rider. So i don't ever get voltage sag issues or cut outs. The only difference with the molicel is the battery would be better if you would push it and it didn't cut out (eg heavier riders). I will say S18 are cruisers not torque masters. I have a S16 for torque. If you want torque buy a S16pro! I will do a full comparison when i get my falcon tomorrow. 

Gonna go ride my 16X now to get a burger (i love the trolley handle)

Hey Everyone, I need your Help!

i just got my Falcon, and unboxed it in the video, But my LEFT foot pedal is super loose? do you guys know if it needs spacers or something? i contacted eevees no reply yet. 

As for the RIDE @funky the street tire is great I don't have a problem riding it at all. Actually this wheel is SUPER easy to ride its like a MTEN4 but easier. only issue i have is the foot pedal and maybe needs extra padding on the Achilles tendon area, i'll add neopream foam

Watch the video at 3:18 The foot pedal issue

• Like 2