2024 Begode Falcon - 14", Suspension, 100 V, 900 Wh, 1000 W Motor

techyiam

Agree, I don’t watch her much myself, but she’s good for the hobby, lots of people I know only know of EUC’s because of her. 

• Like 1

Look at her subscription numbers. 

And she can ride an euc, offroad and on-road. And her channel does have euc content. 

Say what you will, but her channel gets people to notice euc's. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

Look at her subscription numbers. 

And she can ride an euc, offroad and on-road. And her channel does have euc content. 

Say what you will, but her channel gets people to notice euc's. 

I'm sure they are not watching for EUCs, they watch for the other assets in the video lol :D

11 minutes ago, Standard4130 said:

Another vote for the knobby….

in the video he complained about not being able to carve as well on the street tire above 20kmhr. I don't think that would be a deal breaker. But you're right that's another one for the knobby. i'm really curious about this gyro effect now, i wonder if it would feel like riding like a sherman wheel large diameter gyro effect, in a small wheel. I sorta like that effect as it makes you lean more to turn (eg s18) and it feels like you're doing something and you're not bored lol.

7 minutes ago, kintips said:

I'm sure they are not watching for EUCs, they watch for the other assets in the video lol :D

Her Channel has 1.54 million subscribers.

That's more than all other euc youtubers combined. 

And regarding euc content, she has more euc related videos than those that are not.

Mind you, her shorts seemed to be her secret weapon to success. 

But still, one could argue that she is an euc youtuber. 

So, probably, she did more than her share in getting people to be exposed to euc's. 

42 minutes ago, kintips said:

in the video he complained about not being able to carve as well on the street tire above 20kmhr. I don't think that would be a deal breaker. But you're right that's another one for the knobby. i'm really curious about this gyro effect now, i wonder if it would feel like riding like a sherman wheel large diameter gyro effect, in a small wheel. I sorta like that effect as it makes you lean more to turn (eg s18) and it feels like you're doing something and you're not bored lol.

I can verify that higher speed turning on pavement reveals the Falcon’s street tire nature…. It does “feel” like a larger wheel at those speeds but in a different way, like, you don’t have the leverage on the Falcon that you would on a bigger wheel. I had to fight the Falcon way more than my Lynx at half the speed on the Falcon.  Like turning/carving at 20mph on the Falcon felt like turning/carving at 40mph on the Lynx.

• Like 2

It seems to be the common complaint of people who either come from larger/ heavier machines, are of larger biological stature or prefer to lock themselves in with aftermarket pads.
I think the street tire requires a different skill set that some just don't want to deal with, likely because they rather have synergy with how they ride other wheels. Carving requires more downward pushing rather than inner leg manipulation, and turning at speed I found it easier to control on the balls of my feel (tip-toes, heels up) keeping more body weight in line with the pedals rather than leaning over it.

It feels "buoyant” so you need to treat it like you’re steering a small watercraft rather than a bike.

Edited by slippyfeet
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Standard4130 said:

I can verify that higher speed turning on pavement reveals the Falcon’s street tire nature…. It does “feel” like a larger wheel at those speeds but in a different way, like, you don’t have the leverage on the Falcon that you would on a bigger wheel. I had to fight the Falcon way more than my Lynx at half the speed on the Falcon.  Like turning/carving at 20mph on the Falcon felt like turning/carving at 40mph on the Lynx.

Perfect wheel that feels like you are riding 40mph, but actually 20mph - Safety. :) In my mind that's positive feature. :D 

Here's a real question - do lighter rider feel more the street tire vs someone 2x the weight? Like 180lbs vs 280lbs rider.

Edited by Funky
  • Upvote 1

On 7/29/2024 at 6:50 PM, litewave said:

In a word: headroom.

The MCM cuts out at 28+mph, so the safe riding speed is around 22-23. Because of the small diameter and available power, you can quickly get into trouble from that relatively low speed. 

So, an upper limit of 35+mph should allow for safe riding into the upper 20s.

Owned an MCM5 v2; I hit 33 mph on mine before it pedal dipped HARD, slightly downhill. I would say this wheel shouldn’t be ridden faster than around 29 mph with full battery.  It would start beeping around 27 mph. Falcon around 29 mph for me. 

the point here is, the Falcon isn’t much faster than an MCM5 v2. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

"personally i hate anything above 2.5" width.. not nimble enough, hate any gyro effect whatsoever.. could be my weight but the 18XL is perfect, every 3" tire ive tried i hated, the worst being the mten since its almost flat"

"I am 100% with you on this, but it seems we are the silent minority on the issue"

4 hours ago, Esash said:

"personally i hate anything above 2.5" width.. not nimble enough, hate any gyro effect whatsoever.. could be my weight but the 18XL is perfect, every 3" tire ive tried i hated, the worst being the mten since its almost flat"

"I am 100% with you on this, but it seems we are the silent minority on the issue"

Everyone who hated the Z10 usually blamed its 4" tire and train/tram tracking so I was a bit disappointed to see the Falcon and mten5 with such wide tires. It was interesting to see the Australian Distributor's video clip above where he said he hated the Falcon with the 3.5" street tire but loved it with the 3" knobby (and different pads). Narrower tires are usually lighter as well.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Ben Kim said:

Owned an MCM5 v2; I hit 33 mph on mine before it pedal dipped HARD, slightly downhill. I would say this wheel shouldn’t be ridden faster than around 29 mph with full battery.  It would start beeping around 27 mph. Falcon around 29 mph for me. 

the point here is, the Falcon isn’t much faster than an MCM5 v2. 

Forward pedal dip on a downward slope would be scary. I lost power a couple times at 29mph but managed to stay on the wheel and coast for a second or so until the motor reengaged.

I live on the coast in flat terrain but actually rode my MCM5v2 down a somewhat steep hill on a trip recently for the first time. Within 300' or less, it went into hard tiltback and forced me to stop. Battery was at 90% or so. I tried again twice more and got the same result, and resigned myself to zig-zagging down the hill at 12-15mph tops.

Based on your and others' feedback, I'm going to pass on Falcon v1 for now. Thanks.

Edited by litewave
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Standard4130 said:

Yet, another vote for the knobby…. How they set the wheel up is exactly how I’ve got mine set up BTW.

They did mention they love the street tire for the really slow inside stuff…. lol

Im surprised stock pads arent that good. Ive seen people have no problems with the pads. Is the pads a hard foam? Maybe if you line it with neopream is more comfy for the edges

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, kintips said:

Im surprised stock pads arent that good. Ive seen people have no problems with the pads. Is the pads a hard foam? Maybe if you line it with neopream is more comfy for the edges

They’re like a hard foam/rubber. Significantly heavy too, like 4 to 5 lbs worth… The problem with them is they’re fixed, so you either fit them or you don’t. Also, they’re not very deep & don’t provide a significant lip to power,brake or lift/jump with. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

In your opinion/experience, what would be the range of this wheel for a 90kg/200Ibs rider at a 4°C/40°F (urban commuting ride at 35kph/23mph straight lines) and importantly : no crippled riding experience with beeps and reduces speed. I don't care about range past a decent riding experience.

Edited by Tokumeino

27 minutes ago, Tokumeino said:

In your opinion/experience, what would be the range of this wheel for a 90kg/200Ibs rider at a 4°C/40°F (urban commuting ride at 35kph/23mph straight lines) and importantly : no crippled riding experience with beeps and reduces speed. I don't care about range past a decent riding experience.

I would guess 35km? In 30-40km range for sure. (If you are riding straight lines and don't stop/accelerate often..)

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Skampster said:

I weight just under 80kg, and I got around 35km to 80v, averaging between 30-40kmph. 

Thanks @Skampster and @Funky. But that's not in cold weather, right ? Or do 50s cells behave very well at low temperatures ?

Edited by Tokumeino

33 minutes ago, Tokumeino said:

Thanks @Skampster and @Funky. But that's not in cold weather, right ? Or do 50s cells behave very well at low temperatures ?

Not under 0C. 50S i heard do better in colder temps compared to older cells. (Humans and Cells like same temps..)

If you come out of house and ride straight away - wheel won't get that cold - that fast in first place.. Also while ridding cells get somewhat warmer over time. So i would not worry about that. I have ridden in -25C temps without problems. And i got some older, weaker cells in my wheel.

In cold you gonna lose about 5km more range - i imagine. If you are out longer than 1hr.

Edited by Funky
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Living in Paris, France, I won't ride below 0 anyway. But due to my weight over 80kg and half of my 15km commute beeing composed of dense urban areas (so frequent stops and speed variations), I'm afraid that this wheel will be a bit on the short side to me.

Hopefully a V2 will add 20-25% battery and a better BMS.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Tokumeino said:

Living in Paris, France, I won't ride below 0 anyway. But due to my weight over 80kg and half of my 15km commute beeing composed of dense urban areas (so frequent stops and speed variations), I'm afraid that this wheel will be a bit on the short side to me.

Hopefully a V2 will add 20-25% battery and a better BMS.

The Falcon is already 55 lbs. If a bit more weight can be accommodated, maybe an S16 Pro a consideration?

Edited by techyiam

On 8/2/2024 at 1:03 AM, DavidB said:

Everyone who hated the Z10 usually blamed its 4" tire and train/tram tracking so I was a bit disappointed to see the Falcon and mten5 with such wide tires. It was interesting to see the Australian Distributor's video clip above where he said he hated the Falcon with the 3.5" street tire but loved it with the 3" knobby (and different pads). Narrower tires are usually lighter as well.

Are there any suspension wheels with 2.5" tires? Or even 2.75"? I'll look up the S18 and V11, maybe one of those.

Edit: Nope, both 3" tires. Hmmm.

Edited by Esash