2024 Begode Falcon - 14", Suspension, 100 V, 900 Wh, 1000 W Motor

techyiam

On 7/1/2024 at 6:17 PM, Wgm said:

The tilt angle resets after changing.  Anyone know if this will be fixed.  Really don't like default of 4

Just calibrate it properly. The tilt angle reset is for those that need a quick fix for transitioning from street to dirt. 

On 7/2/2024 at 1:40 PM, slippyfeet said:

I’m getting about 13-15mi. from the top 1/3 of the battery capacity riding as briskly as I’m willing to. Surely I wish it gave me 20% more overall just because I tackle 3 inclines on my ride routes (elevation screenshots posted earlier) and the final climb to return home is taxing - low battery beeps blaring through a residential area at 7am isn’t fun.

Approximating my 100% —> 25% battery use:

18XL, 1554wh 40mi.

S16, 1480wh 26mi.

Falcon, 900w 25mi.

I would say so.

Lots of hard stop and go in my use case, I got 23ish miles from 100% to tiltback (~74v)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ben Kim said:

My pad setup on the Falcon. Was going to do a fairing but it’s not needed. 

How do you find the knobby tire?
Have you ridden it without pads?
Has @houseofjob tried your Falcon set up yet?

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Asphalt said:

He will test it today 😉

Edited by Ronin Ryder
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Also would like to know how is it to ride without pads. 

Is it okay for something like gravel road and small potholes (indents in gravel roads) going ~15-20mph. I'm riding my non suspension 18xl like that and haven't hand any problems..

Pads only make wheel wider and take up more space. (Also can't close pedals.) And i haven't needed them - that's why i wanna know, if Falcon suspension would make rider "bounce" more, or would it make whole ride smoother, less bouncy for rider?

Edited by Funky

1 hour ago, Asphalt said:

Much better than the street tire which I tested. The knobby behaves predictably, like any other wheel I’d tend to like. 

yes I’ve ridden it without pads and I’d be perfectly fine without them but I have a newfound addiction to jumping curbs and manhole covers

I haven’t seen him in years. 

• Upvote 2

On 7/5/2024 at 11:13 PM, Ben Kim said:

Much better than the street tire which I tested. The knobby behaves predictably, like any other wheel I’d tend to like. 

yes I’ve ridden it without pads and I’d be perfectly fine without them but I have a newfound addiction to jumping curbs and manhole covers

I haven’t seen him in years. 

How do you like the Falcon after several days of use, are you happy with the purchase, does it make sense to replace the v8 or 18xl without shock absorbers or A2?  Have any problems emerged?

7 hours ago, Ben Kim said:

I am still sorely disappointed with the speed; it goes basically the same speed as an 84V MCM5 v2. 

Does the Falcon offer field weakening for higher top speed?

On 7/13/2024 at 12:46 AM, Elitcons said:

How do you like the Falcon after several days of use, are you happy with the purchase, does it make sense to replace the v8 or 18xl without shock absorbers or A2?  Have any problems emerged?

For me, it doesn't replace my 18XL, but it offers a different ride dynamic at the same weight and speed. If it's sunny and I need to go a further distance than 30 miles, 18XL. If the weather is iffy and the roads are already wet, I use the Falcon.

Sure it would be nice for more top-end speed, but I don't tinker with anything that isn't broken. Stock everything, zero problems.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Asphalt said:

Does the Falcon offer field weakening for higher top speed?

Field weakening only works really on the top end of speeds, wouldn’t really do anything for a wheel that has a 42 mph no load speed. 

not to mention, Begode never got the feature working properly even on their higher end wheels. 

14 hours ago, Ben Kim said:

Field weakening only works really on the top end of speeds, wouldn’t really do anything for a wheel that has a 42 mph no load speed.

Mine free spins at only 39mph….. sure wish they could open it up another 6mph.

I’d love for this wheel to clock 35 safely. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Standard4130 said:

Mine free spins at only 39mph….. sure wish they could open it up another 6mph.

I’d love for this wheel to clock 35 safely. 

I just want 31 mph on full battery before beeps start like it was originally advertised. Riding the beeps to not get run over by cars is a little stress-inducing. 

Also the new 03 firmware doesn’t do anything except change the programming of the taillight.  Now it shows a color to correspond with battery level like the older Begode wheels when idle (blue = full, green = 80%, etc) 

5 hours ago, Ben Kim said:

I just want 31 mph on full battery before beeps start like it was originally advertised. Riding the beeps to not get run over by cars is a little stress-inducing. 

Then why are you riding this wheel with cars? That's the real question.. On sidewalks this wheel would be perfect.

Any ideas as to why my new falcon is doing severe pedal dipping, un-rideable, when I update to either 02 or 03, it’s fine on 01 that it came with. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Skampster said:

Any ideas as to why my new falcon is doing severe pedal dipping, un-rideable, when I update to either 02 or 03, it’s fine on 01 that it came with. 

Did you try a calibration after update?

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Skampster said:

Ах да, я подумал об этом через час после того, как получил его. Единственная причина, по которой я изначально не сделал этого, это после того, как я обновился до 03, я вернулся к 01, все было в порядке, установил 02, возникли проблемы, вернулся к 01, никаких проблем. Мне просто показалось странным, что 02 и 03 были абсолютно неуправляемы, а 01 был в порядке. Поэтому я поужинал и подумал, что снова установлю 03, а затем перекалибрую его. И оно отлично работало. Совершил свою первую поездку, и это было приятно, такое хорошее маленькое колесо. Завтра утром я впервые полностью зарядлю его и посмотрю, как далеко я смогу на нем проехать. Это мое первое колесо Begode, я привык к очень хорошо себя ведущим Leaperkim. 

👍🏻We are waiting for your impressions and comparisons with other wheels.