2024 New EUCs - V13Pro, V12Pro, E20S, V18, E25, P6

Merkyu Kyu Kyu

17 minutes ago, Frolic0415 said:

25kg is lightweight for a modern and suspension wheel, get with the times ;)

What are V8, etc.. wheels then? Space rocks? That are in space and have no weight? Nah.. Those wheels are lightweight. Otherwise tell me what are thoses.

Wheels under 20kg and 30kg can't be same weight class. Humans don't become suddenly stronger... Be 5 or 10 years ago - it doesn't matter. Light will be light and heavy will be heavy. And medium right between. :) 

Otherwise V13 is lightweight also then... (Compared to motorcycle.) :D  

Edited by Funky

I think the bottom line is that a modern suspension wheel will not be in the "light" weight class until there's some next-gen tech update.

That said, I think the market is hungry for modern suspension wheels that are relatively lightweight.

There we go again with the "market" buzz word. Which market are you talking about? The one who is most likely on this forum, or have joined some ride group? Or regular Joe, who uses euc simply to commute to work?

There are many people who would take non-suspension wheel for it's simplicity. At lower speeds it isn't needed really. Then again going from "statics" i'm one single out-layer.. :efeee20b79: 

How did we ride wheels without suspension at the beginning - i wonder.. Many people keep crying for RS19 replacement.. Made by modern day standards. Because it was the best weight to performance wheel at the time. With more powerful cells we could get same performance for even lighter weight.

Edited by Funky

Big wheel diameter over suspension any day.. Save weight by removing suspension and instead give us big wheel. It simply will roll over any obstacle. Same time way more robust wheel.

Ride 10" scooter and then ride 16/18" euc. Day and night difference going over gravel road. 20" would be lovely. Road bike setup.. We are only getting MTB setups..

Edited by Funky

Well you do you, Funky.  I know that I will never buy a non-suspension wheel again due to the poor quality of roads and pathways in my area.

5 hours ago, Funky said:

Road bike setup.. We are only getting MTB setups

There's merit here for having more 'road bike' equivalents and I think the V10 or 18XL may still the closest things out there for that target market.  It seems to me that the premium EUCs are aiming for street bike (motorcycle) and dirt bike (motorcycle) market segments rather than meat-powered bicycles.  These need big power so they have heavy weight, and suspension is needed for safety on those wheels... I would not want to hit a pothole at 80 km/h on a 100 lb. wheel without suspension, regardless of the wheel diameter or tire size!  

5 hours ago, Funky said:

There we go again with the "market" buzz word. Which market are you talking about?

There's many markets!  Everyone has different needs, but you can group them together somewhat.  eg: the "people who want to fly off giant dirt jumps" market or the "people who want to weave through New York traffic at 60 mph" market.  I am part of the "please just get me there in one piece" market.

5 hours ago, Funky said:

How did we ride wheels without suspension at the beginning - i wonder.

By implicitly agreeing to eat shit now and then.   :rolleyes:

Edited by MacGyverCanada
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Asphalt said:

I wish InMotion would hurry up and launch a new wheel so that Begode can counter-launch the A3.

LOL!! you're probably right on that, but it would A3 and probably one other wheel for good measure!

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Asphalt said:

I wish InMotion would hurry up and launch a new wheel so that Begode can counter-launch the A3.

I hear it can do 500mph in 2.1 sec and has 3x round the globe range and only weight 3650 lbs and it has a seat that can accommodate 2 very fully grown people. The EUC to rule them all and it can be charge in less than 15min. 

Assesory is a hotswap battery that adds 2,4x range and 1.5 the speed. Built it a jump assist mode that catapults it even above trump rover without the need to prelood the suspension. 

This time Begode real out did their launch cycle to bring really innovative specs before Inmotion. 

Only one problem they are holding back to counter launch it....

But more news to follow in the Begode brand thread...

So really no need to seperate threads from other brands anymore.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, MacGyverCanada said:

By implicitly agreeing to eat shit now and then.   :rolleyes:

Those guys whill eat shit even on suspension wheels.. Somehow over 4 years i have not fallen off. (I don't even use gear..) Because i know i will not fall off. Only if wheel stops working mid ride, which i know will happen someday..

See here you are talking about riding 80kph... I wan't bicycle level euc's, not motorbike. (Pev's ARE BANNED on streets here - we ride where pedestrians walk. So speeds isn't needed here. So do suspension. Most i have gone is 45kph. At fun ride with gear. Whiteout gear i ride much slower.)

• Like 1

18XL owners with no interest in modern 80lb+ behemoths are unfortunately a niche that the manufacturers have indefinitely postponed in favor of this  “American muscle car” era of EUCs.

Having given the S16P and Mten5 a chance this year, they didn’t quite live up to my expectations. If the V18 somehow sheds 6-7kg from the V14 and/or E25 is a better built S18 alternative, I’ll definitely give inmotion another try 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Funky said:

See here you are talking about riding 80kph... I wan't bicycle level euc's, not motorbike. (Pev's ARE BANNED on streets here - we ride where pedestrians walk. So speeds isn't needed here. So do suspension. Most i have gone is 45kph. At fun ride with gear. Whiteout gear i ride much slower.)

I get why, but every time I see lightweight wheels described as "beginner wheels" I get a tad annoyed. It assumes everyone wants a big, fast wheel eventually, which I doubt is the case. At least not everywhere. Even though I ride every day and have done so for many years now, I still don't want a heavier or faster wheel. Where I live, riding fast would be both irresponsible and impractical. Furthermore, legislation here means the max speed of the wheel dictates if it is legal or not, not the speed at which it is ridden (and a software limit isn't good enough). So, not only is a heavy/fast wheel impractical, it could also mean the difference between a slap on the wrist from the police and jail time (I don't really know if that could happen, but if an accident with a 80km/h wheel occured I suspect it actually could).

I am willing to pay a premium price for a high-quality wheel, as long as it is light and slow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Kai Drange said:

I am willing to pay a premium price for a high-quality wheel, as long as it is light and slow.

How light, how low a top speed, and how high a premium price?

10 minutes ago, MacGyverCanada said:

Happy to pay Patton prices for a premium "V10 with suspension" that's light enough to bunny-hop and is safe at 50 km/h.

Hmm.

That should be doable, depending on weight.

Just not sure about the market demand.

There are people that can bunny hop heavier wheels than the S16 Pro.

The S16 Pro is well built, has good weather protection, and a smart BMS.

And it is priced well.

What do you think is needed to get the S16 Pro into a wheel that you would want? 

8 minutes ago, techyiam said:

What do you think is needed to get the S16 Pro into a wheel that you would want? 

Larger wheel diameter, better tire, higher voltage, higher top speed (for safety margin), proper spike pedals, and better suspension out of the box.  Oh, and certainly no need for the LED light show and speakers.

EDIT: Goldilocks says the S16 Pro is a bit too small and the Blitz is a bit too big...  

Edited by MacGyverCanada

We can bunny hop the Sherman S so if that is a deal breaker you can learn to do it on heavier wheels.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rawnei said:

We can bunny hop the Sherman S so if that is a deal breaker you can learn to do it on heavier wheels.

"Bunny hop" was just alluding to that i don't want a heavier wheel, but mostly because i need to carry it up and down stairways.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, slippyfeet said:

18XL owners with no interest in modern 80lb+ behemoths are unfortunately a niche that the manufacturers have indefinitely postponed in favor of this  “American muscle car” era of EUCs.

Having given the S16P and Mten5 a chance this year, they didn’t quite live up to my expectations. If the V18 somehow sheds 6-7kg from the V14 and/or E25 is a better built S18 alternative, I’ll definitely give inmotion another try 

We aren't niche.. We simply are most silent, regular Joe who are commuting to work with wheel. Not joining group rides, etc nonsense.. We use wheel to go to place, not for "Fun" riding. 

18XL is simply best wheel and in my eyes it's still is one of the best in weight to speed to wheel size. And battery is huge. Nothing on market comes close to it. Great carry handle. Automatic lift switch that kills motor. I wish manufacturers could from ground up build something new. Same type handle and everything.. Just add Smart BMS. Waterproofing. 100V+ system and 50S cells. Battery around 1000Wh.

2 hours ago, Kai Drange said:

I get why, but every time I see lightweight wheels described as "beginner wheels" I get a tad annoyed. It assumes everyone wants a big, fast wheel eventually, which I doubt is the case. At least not everywhere. Even though I ride every day and have done so for many years now, I still don't want a heavier or faster wheel. Where I live, riding fast would be both irresponsible and impractical. Furthermore, legislation here means the max speed of the wheel dictates if it is legal or not, not the speed at which it is ridden (and a software limit isn't good enough). So, not only is a heavy/fast wheel impractical, it could also mean the difference between a slap on the wrist from the police and jail time (I don't really know if that could happen, but if an accident with a 80km/h wheel occured I suspect it actually could).

Same here. They think small/weak wheels are useless... That just stupid.

I follow scooter law - that's 25kph speed, which we can ride on sidewalks - where pedestrians walk. PEV's are banned from riding on street around these parts. Ofc i go faster, but that's when people aren't around.. No blind areas, etc..

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

How light, how low a top speed, and how high a premium price?

20kg max. Top speed 55kph (Safe to ride around 50kph) would be good to have. (I personally don't go over 40kph almost ever.. Only on fun rides. Daily commutes around/under 30kph. So...)

Price? Idk.. I don't really look at price. I look at product/wheel first, price afterwards. If i like it and it does everything i want.. Carry handle, trolley, etc.. I'm okey to pay up to 3000$ (Or more, as i don't buy wheel every year. Spending 5000$ for 5 years ride is okay in my book.) Range wise - i need daily 4km. ~30-40km would be perfect for once a week charging.

1 hour ago, MacGyverCanada said:

Happy to pay Patton prices for a premium "V10 with suspension" that's light enough to bunny-hop and is safe at 50 km/h.

Same. Doh it needs to be built just right!!! Not what we have right now. Like Falcon carry/trolley was an afterthought.. Most big wheels trolleys are a joke.

They should start with carry/trolley handle. And design wheel around them. Not the other way around - Wheel first carry/trolley afterwards. - That's just stupid engineering.  

Edited by Funky
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MacGyverCanada said:

"Bunny hop" was just alluding to that i don't want a heavier wheel, but mostly because i need to carry it up and down stairways.

I understand your arguments, but the things you are describing is still possible, I carry my Sherman S (and soon Sherman L) up two flights of stairs whenever I get home (helps that it has two handles and you can use your leg as leverage, I find that easy than one hand carrying a lighter wheel), I can bunny hop my Sherman S, just saying it's possible even if you prefer a lighter wheel.

2 hours ago, MacGyverCanada said:

Larger wheel diameter, better tire, higher voltage, higher top speed (for safety margin), proper spike pedals, and better suspension out of the box.  Oh, and certainly no need for the LED light show and speakers.

EDIT: Goldilocks says the S16 Pro is a bit too small and the Blitz is a bit too big...  

But you said this:

3 hours ago, MacGyverCanada said:

"A V10 with suspension", that's what you were wanting. 

S16 Pro has a top speed of 60 km/h. I feel safe on the S16 Pro going 55 km/h. I don't go higher just to be on the  safe side, because I don't think it has dynamic tiltback. On my V12, I go right up to 70 km/h on a full charge. At 50 km/h or higher, my S16 Pro feels more stable than my V12 with Chao Yang H626 (same tire), and my S22 on stock tire. S22 on Shinko 244 is more stable than my S16 Pro. I haven't tried my S16 Pro on the Shinko SR241 3.00-12 yet.

To me anyway, the S16 Pro has stout acceleration and braking using stock pads. I am quicker on my S16 Pro than all my other wheels. 

My S16 Pro has a Chao Yang H626 3.00-12 tire on it.

However, the S16 Pro still weighs 68.3 lbs.

2 hours ago, Rawnei said:

I understand your arguments, but the things you are describing is still possible, I carry my Sherman S (and soon Sherman L) up two flights of stairs whenever I get home (helps that it has two handles and you can use your leg as leverage, I find that easy than one hand carrying a lighter wheel), I can bunny hop my Sherman S, just saying it's possible even if you prefer a lighter wheel.

Quick question - how long is your commute.. Is it worth carrying that weight said flights of stairs 2-4 times a day?

We aren't talking about what is possible or not. You could carry said Sherman S to ninth floor for i care. (I don't wanna do that even for 1 flight of stairs.)

My commute is under 5km. And i don't need to go faster than 40kph ever.. Same for range - not needed at all.

Now tell me how Sherman S is anything good.. Just wasted, not needed weight. Just a different perspective. (Yes that wheel is amazing and sweet. Same for Lynx - but overkill for my needs. I'll take lighter wheel any-day. Would even pay same price as Lynx/Sherman S.)

Different riders - different needs.. :) 

Edited by Funky

1 hour ago, Funky said:

Quick question - how long is your commute.. Is it worth carrying that weight said flights of stairs 2-4 times a day?

We aren't talking about what is possible or not. You could carry said Sherman S to ninth floor for i care. (I don't wanna do that even for 1 flight of stairs.)

My commute is under 5km. And i don't need to go faster than 40kph ever.. Same for range - not needed at all.

Now tell me how Sherman S is anything good.. Just wasted, not needed weight. Just a different perspective. (Yes that wheel is amazing and sweet. Same for Lynx - but overkill for my needs. I'll take lighter wheel any-day. Would even pay same price as Lynx/Sherman S.)

Different riders - different needs.. :) 

I didn't even reply to you or any arguments you made, you are the most unreasonable user on the forum and I have no wish to discuss what constitutes a good wheel based on your extremely niche requirements.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, MacGyverCanada said:

Eh give 'em a break, Funky just has a particularly specific use case and the manufacturers haven't been producing anything close enough to what he's looking for; there aren't any sub-20kg "premium" commuter wheels on the market right now.   I can understand and relate to that frustration, even though my needs aren't quite as specific.  

The sentiment here on the forums is quite different from conversations on Reddit.  On here the users seem to be mainly performance-minded but on Reddit the average commenter seems to be more like me; casual riders who want to move at bicycle speeds ~30 km/h.  If you also want a wheel larger than 16" and some modern features then there aren't many options out there.

Tell me about it, he reminds us every day in most threads, you can't escape what he wants, he made sure of it.

• Haha 1