A New 16" (?) Begode Wheel To Be Announced in Early 2024

49 minutes ago, Mono said:

One of the riders in the clip and Marty seem to complain that the wheel is "too narrow" (which they suspect make it unstable, as if a wider stand would change the fact that an EUC has a single point of contact on the ground).

mind boggling it is

Funny thing.. I actually think my 18xl is also "too narrow" i like to put my feet more on outer edge of pedals. That way you bend more easily your knees and have free movement not hugging wheel.

But i get what you mean.. Contact point doesn't change. But ride feel does in fact change narrow vs wide. So maybe he prefer a wider stance and that makes him feel more stable. :) If i hug my wheel, feet right next to shell - it feels more unstable. At wider stance it feels more natural. (I'm wide boy naturally, so...)

Edited by Funky

1 hour ago, Funky said:

actually think my 18xl is also "too narrow" i like to put my feet more on outer edge of pedals. That way you bend more easily your knees and have free movement not hugging wheel.

It seems there are two somewhat separate aspects, the stance width (distance between the pedals) and the wheel body width. If the wheel body is in your way and you put your feet towards the pedal edge to not touch it, the wheel body is too wide, not too narrow. It would make sense to say that the wheel (upper) body is too narrow if you cannot tightly squeeze it with your legs comfortably, if that's what you need to ride safely. Then, the lever to twist the wheel improves with a wider stance. That's the two ways I can think of how a wheel or stance could be too narrow. Obviously, you may also prefer a wider spread legged Segway stance.

My personal preference a small pedal distance to be able to ride through tight spaces and accordingly a small body width to not force the feet wide and for easier storage. If it wouldn't reduce riding opportunities, I'd probably prefer a wider stance too, I certainly wouldn't mind. Though I guess one-legged riding does become harder with increasing pedal distance.

Edited by Mono

9 minutes ago, Funky said:

He is minding the size.. But i'm actually hating the weight.

For EUCs, the correlation between size and weight is suspiciously close to one. I feel the distinction between lightweight wheel vs big wheel is slightly more instructive than the one between small wheel vs heavy wheel. I want a lightweight wheel and I don't mind when others have fun with a big wheel.

13 minutes ago, Funky said:

Even electric bikes that have more parts are same weight as my small compact 18xl and they both have about same range and speed.. How??? Something isn't right..

To begin with, electric bikes don't have loud speakers: the EUC shell is an excellent place to hide all kind of unnecessary gadgets to increase the weight. Then, the motor of an EUC is by specification / construction quite a few kg heavier than a standard ebike motor and an ebike doesn't have a trolley handle too.

I would expect EUCs to be lighter than ebikes too, but that doesn't necessarily mean this is a reasonable expectation for an EUC with acceptable safety margins.

1 hour ago, Mono said:

It seems there are two somewhat separate aspects, the stance width (distance between the pedals) and the wheel body width. If the wheel body is in your way and you put your feet towards the pedal edge to not touch it, the wheel body is too wide, not too narrow. It would make sense to say that the wheel (upper) body is too narrow if you cannot tightly squeeze it with your legs comfortably, if that's what you need to ride safely. Then, the lever to twist the wheel improves with a wider stance. That's the two ways I can think of how a wheel or stance could be too narrow. Obviously, you may also prefer a wider spread legged Segway stance.

My personal preference a small pedal distance to be able to ride through tight spaces and accordingly a small body width to not force the feet wide and for easier storage. If it wouldn't reduce riding opportunities, I'd probably prefer a wider stance too, I certainly wouldn't mind. Though I guess one-legged riding does become harder with increasing pedal distance.

No wheel body isn't in the way.. It's simply too narrow for my liking. (No problem riding it..) That's why i put my feet more on edge of pedals - so i can stand wider. Yup simply wider stance, like segway stance.

If wheel body would be to wide, i would again say to wide. :D  Narrow is narrow. Wide is wide. :D 

I personally don't care how big is the wheel, only weight.. The roads/path i ride are wide and empty.

1 hour ago, Mono said:

To begin with, electric bikes don't have loud speakers: the EUC shell is an excellent place to hide all kind of unnecessary gadgets to increase the weight. Then, the motor of an EUC is by specification / construction quite a few kg heavier than a standard ebike motor and an ebike doesn't have a trolley handle too.

Bikes have frames, brakes, gears, handlebars, seat, list goes on.. 

Yup EUC motor is the only part where it's a lot heavier.

1 hour ago, Mono said:

ebike doesn't have a trolley handle too.

So do EUC's nowadays. :D (Some..)

Anyway.. Back to topic. :) So this will be A2 with suspension? Aka MCM6?

Who's ready for A2 with suspension???? - I'm not. :D 

A2 is getting that new board and cells. :whistling: Tickle my Pickle that Pocket Rocket will go from 40km/h to 45-50km/h and have a Bounce-Ounce. :D 

13 minutes ago, Robse said:

haha, looks like there has been a triangle between Mten, A2 and Extreme...:)

Everyone likes a threesome time to time to time. :innocent1:

heavy protective frame and bulky heavy pads-wals are bad decision. weight is one of the important things. you should fire engineer who have made this. absolute rubbish ladies.

remove this extra weight, add one more parallel and you will secure niche of light susp wheels and kill s16 and s18. otherwise it is not good.

also you would better put controller from a2 that is already tested than something unknown. only in this case you will have commercial success from the first batch in time - right before spring season

• Upvote 1

OK.

It doesn't have a hydraulic suspension, at least not in the sense of a fork-style type (as in a Patton).

We need to see more of the suspension, but for what I can make out, it seem to have a coil-over shock on each side, and use the shock act as a slider too?

Edited by techyiam

Power button/lift switch somewhere inside wheel well... Kind of bad. Especially if you're ridding backwards as front (back to front)

Example while riding in sand or in winter on ice/snow you want tire tread to be "catching"  the ground. Meaning all that mud/dirt/snow from ground will be kicked right on the buttons.

Personal experience while ridding 18xl (mudguard at front) over this winter.

Also i hope it doesn't have KS-S22 type buttons......

One options is to mount winter tire the other way around from the start.. Then you can ride normally without changing directions. (front to back)

>> You ride >> that way >>

<< Tire tread go << that way <<

In summer you want both >> to go >> that way >> 

Edited by Funky

3 minutes ago, Funky said:

Power button/lift switch somewhere inside wheel well... Kind of bad. Especially if you're ridding backwards as front (back to front)

I can't speak directly at the Falcon, but the S22 has the power button and charge ports mounted underneath the controller module, inside the wheel-well.

After riding my S22 for more than 2000 km's, more often than not, in the rain, including fallen leaves, I was very surprised how clean the power button area is.

2 minutes ago, techyiam said:

I can't speak directly at the Falcon, but the S22 has the power button and charge ports mounted underneath the controller module, inside the wheel-well.

After riding my S22 for more than 2000 km's, more often than not, in the rain, including fallen leaves, I was very surprised how clean the power button area is.

But did you change the wheel direction? While riding (suspension at front..) Then i bet it would get dirty really fast.

Then again i bet you use power pads. So doing that is out of question for you. :D 

Edited by Funky