Brand New Begode RS19 Dead on Arrival?

Hi folks,

It's been a really long time since I last posted; glad to see the community is still alive and kicking (and been seeing a few familiar names).

I just purchased and received a brand new Begode RS19 from Ewheels today. Upon arrival, the wheel was not turning on and the tire was almost completely deflated so I assumed that it was out of battery.

The charger turned red and fan turned on when plugging it in to the charger, which I thought was good news.

Unfortunately, even after charger turned green, the wheel will still not turn on. If I have it plugged into the charger and I press the power button, it will occasionally beep (but still remains off).

I recorded a short video of it here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nhG6YX1Bl-WSXTVZMX7AClaTmaJS6Vag/view?usp=sharing

Any ideas? I just emailed the Ewheels team, so I'll wait to see what they have to say. This is my first Begode after purchasing an Inmotion and King Song from Ewheels in the past, and so far I'm not impressed with the brand...

6 hours ago, King Llama said:

I just purchased and received a brand new Begode RS19 from Ewheels today

Fortunately for you that you purchased the wheel from the best reseller in the world.  You should have no trouble getting a replacement from them.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Paradox said:

Fortunately for you that you purchased the wheel from the best reseller in the world.  You should have no trouble getting a replacement from them.  

100% on the money.

Ewheels is sending me a brand new wheel before receiving the old one back to get me back on the road as soon as possible.

I can't imagine buying a wheel from another company (especially for a Begode wheel).

• Like 3

2 hours ago, King Llama said:

100% on the money.

Ewheels is sending me a brand new wheel before receiving the old one back to get me back on the road as soon as possible.

I can't imagine buying a wheel from another company (especially for a Begode wheel).

Good luck with your new wheel! :) (your new wheel was probably produced 2 years ago, but it's still brand new) - the wheel which I would think is the best from the time when suspension was not a must.   If I had the choice today, I would buy the  RS19 again at any time.  It has the right weight, it's easy to handle, easy to change tires on, incredibly quick to accelerate, rides unbelievably smooth, and then it's (f**) fast, a little too fast in fact - it goes 40 mph easily, and even 45 mph ( be careful!) The only thing I would be able to complain about and wish for is a little more batt capacity, but what the heck.   A good tip: When you are below 60% battery, you stay below 40 mph :cheers:

2 hours ago, Robse said:

Good luck with your new wheel! :) (your new wheel was probably produced 2 years ago, but it's still brand new) - the wheel which I would think is the best from the time when suspension was not a must.   If I had the choice today, I would buy the  RS19 again at any time.  It has the right weight, it's easy to handle, easy to change tires on, incredibly quick to accelerate, rides unbelievably smooth, and then it's (f**) fast, a little too fast in fact - it goes 40 mph easily, and even 45 mph ( be careful!) The only thing I would be able to complain about and wish for is a little more batt capacity, but what the heck.   A good tip: When you are below 60% battery, you stay below 40 mph :cheers:

Thanks for the tips! They're very helpful.

I was debating for a long time between picking up a heavy, suspension wheel versus going with a simpler 18 inch wheel, and I ultimately decided to go with the RS19.

I'm planning to use it for my daily commute (around 12 miles round trip), so it'll mostly be seeing paved roads with just a few bumps/cracks. I've owned enough wheels for long enough to understand that easy maintenance and dependability is more important than having the latest bells and whistles.

Maybe in a few years I'll consider picking up a larger suspension wheel but for now, I expect the RS19 to be a big upgrade from my Inmotion V10F.

I now have one wheel in three different size classes (14, 16, and 18) ✌️

2 hours ago, King Llama said:

I've owned enough wheels for long enough to understand that easy maintenance and dependability is more important than having the latest bells and whistles.

Heads up. On this forum people get burned at the stake for expressing those words about Begode.B)

I however understand completely your point. Excess power and simple designs make for fewer failure modes. I have the same philosophy.

I'd be curious to check up on the old wheel later by email. Ask them what the problem was. 

15 hours ago, Ronin Ryder said:

Feels like the batteries are not connected to the motherboard... I would verify if they are correctly plugged in. 

Unfortunately, the wheel has already been sent back!

14 hours ago, Hellkitten said:

@King Llama The rs will definitely be an upgrade from the v10. It’s like a little dirt bike. Which version did ya pick? The hs or ht? 

Ewheels only had the HS version in stock, so that's what I purchased. It seems like people on the forums prefer the HT, but I figured I was fine with either given that I almost always ride on paved road.

14 hours ago, alcatraz said:

Heads up. On this forum people get burned at the stake for expressing those words about Begode.B)

I however understand completely your point. Excess power and simple designs make for fewer failure modes. I have the same philosophy.

I'd be curious to check up on the old wheel later by email. Ask them what the problem was. 

Haha, I know what you mean. I was mostly referring to going with an older, proven wheel without suspension. Watching the tire change videos on some of these suspension wheels gives me a headache... I wish the companies would design a bit more with repair-ability and maintenance in mind (rather than just bigger, faster, stronger). Also, I think a lot of folks get sucked into pre-ordering batch 1 of a brand new, fancy wheel. But if you stick around on the forums for a bit, you quickly learn that's not a great idea.

I'm in email exchange with Jason... hopefully he provides an update on what went wrong. My guess would be something with the motherboard or software glitch.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1