Kingsong 16X will not Charge BT connects for music But charger stays green

timmie

Please help any help is appreciated my king song 16x will not charge I plug it in it says Bluetooth is connected but stays green and after being plugged in for 3 hours has not done anything I've taken it apart blown it out dusted it I have no idea what I'm looking at or trying to fix any guidance from anyone would be great as well as where the heck do I get parts I miss my will I just want to ride I'm sure all of you understand this   I'll be greatful for any help

T

Do you have access to a second charger?  Maybe the charger is bad.  Did this start after any incident?  What is the condition of the wheel?  Age? Miles? Crashes?  Water events?  Any more info could be helpful.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, timmie said:

after being plugged in for 3 hours has not done anything

Is this what you guessed? Or is it something an EUC app info shows like battery % charged? How do you know charging is not happening? On KS16X, what does the LED lights on the side of the wheel show? If all LED lights on green, that means wheel is fully charged. As Paradox suggested, test with a 2nd battery charger.

• Like 1

My experience is that when the wheel wakes up and reports BT connected, it is because there is so much voltage coming from the charger that the wheel turns on the electronics after all and thus the BT module. If there is power on the BT module, you will also be able to connect and read the voltage (EUC world / Wheellog) But it could be that the charger's circuit for determining the state of charge is faulty and therefore no more voltage is ever supplied than what is present on the wheel. That way, the wheel can wake up, but it will never recharge.  The green light on the charger just indicates that the charging is complete, and then possibly a very weak charging / balancing of cells will occur a little later.  But that is precisely the problem if the charger thinks that 81 volts = fully charged.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings all these supporters!  Thank you all for the feed back.  So the wheel was purchased in 2021 i bought it from a friend in July  I let that friend ride last month and when he came back it would not charge he said he didn't wreck it but I have no idea what's going on charger stays green now that I have 2chargers neither worked

Check the app the apps  KS and darkness... shows that it is only running off the battery. opened it up and tested output from port (lenovo) full power bypassed port  swap the battery over to the other side to test those outputs the juice that's left on the battery will turn the wheel on it will level but it does not have much power and says charge I turn it off disconnect the battery push the power button all the power is drained. I was able to wiggle the port when I plugged the charger in and it fired up the red LEDs and fan for just a brief second said bt is connec** then turned off again leading me to think it was the port however I bypassed that and check the voltage coming out it is not the issue.   Even with the battery disconnected it should at least power up the main board and turn on the Bluetooth from what I've read it's not doing that. I plugged the battery in it turns on but is just on battery.  I've ordered a new charging port from ks for it but I do not think that is the issue the only other thing I think it might be is the main Drive board.  K16x v1.2  I don't know I just want to ride this is frustrating I feel like I've lost an appendage.

Any help support or directions where I might find components at a reasonable price would be greatly appreciated thank you all for what you've already suggested  -Timmie