New Our own Brand Segway's [Not an official Segway brand product]

Morning or Good evening from the wet UK.

I have left an intro in my Bio section. To keep it short I am from Off Road Segway Sales UK ltd import top of the range Segs and e-ATVs I offer a bespoke service. I appreciate you comments on China and Ali-express I never use them as they tried to scam me a few times. There are many poor quality manufacture's I leant the hard way in the early days and that cost me dearly.  So any questions or need a new machine please just ask me always pleased to help fellow gliders. 

Well I love the forum, and thank you for reading. 

These are not "Segway X2" these are IMO better, as you probably know Segway no longer make them. Yes I am a licenced importer and sole UK for my brand. Are you looking for a Segway? www.offoradsegway.com. Please note we are due to go on Amazon next week so the on-line store will be revamped to reflect the stock on AMZ but the segway X60/plus will remain the Eswing will go as we no longer deal with them   

Below snippets taken from your site. I would suggest you don't surreptitiously refer to the 'similar' machines you sell as 'Segways'. In fact you might want to remove all mention of the word from your website, socials, and anything else where you are using a trademarked name to help sell your no-name machines. I would also be interested to see how you justify that your machines have 'higher specifications' than Segways.

"Please note the term Segway is the manufacturer’s Trademark. Our machines are “non-branded and not the original Segway” However, our machines are cheaper than the Branded machine, with the same experience, performance and higher specifications."

"Proud to be your trusted segway supplier"

"So, Off Road Segway Sales UK Ltd was born"

• Upvote 1

Not sure what you agenda is here? But my content is fine, if you research the subject matter "Segway" sold the TM to China. I certainly do not need your advice or recommendations. As to justifying my comments on the specification you are welcome to do your own research on these machines unless you are interested in buying one, I assume you are not. We are successfully selling to Tour operator's in the UK as we speak that are off loading the "X2". Not that I feel that I need explain my business to you.     

2 hours ago, Off Road Segway UK Ltd said:

Yes I am a licenced importer and sole UK for my brand.

For your 'brand'. Not for Segway then?

1 hour ago, Off Road Segway UK Ltd said:

Not sure what you agenda is here?

No agenda. But I'm not keen on someones first post on a forum pushing their wares on the back of a name which they admit they don't sell. And at the same time happily suggest that Ali/China are scammers. You've got some front I'll give you that. 

I certainly do not need your advice or recommendations.

Sounds very much like you have an issue with someone challenging your claims. You might want to modify that viewpoint. But do what you like.

you are welcome to do your own research on these machines

You're the one selling mate. And you're the one making the claims that they are better than genuine Segways. I will presume you can't/won't explain why given your manky response.

And you might want to put your commercial sales blurb into the commercial section.

And I have no idea why you followed me either.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to @Planemo for his vigilance! Indeed, this topic should not be published, the reseller is breaking several rules and dishonestly uses the brand or the name "segway". On the old French forum, a dishonest clone reseller used all the technical data and photos of the original Segway Ninebot without permission.
I ask that this topic be deleted, so that members or visitors are not fooled.

@meepmeepmayer Please delete this topic ! Thanks @Planemo !

• Like 1

• meepmeepmayer changed the title to [Not an official Segway brand product] New Our own Brand Segway's

I changed the title to clarify that the term "Segway" is used here as a general moniker for this type of rideable. It's not an official Segway brand product.

We mods don't see any issue here (for the quality of the forum or for potential buyers) as long as that is clear (and it was). If Segway do not want their brand used this way, that's another question, but that is their decision.

Edited by meepmeepmayer
  • Upvote 1

• meepmeepmayer changed the title to New Our own Brand Segway's [Not an official Segway brand product]