V11 problems after a tire tube change

Smitty707

Hello to everyone and thank you in advance for your time! So here are my problems: popped a tire tube on my v11 by bending the valve stem to much, got the replacement tube and followed  Marty's instructional video to a T,( thank you Marty, your teaching style reminds me of my grandfather's method of doing things, he was lead mechanic at United Airlines for 50 years and could fix ANYTHING, as well as having exactly the right tool for every project.) So upon getting everything back together, no left over screws or bolts, I power the wheel on and it seems all good. Lean it against a wall in my workspace and thats when I notice that it's front to back angle is way off. Go on the app on my phone to try and adjust it manually and realize how off it is: when I have it at full backwards tilt it still has a forward lean to it, putting it at what should be dead flat and it's so angled forward its un-rideable. I then go to turn it off via the power button on the wheel and that's a no go, it's not responding. I resort to the app again and oddly enough by turning the headlight on it turns the motor fan on and I believe activates the wheel,turn the light off (which stays on regardless now, just using the app button for that action)and the fan turns off, but the wheel is still engaged and balancing. So my wheel won't turn off, nor the light, I can turn the fan on/off via the headlight button, but powering down completely is not an option, nor is getting the wheel to balance flat front to back. I have yet to attempt riding it obviously, as I have no idea what I crossed nor where. Only issue I had during the tube change was getting the hall sensor clip to release,which I finally accomplished after much patience and gentle heating with a heat gun on low, and then getting the same hall sensor clip to reseat itself due to the way the wires are pushed right up on it very snuggly. I'm was positive I did all that without  damaging anything, but now im not so sure. I know I seated it properly, it finally slid it place with a nice click. Anyone have any ideas how I should proceed from here? I opened it all up again today to take a look at it again and everything looks fine. I'm at a total loss of what to do next.  

Joel from Petaluma

• Like 1

I’m sorry too hear about your issue. (Btw, splitting a long text to paragraphs would make it easier to read.)

Do you see any warnings if you do the diagnosis on the app? (General Settings -> Diagnosis)

How does the wheel behave if you roll it back and forth with your hands, when powered on, despite the tilt?

Does the lift-kill button in the handle still work?

The fan you heard is for the headlight. Though there are options to turn the fan off (and lower the headlight power) when stationary.

A soft reset can sometimes help with firmware issues: When the wheel is powered on, hold the power button for about 30 seconds. Wait for at least 10 seconds and power the wheel on normally.

Ps. Marty’s video was made very early on, without much experience on the V11. So the video is very long and has a few unnecessary steps. Mine is more straightforward: 

• Upvote 1

So I ended up opening the wheel again just to make sure all the wiring was correct and it was, reassembled it and did the soft reset, and I believe it worked. Will be ride testing it in about an hour. Very glad to know about the ability to do a soft reset, as that fixes most electronics that have gone haywire. 

Thank you again for your time, if youre ever up Petaluma way lets go for a ride. Ive got some awesome routes plotted out and would love to show you around my lil hometown. Keep the rubber side down! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Final report: back on the road and better than before.

Took the time to tighten up all bolts, dry lube the sliders, replace a couple washers in the pedals that had become worn,i.e. the wheel got a tune up. Ride quality now: IMMACULATE. No squeeks, no creaks, evrything is tight and uber responsive. And I learned a ton from this experience.

I love this community & I love my EUC...errr...monowheel. Thanks again yall. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1