2023 V8S

MDMason

What a god awful site.

The specs for the v8s-2023 is listed with 728 watt motor (??) and 73v battery (??). And the shell is the older V8f model (red trim and white inmotion logo). V8s is gold trim and all orange lettering. With all these discrepancies and errors, its hard to know for sure.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Mango said:

What a god awful site.

The specs for the v8s-2023 is listed with 728 watt motor (??) and 73v battery (??). And the shell is the older V8f model (red trim and white inmotion logo). V8s is gold trim and all orange lettering. With all these discrepancies and errors, its hard to know for sure.

what a f... annoying site, chatbot keeps pooping up, disturbing view 😂🫣

On 8/11/2023 at 6:26 PM, Mango said:

What a god awful site.

The specs for the v8s-2023 is listed with 728 watt motor (??) and 73v battery (??). 

I can't find this specs list, I see 1000W motor and 728Wh battery written. AFAIK, 73V is a reasonable/standard nominal voltage value to specify this battery, 73V equates to 3.65V per cell. Nominal battery voltage does not equal charger voltage.

20 hours ago, MDMason said:

Does anyone think this is a scam? They are also for sale on Amazon

I think ...inmotionworld.com is legit.

• Like 1

So buying off inmotionworld, or Amazon is fine, the only thing is if you have an issue, & need a replacement or return Amazon is much less hassle, & back, & forth. You have a problem, Amazon will resolve it right away. 

I have a V8S, & a V8 before that, awesome wheel, the V8 charged to 85V. The weakpoint is the battery pack mainly the BMS, it doesnt really have one, some people say it does, it basically is a top charging circuit, it does not balance the individual cells, which is very important. The pack has constant fluctuations, i checked with a voltmeter which in my understanding there is a problem with the BMS circuit. It also doesn't stop charging, to the point it overcharges which makes no sense since the voltage output on the charger is 84.2v but the one time I get a high voltage warning when charging it was 87.2v. I contacted inmotion tech support, & they gave me the runaround with simple stuff I know how to do, then they never got back with me. The best solution is to replace the battery pack. 

Everyone's experience may vary, but from my personal experience I would not recommend the V8S to anyone. 

Edited by Supakatt
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I ended up purchasing one from Amazon. It only charged to 87% indicating 81 volts. I liked the Matte black, almost rubbery finish and it didn’t appear to have the side mood lighting but I wasn’t going to take a chance on the batteries. I attempted to contact Inmotion with two separate inquiries but didn’t received a response.  I immediately returned it to Amazon.

On 8/17/2023 at 7:18 AM, Supakatt said:

the voltage output on the charger is 84.2v but the one time I get a high voltage warning when charging it was 87.2v

I was in the belief that it's physically impossible to charge the battery to a higher voltage than the charger outputs (unless the charger voltage would be transformed to a higher value in the first place). The reason is simple: Current is caused by a voltage difference. Only if the charger voltage is higher than the battery voltage, current can flow "into" the battery. If battery and charger voltage are the same, no current will ever flow to charge the battery to a higher voltage value.

On 8/18/2023 at 7:00 AM, Mono said:

I was in the belief that it's physically impossible to charge the battery to a higher voltage than the charger outputs (unless the charger voltage would be transformed to a higher value in the first place). The reason is simple: Current is caused by a voltage difference. Only if the charger voltage is higher than the battery voltage, current can flow "into" the battery. If battery and charger voltage are the same, no current will ever flow to charge the battery to a higher voltage value.

I have deduced that it is likely the bms circuit that is faulty, a few times it charges to 92.7-93.1V fluctuating @100% then it’s 94.4-95.2V @ 100%. I don’t believe the over voltage is a concern since there is an alarm, but the shortcuts with making a bms reliable consistent & of quality are inexcusable if inmotion want to be considered a top global manufacturer of EUC’s. Their customer service is failing them mostly.