Wheel rolling backwards by itself issue help

Caseman

I just bought a EXN HS 1 week ago 

When not on it, it powers back a slight bit and if you let it go it speeds up a bit, not sure if normal, rides fine, tried calibrating a couple time once at 3degrees forward angle not making difference. 

If you let it go on flat ground starts going ~13km/h backwards,when stopped the motor is always powering it back because you can hear it. 

Can make video and upload if needed 

Thanks 

Did you buy it used? Sounds like it needs calibration so that the pedals are level but you seem to have done that already. So there was no difference if you had the pedals level? This symptom would occur if the wheel is not level. One side would be heavier and the effect is the same as someone leaning on the wheel. If it's not a calibration issue, then the wheel must have back side heavier than front or there's something wrong with the control board. Is there any angle that makes it stay in place? 

I had the same issue with my RS19, but was able to finally recalibrate it and all was well again. For some reason, my RS19 didn't like to calibration, but I kept at it and it took. Now I don't mess with it.

Yes I bought it used with 725kms, I have tried different angles but might try more forward angle see if it stays but that wouldn't be ideal as pedals would be forward, 

Alcatraz, its always riding fine just that issue with powering back also believe have to torque it a little bit more going forward to counteract. But runs fine, shouldn't be missing front pack 

Magman116, I guess will try calibration a bit more but it seems to calibrate fine stays at angle which I set it to.

I will make video tomorrow to show 

Thanks for replys 

• Like 1

The internal weight of the EXn is not balanced so if the pedals are calibrated to a flat or slightly upright position the wheel will creep. I am not sure that there is a solution for this other than adding weight to the front end of the wheel. I usually have my foot or place the shopping basket at the rear of the wheel so it does not creep.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Caseman said:

Just saw on the exn Facebook group another guy was posting same thing and apparently its normal for exn 

On 7/19/2023 at 5:36 PM, gon2fast said:

The internal weight of the EXn is not balanced so if the pedals are calibrated to a flat or slightly upright position the wheel will creep. I am not sure that there is a solution for this other than adding weight to the front end of the wheel. I usually have my foot or place the shopping basket at the rear of the wheel so it does not creep.

Yep, that's it. The EXN has three battery packs. Two on the left side, and one on the right back side (the right front space is where the board sits). So it will naturally lean backwards and therefore creep a little backwards. No cause for concern, and not really an issue imho.

See here for the internals, for example (timecoded 1:48):