Please make me v5g with two 160wh removable batteries!

dongsoo

Ok. I posted "Ultimate EUC" topic on the general forum, but the discussion is not really going to the direction where I am going. Haha.

But now I really came to the conclusion that what I need is a v5f's next version maybe named v5g that has two removable 160wh batteries that I can carry on to airplanes.

I admit I bought v5f because it was the cheapest just to hop around. but oh boy.. this is extra ordinary!  I found I can really replace my car with this!

The only problem I found is that I really want to take this to foreign countries but there is really no solution other than a new product!

Airline only allows u to take TWO 160wh batteries in a carryon bag.

This total of 320wh battery capacity exactly matches the battery capacity of v5f, but v5f battery is one chunk of 320wh battery which can NOT be accepted by airline.

In addition, taking out and installing battery to v5f is a lot of work.

BTW I know v8 has a very easy to replace batteries.  Maybe v8t? with two 160wh batteries would work, but I know less battery power doesnt work well with bigger motor so..

Also I wanna mention I really like the size of v5f.  14 inch tires is ideal for the most of todays road, and the small size doesnt make others feel u r taking extra space in a bus.

Actually u name anything. I ride this everyday to go to gym and markets and I have yet to find anything other than two removable battery feature to add on v5f.

Its rainproof, u can take onto bus, it can go offroad, u fits into gym locker, u can take into any store and nobody is bothered.  

U really name any EUC. I can tell u why v5f is better euc for practical purposes.

Ok for example Mcm5?  Its bigger, so maybe it alone it would fit in a gym locker but with backpack it would be hard.

U have to experience how convenient it is to take an EUC everywhere. Bigger EUCs looking like some serious machine can never make into a supermarket.

EUC with smaller wheels r not really my choice, because those has smaller height clearing, and u have to stop really often (some sidewalks has lots of uneven places).

Actually if v5g comes with a jump pads that would be nice.

Common people, u have to think of this in practical way. Of course u want to zip around main road like a super hero, but its not safe, its heavy, u have to lock it outside, can be stolen, etc.

Edited by dongsoo
  • Upvote 1

Perfect wheels - don't exit. :cry2:

I'm still waiting for some manufacturer to make something actually good. Which i will like and want to buy instantly. 

Aka my perfect wheel: Waterproof - you can ride in very heavy rain. Has 18x3" tire with enough space for knobby. Real smart BMS. Robust build. Has honeycomb pedals with removable spikes. 3000W motor that goes about 60km/h fast. Has 1200-1500Wh battery. 100V+ system. Quick rechargeable batteries. Is around 30kg or lighter..

Perfect commuter wheel in my eyes. Still light enough that you can carry it one handed and not a bothersome carrying around.

EUC for planes.. How many people fly somewhere? They wont make something just for "flying". Manufacturers always make something that most people want. Not some few number want - the sad truth. So they can make more sales and more profits. 

By looking at market and all the new wheels.. Anything that has a smaller battery pack than 2000Wh is a PAST... :roflmao: All people are crying, that they want more range.. More power.. I miss the normal sized wheels. :cry2: My 18xl once was a heavy, top notch wheel. Now going by new wheels weights... It even count's lightweight. :D 

In most eyes (At least going by forum and their wheel choices..) V5 is a toy. And that's true even in my eyes.. And i hate every new big wheel released, that alone says enough..

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Airlines have rules that might prohibit custom packs. 

Another problem is that packs rarely come with a housing these days, and if they do, the capacity isn't stamped on it which they will want to see.

If the pack is a regular heatshrinked pack, then I doubt that they'll accept it because of its "hobby like appearance".

On 6/30/2023 at 3:47 PM, Funky said:

Perfect wheels - don't exit. :cry2:

I'm still waiting for some manufacturer to make something actually good. Which i will like and want to buy instantly. 

Aka my perfect wheel: Waterproof - you can ride in very heavy rain. Has 18x3" tire with enough space for knobby. Real smart BMS. Robust build. Has honeycomb pedals with removable spikes. 3000W motor that goes about 60km/h fast. Has 1200-1500Wh battery. 100V+ system. Quick rechargeable batteries. Is around 30kg or lighter..

Perfect commuter wheel in my eyes. Still light enough that you can carry it one handed and not a bothersome carrying around.

EUC for planes.. How many people fly somewhere? They wont make something just for "flying". Manufacturers always make something that most people want. Not some few number want - the sad truth. So they can make more sales and more profits. 

By looking at market and all the new wheels.. Anything that has a smaller battery pack than 2000Wh is a PAST... :roflmao: All people are crying, that they want more range.. More power.. I miss the normal sized wheels. :cry2: My 18xl once was a heavy, top notch wheel. Now going by new wheels weights... It even count's lightweight. :D 

In most eyes (At least going by forum and their wheel choices..) V5 is a toy. And that's true even in my eyes.. And i hate every new big wheel released, that alone says enough..

I know what u want. Like I said before, u want a lighter EUC that can go along the cars, but  in my experience, 60km max speed wont make difference where u can go.

The thing is, of course u can not go freeway with EUC, and some cities in US are only connected by highways where cars r traveling at 90km/h.   These roads can be traveled by only cars (or motorcycle). There are no sidewalks on these roads, and the roads r so narrow that its too dangerous to travel with any vehicle that can go less than 90km/h.

Everywhere u can go with ur dream EUC, I can go with v5f, but u would have hard time getting on a crowded bus with that.

Simply, I can go where u can not go.

Edited by dongsoo

On 6/30/2023 at 10:42 PM, Hellkitten said:

https://www.hoytskate.com/collections/boards/products/hoyt-st-el2fb-electric-is longboard

This is airplane ready and beautiful engineering. Learn to skate. 🤙

I used to have a electric skateboard.

Simply, electric skateboard or one wheel that u ride like surfboard sucks.

First of all, the wheels r too small to clear uneven terrain. Its just not even comparable to v5f in offroads.

8 hours ago, alcatraz said:

The good news is that high current cells fit a build like this since they offer greater performance (at a slight weight penalty) but it makes a wheel with 160-320Wh possible and safe to ride.

Yah, better more expensive cells probably can make v5g go faster. Faster wheels r always better, but it just doesnt make much difference where u can go.

8 hours ago, alcatraz said:

Airlines have rules that might prohibit custom packs. 

Another problem is that packs rarely come with a housing these days, and if they do, the capacity isn't stamped on it which they will want to see.

If the pack is a regular heatshrinked pack, then I doubt that they'll accept it because of its "hobby like appearance".

I remember v5f battery has a label.

But It will never be accepted by any airlines, because its 320wh chunk.

I really thought about various ways I can ride EUC in a foreign country.

1. shipping a battery to a hotel where I will stay, but shipping price of battery is pretty high. I need to ship again when I get travel back to US.

2. Order an extra battery from China to be shipped to the hotel. This might work, but I just have to leave the battery in the country.

3. Buying a new v5f and store in a storage space in the destination country.  Couldnt find storage cheap enough.

4. Making a custom battery by separating v5f's 320wh into two.

Its delicate work, and to take out the battery pack from v5f, u need to dissemble basically everything.

There is really no good solution other than a new product OR

Custom two 160wh battery pack for V8 which I am not sure it will run well with a smaller battery capacity.

Whether an airline will accept custom battery pack depends on the person who is in charge.

In my opinion, any person who has some electrical knowledge will probably accept it only if its sealed very well with robust connectors well covered.  

U probably make a typed label with cell specification, # of cells, wh etc..

I mean this wh thing is not really rocket science so...

Edited by dongsoo

And if people find out they can travel to foreign country without much travel cost in the foreign country, it can probably make a new boom of foreign country travel.  It will create new boom of airline travel too.  This kind of product is like a revolution itself. It will really change how people live and travel.  In future, staying in one country would just not make sense.

1 hour ago, dongsoo said:

I know what u want. Like I said before, u want a lighter EUC that can go along the cars, but  in my experience, 60km max speed wont make difference where u can go.

The thing is, of course u can not go freeway with EUC, and some cities in US are only connected by highways where cars r traveling at 90km/h.   These roads can be traveled by only cars (or motorcycle). There are no sidewalks on these roads, and the roads r so narrow that its too dangerous to travel with any vehicle that can go less than 90km/h.

Everywhere u can go with ur dream EUC, I can go with v5f, but u would have hard time getting on a crowded bus with that.

I go everywhere i went with my bicycle. EUC is smaller than bicycle - win, win. (It's literally one wheel, minus frame and second wheel.) I don't ride with cars.. 5km around city. Or 40km "fun" rides. My 18xl is 26kg and i take it on train almost every day. 26kg is perfect weight to power ration. It's still fast enough and same time not so heavy as those 35-45kg wheels. (I need to carry it ALOT... 3rd floor 2-4-6x times a day. Work 2nd floor. Train. Workshop..) So yeah weight is important to me. But same time i don't want a wheel that can go only 30km/h speed..

And yes my "dream" wheel is meant for ~10km work commute. Sure that battery is wasted on my. But at least i still can go fast enough. :P  

I personally would like V8 with 18" tire and it to go 60km/h speed.. But i know that battery and motor simply can't go that fast. Only option is to get something "heavier".

You want more speed - more weight. As for range - i don't care about range. :D Simply because any wheel that will go over 60km/h speed. will have plenty of range already. I wish companies could make lightweight wheels, with top notch performance. Imagine your V5 could go 60km/h speed. :wub:

Edited by Funky

2 hours ago, dongsoo said:

I used to have a electric skateboard.

Simply, electric skateboard or one wheel that u ride like surfboard sucks.

First of all, the wheels r too small to clear uneven terrain. Its just not even comparable to v5f in offroads.

Very aware of the trials and tribulations of esk8s. Just throwing it out there as an alternative that’s already a working product that has airplane travel ready battery packs. As it seems likely that an air friendly wheel is either years away or unlikely to happen. 

Everywhere you can go with the V5F, I can walk to. I can even climb trees, you cannot.

You really sound like you have never tried a bigger EUC, and have no understanding what they are for and what they bring to the game.

To talk about the V5F and off-road in the same sentence is funny! :lol:

And if people find out they can travel to foreign country without much travel cost in the foreign country, it can probably make a new boom of foreign country travel.  It will create new boom of airline travel too.  This kind of product is like a revolution itself. It will really change how people live and travel.  In future, staying in one country would just not make sense.

I’m glad that you like your V5F, nothing wrong with that. It serves many of your purposes well and gives you joy, which is great!

But if you think that people in the current environmental pressure would even prefer to travel more is an obscure sentiment in itself. And to think that any EUC ever would have anything at all to do with air travel usage is just ludicrous.

The hurdles of EUCs getting mainstream have been discussed far and beyond before, with great insights and observations from many riders around the world. You might want to read into them to get a better sense of the reality. To think that people would use air travel more after finding out about EUCs is just surreal through and through.

• Upvote 2

In china there are these powerbanks with car start assist (high power output). Some look like regular powerbanks. This is your solution for now. Get two larger ones, just below 160Wh (stamped), with round cells. Open them up (carefully) and swap out the cells for high current. Put them back together looking original.

Then you can connect them inside or outside a wheel with a simple little wire harness.

You just have to sort out charging as the original wheel charger probably can't be used.

On 7/2/2023 at 3:22 PM, mrelwood said:

Everywhere you can go with the V5F, I can walk to. I can even climb trees, you cannot.

You really sound like you have never tried a bigger EUC, and have no understanding what they are for and what they bring to the game.

To talk about the V5F and off-road in the same sentence is funny! :lol:

I’m glad that you like your V5F, nothing wrong with that. It serves many of your purposes well and gives you joy, which is great!

But if you think that people in the current environmental pressure would even prefer to travel more is an obscure sentiment in itself. And to think that any EUC ever would have anything at all to do with air travel usage is just ludicrous.

The hurdles of EUCs getting mainstream have been discussed far and beyond before, with great insights and observations from many riders around the world. You might want to read into them to get a better sense of the reality. To think that people would use air travel more after finding out about EUCs is just surreal through and through.

Ability to get on a bus with EUC is a big advantage. U seem just ignoring it. 

Talking about walking. U will have some trouble using sidewalk if u use one of big EUCs.  And trees. Yes. Its not impossible with 30lbs v5f.

I just want my already great EUC have capability to go air travel.

And I dont know where u live but in US, air travel is something many people do.  

Ok. Why do u think British Brompton bicycle became famous all over the world?

Its all about air travel!

People wanna take their vehicle all over the world! And they r willing to pay for it!

Edited by dongsoo

On 7/2/2023 at 3:30 PM, Funky said:

Also in first place.. How many people travel with airplane? And second - how many of them even use/own EUC. :D 

Ok. I am starting to wonder how old u guys r.  U guys r in high school?  

Many many people travel on airplane.  In US, u just can not travel to many states with car in a reasonable time.

Airtravel will only increase over time globally. Now even China can make mass passenger air crafts.

Ok. Probably current EUC riders r mostly young people, but in later years u guys surely would want to air travel to go to places u never been b4. 

Edited by dongsoo

On 7/2/2023 at 5:27 PM, alcatraz said:

In china there are these powerbanks with car start assist (high power output). Some look like regular powerbanks. This is your solution for now. Get two larger ones, just below 160Wh (stamped), with round cells. Open them up (carefully) and swap out the cells for high current. Put them back together looking original.

Then you can connect them inside or outside a wheel with a simple little wire harness.

You just have to sort out charging as the original wheel charger probably can't be used.

Ok. If u open up v5f, its battery pack doesnt just have a red wire and a black wire comming out. It has extra wires(6?) with a connector that goes to the main circuit board.  Its not that simple.

On 7/2/2023 at 2:28 PM, Funky said:

I go everywhere i went with my bicycle. EUC is smaller than bicycle - win, win. (It's literally one wheel, minus frame and second wheel.) I don't ride with cars.. 5km around city. Or 40km "fun" rides. My 18xl is 26kg and i take it on train almost every day. 26kg is perfect weight to power ration. It's still fast enough and same time not so heavy as those 35-45kg wheels. (I need to carry it ALOT... 3rd floor 2-4-6x times a day. Work 2nd floor. Train. Workshop..) So yeah weight is important to me. But same time i don't want a wheel that can go only 30km/h speed..

And yes my "dream" wheel is meant for ~10km work commute. Sure that battery is wasted on my. But at least i still can go fast enough. :P  

I personally would like V8 with 18" tire and it to go 60km/h speed.. But i know that battery and motor simply can't go that fast. Only option is to get something "heavier".

You want more speed - more weight. As for range - i don't care about range. :D Simply because any wheel that will go over 60km/h speed. will have plenty of range already. I wish companies could make lightweight wheels, with top notch performance. Imagine your V5 could go 60km/h speed. :wub:

18xl would not make it into a bus in South Korea.  Even v5f is over the limit of bus carry on size and weight.  U can carry a small wheels like mten4 concealed in a large backpack.   V5f can probably make it too if I find a backpack large enough for it.  Anyway small size is important for a take-it-everywhere EUC. 

V5f's narrow form factor really make it compact even though it has a much larger diameter wheel than mten4.

I have an 14inch wheel ebike kit that can go over 50mph, so Inmotion, if they want to, probably can make 14 inch EUC that can go 50mph.

Actually for me I dont mind having a v5f that can go 50mph.

I would still usually go at speed below 15mph unless I absolutely need to with perfect road condition ahead.

But in any case I would still prefer an airplane takable EUC over an EUC that can go 50mph.

Edited by dongsoo

Ability to get on a bus with EUC is a big advantage. U seem just ignoring it.

Sure, it is for some people. For others (like me) it isn’t. To me it would make no difference to take a V5F or a V11 to a bus, subway, tram or train.

To me the whole point of riding an EUC is to enjoy each mile the best I can. The V5F is simply not a suitable wheel for that purpose. The whole point of the larger wheels is that you use them instead of the bus. The V5F is not suitable for that.

U will have some trouble using sidewalk if u use one of big EUCs.

Zero trouble on the V11. And legal status is the same as well. Except the V11 is immensely more comfortable for doing so.

And I dont know where u live but in US, air travel is something many people do.

Sure, but even manyer people don’t.

59 minutes ago, dongsoo said:

Many many people travel on airplane.  In US, u just can not travel to many states with car in a reasonable time.

Airtravel will only increase over time globally.

The need to travel has decreased globally by a huge amount in the last decade or two. Meetings can be held virtually, and there’s no difference whether you tap away on your computer here or there. Also people getting worried about their carbon footprint (whether relevant or not) has killed many people’s travel plans. Where I live, air travel has been a dying industry for the mentioned past two decades.

59 minutes ago, dongsoo said:

in later years u guys surely would want to air travel to go to places u never been b4.

I’m 45 and the small dreams for global travel I had when I was young have completely died. I have zero interest in traveling by flying.

Look, the V5F is a great wheel for what it is. And you have your needs for a travel friendly vehicle. Just don’t think that everybody else does as well, or that the V5F would be comparable to real EUCs.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, dongsoo said:

Ok. If u open up v5f, its battery pack doesnt just have a red wire and a black wire comming out. It has extra wires(6?) with a connector that goes to the main circuit board.  Its not that simple.

Mm, you're going to need to jerryrig the V5 to not depend on the bms.

7 hours ago, dongsoo said:

18xl would not make it into a bus in South Korea.  Even v5f is over the limit of bus carry on size and weight.  U can carry a small wheels like mten4 concealed in a large backpack.   V5f can probably make it too if I find a backpack large enough for it.  Anyway small size is important for a take-it-everywhere EUC. 

V5f's narrow form factor really make it compact even though it has a much larger diameter wheel than mten4.

I have an 14inch wheel ebike kit that can go over 50mph, so Inmotion, if they want to, probably can make 14 inch EUC that can go 50mph.

Actually for me I dont mind having a v5f that can go 50mph.

I would still usually go at speed below 15mph unless I absolutely need to with perfect road condition ahead.

But in any case I would still prefer an airplane takable EUC over an EUC that can go 50mph.

Well in "my" buses we can even take on bikes.. You just need to pay "baggage" ticket. Buses even have wall mounted place for bikes. (Or if some don't, you can use the place that is meant for wheelchairs). Same on trains.

Luckily EUC is so small.. That no-one have ever asked a ticket. You literally can sit down or stand and place euc between your legs. - No wasted place on bus. :D No need for a ticket.

In my case i can literally take everywhere i want my 18xl. Same time i can cruise everywhere around 22-25mph. And have a even bigger 18" wheel - more comfortable riding experience. 

Oh and if you really need to know my age, I'm in ~30ish's. Age has nothing to do whit this.. You love your v5 and you wish you could take it everywhere you go. In your case, you're the one who can't take it "everywhere". :D As most people don't travel with airplanes. But simply use EUC to ride to job or around city. We have zero problems doing it with 30lbs wheel, or 110lbs.

If i didn't need to carry my wheel often. I would have bought even bigger wheel.. And i still could get on bus/train with even bigger wheel.

Edited by Funky
  • Upvote 1

@dongsoo

The wheel you are looking for already exists. The Ninebot  S2  with two removable batteries 155W and goes well in a backpack. 

Fun trick wheel like the V5F (I have both).

You do not really want to do more than 5kms on those. Not exactly relaxing for the road.

prisoner-switch.gif

0000-P-20200207-095542-2.jpg

Edited by pico
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, pico said:

@dongsoo

The wheel you are looking for already exists. The Ninebot 2 S2  with two removable batteries 155W and goes well in a backpack. 

Fun trick wheel like the V5F (I have both).

You do not really want to do more than 5kms on those. Not exactly relaxing for the road.

prisoner-switch.gif

0000-P-20200207-095542-2.jpg

Omg.  Thank u. Thank u. It already exists!!.  Ninebot 1 s2 right? 

Yah.. its true its not relaxing. I manytimes go 5 miles (8km) and my leg becomes uncomfortable.

But this is exactly what I need!!.

I am gonna read more about it and maybe go for purchase after checking out what Inmotion's new wheels rumored to come out soon.

I think manufacturers should really follow this S1's path. S1 probably the only wheel u can take it abroad practically right now.

Again thank u Pico!  I am glad I posted this here. Otherwise I would have never known S1 has two removable batteries!!  Thank u again!!

Edited by dongsoo
  • Upvote 1

And let me add.. yeah u can probably take bigger wheel into Metro bus only if the bus is not crowded. Maybe inter-city buses would allow bigger EUC to be loaded into the cargo area for a fee.

But! As I mentioned this before, u can take ur small wheel ALONG WITH U into market, gym, barber shop, hospital, basically everywhere without anyone stopping u, but bigger wheels would have problem.

With bigger wheels that u have to somehow secure outside with a serious heavy lock! and any serious heavy lock would never completely deter theft. Also finding a place to lock it up is addtional time and effort. 

This is just like the problem of those expensive ultralight bicycles, ebikes etc..

Sure they r good when u r riding it, but u can never use it practically because u gonna worry about theft all the time.

I dare u, u can never solve this problem except by using small euc wheel like v5f.

Big wheels, just like ultralight bicycles and ebikes, is just not the way to go.

What the world need is a small compact wheels that can go 50mph if we want to. ( with two removable 160wh batteries. ).

Much better if it comes with suspensions, but its gotta be small!

People just r not realizing how awesome this small compact personal transportation is.

Edited by dongsoo