Please make me v5g with two 160wh removable batteries!

dongsoo

54 minutes ago, dongsoo said:

And let me add.. yeah u can probably take bigger wheel into Metro bus only if the bus is not crowded. Maybe inter-city buses would allow bigger EUC to be loaded into the cargo area for a fee.

But! As I mentioned this before, u can take ur small wheel ALONG WITH U into market, gym, barber shop, hospital, basically everywhere without anyone stopping u.

This is a serious advantage over any bigger wheels that u have to somehow secure outside with a serious heavy lock! 

This problem is just like what bicycle traditionally was a problem for transportation.  Any serious heavy lock would never completely deter theft. And finding a place to lock it up is addtional time and effort. 

Yah.. these expensice ultralight bicycles, ebikes etc..  they r good, butu can never use it practically because u gonna worry about theft all the time.

I dare u, u can never solve this problem except by using small euc whee like v5f.

Big wheels is just not the way to go.

We need small compact wheels that can go 50mph if we want to. ( with two removable 160wh batteries. )

People just r not realizing how awesome this small compact personal transportation is.

Cargo space.. (Made me laugh there.) You mean under seat? :D (You need to also look where people live. And what's "norm" there. In my case reading how you mention all these "limitations" makes me kind of laugh, because i'm here rolling around my "big ass euc" without any problems.) Have you actually compared 14" and 18" wheels side by side? They aren't that much bigger, at least in my eyes they aren't. (Ofc if you don't look at the "new" wheels - they are way to big and bulky.)

Nowadays even my ks18xl is "small" by modern EUC standards. (I would like to think it's still middle class wheel.) And comparing it to 16" model that my dad owns. It isn't so much bigger.. It also has very slim design, compared to any new wheel that has 2000wh+ battery. No-one beats an eye when i go in shops.. They could care less. Now if i was all suited in motorcycle gear and have helmet on. Then we may have a different story.. :D 

The 320wh battery alone have no enough power to reliably reach any "good" speed. (That alone makes your 50km/h dream dead. Maybe when we have new battery technology..) Let alone have any range what so ever. It's perfect for running to corner shop, that is ~2km away. Or maybe if you work in a hanger type of workplace, where you need to run around a lot. Doh even then you would need to charge it after 20 mins. :D 

V5 is perfect for low speed, small city runs. I even wanted to buy ks16s - the 16", 22mph top speed wheel. I'm so tankful i upped my performance and got ks18xl which can go 32mph speeds. I knew i would be hitting the 22mph speed limit often on ks16s. And that would be very dangerous, as i would be riding it's peed limit very often. With ks18xl i can ride the 22-24mph without any dangers. Range wise the ks16s would have been plenty for mine needs also. I can't imagine how slow and weak the V5 is. I could overpower that thing, if i leaned even little bit forwards. I would be even scared to ride it, because any pothole or anything in road could make me overlean it. Yikes....:crying:

As someone who HATES all the new big heavy wheel.. I see from where you are coming. Small euc's are the way to go! BUT... Being too small are also a problem! 320Wh ~500W motor is more or less a "toy". Small euc need's to have at least ~800Wh and ~1200W motor, otherwise it's simply has no power what so ever.

Edited by Funky
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Funky said:

Cargo space.. (Made me laugh there.) You mean under seat? :D (You need to also look where people live. And what's "norm" there. In my case reading how you mention all these "limitations" makes me kind of laugh, because i'm here rolling around my "big ass euc" without any problems.) Have you actually compared 14" and 18" wheels side by side? They aren't that much bigger, at least in my eyes they aren't. (Ofc if you don't look at the "new" wheels - they are way to big and bulky.)

Nowadays even my ks18xl is "small" by modern EUC standards. (I would like to think it's still middle class wheel.) And comparing it to 16" model that my dad owns. It isn't so much bigger.. It also has very slim design, compared to any new wheel that has 2000wh+ battery. No-one beats an eye when i go in shops.. They could care less. Now if i was all suited in motorcycle gear and have helmet on. Then we may have a different story.. :D 

The 320wh battery alone have no enough power to reliably reach any "good" speed. (That alone makes your 50km/h dream dead. Maybe when we have new battery technology..) Let alone have any range what so ever. It's perfect for running to corner shop, that is ~2km away. Or maybe if you work in a hanger type of workplace, where you need to run around a lot. Doh even then you would need to charge it after 20 mins. :D 

V5 is perfect for low speed, small city runs. I even wanted to buy ks16s - the 16", 22mph top speed wheel. I'm so tankful i upped my performance and got ks18xl which can go 32mph speeds. I knew i would be hitting the 22mph speed limit often on ks16s. And that would be very dangerous, as i would be riding it's peed limit very often. With ks18xl i can ride the 22-24mph without any dangers. Range wise the ks16s would have been plenty for mine needs also. I can't imagine how slow and weak the V5 is. I could overpower that thing, if i leaned even little bit forwards. I would be even scared to ride it, because any pothole or anything in road could make me overlean it. Yikes....:crying:

As someone who HATES all the new big heavy wheel.. I see from where you are coming. Small euc's are the way to go! BUT... Being too small are also a problem! 320Wh ~500W motor is more or less a "toy". Small euc need's to have at least ~800Wh and ~1200W motor, otherwise it's simply has no power what so ever.

U should know there r 20amp continous battery cells. 84v x 20 is like 1600w power!.  V5f probably have 84v 4amp battery cell. So its 320wh.   Anyway. It depends on the battery cell u use.

In other words, u can make 14 inch wheel with 1600w power.. i know some cells can give 30amp.. that means 2400w power.  The range will decrease a lot though , but in my case at most I travel every day at once without recharging is less than 10 miles so..  shorter range is not a problem for me.

When I wanna go longer range, I can always take a small solar generator and a charger, but I never really needed it especially after I started using metro bus together with my euc.

Edited by dongsoo

10 hours ago, dongsoo said:

I dare u, u can never solve this problem except by using small euc wheel like v5f.

I solved it! What did I win? Here we go:

As I mentioned this before, u can take ur small wheel ALONG WITH U into market, gym, barber shop, hospital, basically everywhere without anyone stopping u, but bigger wheels would have problem.

You clearly have no idea what it is like to own and use a “bigger” wheel. What you typed is incorrect. It is just not true. I always trolley my V11 with it’s threatening sidepads with me in big and small grocery stores, hospitals, clothing stores, large and tiny restaurants, physical therapy, etc. Nobody has ever stopped me, and there have been zero problems.

u can never use it practically because u gonna worry about theft all the time.

All your worries about having to lock a bigger EUC and not having it with you are baseless. No need for any such worries! I have never worried that someone would steal my “bigger” wheel, because I always have it with me. Every single place I go.

What the world need is a small compact wheels that can go 50mph if we want to. ( with two removable 160wh batteries. ).

Now you’re talking about battery technology that will only exist 100 years into the future. Even such suspension tech is a few decades out. And it still wouldn’t be a safe wheel at those speeds.

People just r not realizing how awesome this small compact personal transportation is.

Don’t you realize that just like you try to preach the gospel of tiny trick EUCs, we are trying to preach to you how great these stable bigger wheels are? The difference is that you talk down to us as if you’d know anything about our bigger wheels, while in turn many riders have already started with the exact small wheels you talk about. And have since decided not wanting to have anything to do with them.

It’s ok to be misinformed, but it’s impolite not to listen when your misinformation is corrected.

4 hours ago, dongsoo said:

V5f probably have 84v 4amp battery cell. So its 320wh.

Don’t confuse watts with watt hours. they are different units of measure. The first measures power, the other measures battery capacity.

In other words, u can make 14 inch wheel with 1600w power..

The MCM5 v2 already is a 1500W 14” wheel.

When I wanna go longer range, I can always take a small solar generator and a charger, but I never really needed it especially after I started using metro bus together with my euc.

So you no longer need to recharge your small wheel with a carry-on solar every 10-15 kilometers because you found how practical busses are? :roflmao: I guess it makes sense if your goal is to minimize EUC usage and use a bus instead. For most people in this forum it’s the exact opposite, so your preaching probably doesn’t have many listeners here.

• Like 2

Well. I saw this guy on youtube who rides his big euc without helmet, and he was not taking his euc inside supermarket.  I dont know what u have but my gym want me to lift the wheel inside the gym because they r worried its gonna damage the gym's new floor.

What i am saying here is that there r places where people feel threatened by big tank looking wheel with thick tire on.

and 84v with 4 amp battery cells in series is about 320wh. U r the one who is confused. 

Anyway, i found info on inmotion's new wheels.. i think i am gonna start a new thread why i dont like it.

1 hour ago, dongsoo said:

Anyway, i found info on inmotion's new wheels.. i think i am gonna start a new thread why i dont like it.

Let me guess.. It's to big and have to much "Wh"? :D (Most new wheels are not toys anymore.) Some even replace their car for daily drive to job, yet same time you can take your car into shops and houses. :D 

Only reason i don't like any of the new wheels - is because they are over 30kg in weight. I personally don't like any wheel that is over 30kg. Simply because you need to start to use both hands while carrying it around. Anything till 30kg is doable with one hand.

If only V5 could go 30km range and at 50km/h speed. That would be a dream wheel even for me. Ohh, but i would like to have at least 16x3", better 18x3" tire. Bigger the tire - the better it will roll. ;)

30 minutes ago, Funky said:

If only V5 could go 30km range and at 50km/h speed. That would be a dream wheel even for me. Ohh, but i would like to have at least 16x3", better 18x3" tire. Bigger the tire - the better it will roll. ;)

MCM5:wub:

17kg and 14x3.0in possible, up to 45km/h. 

18 hours ago, dongsoo said:

Well. I saw this guy on youtube who rides his big euc without helmet, and he was not taking his euc inside supermarket.

Ok. Are you maybe generalizing a bit based on that one video? 

I dont know what u have

V11.

What i am saying here is that there r places where people feel threatened by big tank looking wheel with thick tire on.

Have you asked them? ‘Cos I haven’t met those people, or found such places.

and 84v with 4 amp battery cells in series is about 320wh. U r the one who is confused.

Oh boy. It’s ok not to know, but it’s impolite to attack the ones that tell you that you don’t. If you want to understand how battery capacities are calculated, here’s how it goes:

V8F uses LG MJ1 cells. They have a nominal voltage of 3.635V, they have 3500mAh of capacity, and a max continuous current of 10A. All of those are separate measures that tells us different things.

Wh also describes capacity, and to calculate the Wh you multiply the Ah capacity with the nominal voltage. That makes it a 12.7225Wh cell. Put 20 of them in series and you get a pack with 254Wh of capacity. Put two of those in parallel and you have a 20s2p pack with 508Wh of capacity that has a maximum continuous output current of 20A.

Hope that helps.

I’m sure it will be helpful.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, alcatraz said:

Very good! Msx 84 23kg 18x3in tire! 

Approaching 11.000km on mine.

Doh is it really 23kg? Or closer to 30kg? Quick google search says two results - (52lbs or 70lbs.) 23kg or 31kg. Have you put it on scale? I have. Mine was 25.5kg originally. After tire change and pedal change it's 26.5kg.

It can't be lighter than my 18xl. :D Which has smaller tire and smaller battery pack. From what i remember lightest 18x3" gotway was ~27kg. 

The 84V MSX has a 1600Wh battery, so practically the same as 18XL. And it doesn’t have enough structural elements and supports in the shell to survive even a few small tumbles, so weight has been saved here and there. ;)