First proper RTA on the Master !

Cerbera

10 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Very sorry to hear about your accident. I hope your just-before impact mitigation was enough to minimize the impact sufficiently so that soft tissue injuries don't show up in the next few days.

Thanks dude. Yeah I think you are right about that - I did kinda bounce off the car, and that certainly did a lot to reduce my forward speed before I hit the ground, hence minimal sliding, and the Master falling straight over on its side, preventing the much-dreaded Begode dance of death.

I am thin enough that I don't really have soft tissue - I am mainly skin and bone, but I'll watch out for stuff that hurts later ! :)

Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Cerbera said:

Little video with some post-accident thoughts for anyone interested...

I clicked on your video, and was listening to your excellent story telling, and I was wondering to myself whether you were a live news reporter for BBC or such in another life. :)

• Haha 2

Thanks for this. 

The importance and indeed value of the ‘Turn of the friendly card’ should also be recognised; had the driver emerged half to one second later, your recollection of the ensuing events may have been less clear.    Had a similar experience on my 250cc motorbike around 40 years ago, with a  similar outcome as yourself, thankfully. I still recognise the part chance and timing combined had in the relatively benign outcome, crash bars, gear etc notwithstanding. 

• Like 2

Thanks for all the well-wishes guys - have woken up the next day a little bit achey, but none too worse for wear...

For anyone who would like some extra detail, and a walkthrough of what happened, that is in my ride home video starting here

5 hours ago, techyiam said:

I was wondering to myself whether you were a live news reporter for BBC or such in another life. :)

Nah they wouldn't let me in - too sweary for them !

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Buy a lottery ticket. 

While terrifying, it's great when it works out ok like this time. Something could be sore in the morning. Take it easy.

I get weary riding past parked cars facing into my path. You never know. Obstructed entrances, and even cars yielding, require caution. You think you're being nice by clearing their path quicker at a higher speed, and then it can get ugly.

Even if I'm wasting their and my time, I slow down to be on the safe side. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, techyiam said:

whether you were a live news reporter for BBC or such in another life. :)

Isn’t that just how all the Brits sound and speak? :lol:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Isn’t that just how all the Brits sound and speak? :lol:

Accent yes. But I would vote for him to be a spokesman for an electric wheel advocacy group if one existed.

No wonder he was able to turned the cops around. :)

• Haha 1