Inmotion CEO Bob Yan steps down

mrelwood

2 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Perhaps in general, but in this case at Inmotion, it is the CEO that got replaced. That means big changes are possible.

From the roadmap that Bob Yan showed us, and the general direction he said he was taking Inmotion to, sounded ambitious and exciting. Bob Yan talked about reducing their product lines to only electric wheels, and electric scooters. Additionally, he talked about making Inmotion to become the performance leader and trendsetter in the business.

For sure yes. But it can simply be about time frame to achieve the goal. Faster means more investments are needed. 

Time will tell. 

On 8/3/2023 at 2:55 AM, techyiam said:

Well, if I heard correctly, Bob Yan himself has told us that he was asked to stepped down because of the shareholders demand, or something along those lines?

Vague to the point of being meaningless. Shareholders demanding what? More innovation? Less innovation? Faster change? Slower? More Friday beerbusts in the breakroom? 

On 8/3/2023 at 2:55 AM, techyiam said:

But I am not willing to wait for their new wheels unless they come out timely. Any delays and I am out.

Is the threat that you will purchase some other company's wheels? Exclusively and forever? Define "timely." Define "delays." Has any company ever given a firm date for an EUC to go on sale and then "delayed" it? I don't understand what you are warning InMotion about here?

On 8/3/2023 at 5:18 AM, techyiam said:

Plus he is one of the cofounders.

It looks like now what we have left are Leaper Kim and Begode. With a little bit more time, perhaps number 3 will be Extreme Bull.

Extreme Bull is only an other mask for Begode and nothing more. I am very surprised you haven’t realised that until now. Begode is well known for changing names in its desperate attempt to stay away from the shady reputation issues of its past.

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, UPONIT said:

Is the threat that you will purchase some other company's wheels? Exclusively and forever? Define "timely." Define "delays." Has any company ever given a firm date for an EUC to go on sale and then "delayed" it? I don't understand what you are warning InMotion about here?

Not from my perspective. I was ready to buy a suspension wheel since the end of 2021. I thought I would buy a stop gap wheel while I waited for the S20 to come out. I decided not to buy a first generation suspension wheel at the time, so I bought a V12 over the V11. I could have bought a RS-19 too, but waterproofing was a factor.

So I have been waiting and waiting for a decent suspension wheel. And finally, I convinced myself that the Patton, the Commander Mini, the Extreme Bull, and the V13 are good enough for my next wheel purchase. But since Bob Yan announced recently Inmotion's product line, which included the Adventure and Challenger with swappable battery, I thought I would wait a bit longer to include whatever is coming out next. But now, I have no idea what Inmotion is up to since Bob Yan stepped down. So, I am not too willing to wait for an Inmotion wheel for my next purchase, especially after seeing the prototype. Like I said in an earlier post, it may be a 2024, 2025 wheel for me, should they get it right. But who knows, Begode and Extreme Bull are aggressively improving their wheels. And Leaper Kim seems to be on a roll bringing out wheels that people want to buy. The competition is stiff. In short, for my next wheel, it still could be an Inmotion wheel, the V13, but it may not be an Adventure.

Hence, I was only sharing my own next wheel purchase decision making.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Paul g said:

Extreme Bull is only an other mask for Begode and nothing more. I am very surprised you haven’t realised that until now. Begode is well known for changing names in its desperate attempt to stay away from the shady reputation issues of its past.

Perhaps. That's how I viewed it since the beginning. But then Bradley and other insiders said they are kind of run like two different companies. And I started to question it.

Sure, the electric motor drive system is Begode's. But when I looked at the Commander Pro and Commander Mini, and compare them to the EX30 and the Extreme, I see that the two companies' wheels are really different.

So to me, for my future wheel purchase perspective, it make sense for me to treat the two companies' wheels separately.

And taking a look at the design of their new wheel, the Adventure:

- no protection bumper for the front, meaning you’ll have to replace costly top shells at the every drop, possibly making the wheel unridable while cracked because it exposes the boards to the elements, worse design than Begode, which at least had some foam on the front batteries and top to absorb impacts. Keep in mind ,this is the way they understand to design the protection for a wheel meant for off-road! And that front might be so badly designed that it might not even allow custom made bumpers to be installed. 

- no wide side panels to install pads on, the same crap as S22, Begode Master, etc. These people could not decipher the needs of the riders not even after thousands of cries and years of complaints, god!

- low battery corners sticking out, when the wheel suspension is compressed in a jump you will hit stuff on the trail- rocks, stumps, ruts, etc.  This is a no- no for a jump wheel.

21 minutes ago, techyiam said:

Perhaps. That's how I viewed it since the beginning. But then Bradley and other insiders said they are kind of run like two different companies. And I started to question it.

Sure, the electric motor drive system is Begode's. But when I looked at the Commander Pro and Commander Mini, and compare them to the EX30 and the Extreme, I see that the two companies' wheels are really different.

So to me, for my future wheel purchase perspective, it make sense for me to treat the two companies' wheels separately.

They only have a design track of their own inside Begode, should not let yourself deceived by that. Begode is splashing different models left and right in a desperate fight to survive.

10 hours ago, UPONIT said:

Vague to the point of being meaningless. Shareholders demanding what?

If you’re expecting for a public announcement, you’ll be waiting for a long time. It is and most probably always will be just rumors and hearsay.

Define "timely." Define "delays."

Sounds like you are expecting for @techyiam to have a detailed plan of how long to wait before the purchase. It doesn’t seem like a situation where a plan like that would be expected. I’m in the same boat, have been waiting to upgrade. Though I don’t have any dates and exact plans written in stone. Every bit of new info affects my purchase decisions.

Has any company ever given a firm date for an EUC to go on sale and then "delayed" it?

Yes.

I don't understand what you are warning InMotion about here?

It didn’t sound like a warning to me.

On 8/5/2023 at 1:56 PM, mrelwood said:

If you’re expecting for a public announcement, you’ll be waiting for a long time. It is and most probably always will be just rumors and hearsay.

Sounds like you are expecting for @techyiam to have a detailed plan of how long to wait before the purchase. It doesn’t seem like a situation where a plan like that would be expected. I’m in the same boat, have been waiting to upgrade. Though I don’t have any dates and exact plans written in stone. Every bit of new info affects my purchase decisions.

Yes.

It didn’t sound like a warning to me.

@techyiam's explanation pretty much cleared up my confusion. :D

• Like 1