Celebrity EUC crash

No useful details for the community here, but I'm guessing he wasn't wearing a helmet.

TMZ is an online tabloid, so we need to find other sources. After a quick search, all other news reports I have located appear to have the same content. Here's a 'local' source.

Click on the image to go to the webpage.

image.thumb.png.0cd7af91caa72adfec41df21cceebd5c.png

Just for the sake of search results, here are a few buzzwords:

Moonshiners’ Craig Landry hospitalized after unicycle wreck, broken face, jaw, hand & teeth, multiple surgery.

I wonder which wheel he was riding and how much experience he has. It looks to me he had a wild ride and crashed...not experienced, not gear properly, doesn't know his wheel and probably not following rules.... Wish him recover soon, learned a lesson and continue riding! Will he get back on the wheel? 

1 hour ago, Scubadragonsan said:

I wonder which wheel he was riding and how much experience he has. It looks to me he had a wild ride and crashed...not experienced, not gear properly, doesn't know his wheel and probably not following rules.... Wish him recover soon, learned a lesson and continue riding! Will he get back on the wheel? 

I read a news article where his brother had said that he suffered from high blood pressure, and that he might’ve passed out while riding. He himself had said that he doesn’t remember anything about the crash or the events that lead to it.

Oh that's a shame, we, as a riding community don't need the 'extra' sensationalist reporting that tabloids go for when a minor celebrity is involved ! Note the framing of the article which implies the wheel was at fault, rather than the rider. And if his face did get smashed up like that, then it seems the primary rider error was no helmet.

On March 4 Landry's co-star Josh Owens broke his neck, back, arm and legs in a motorcycle crash. 

The crash happened while the TV star was taking part in a motorcycle race at Florida's Daytona International Speedway.

DC Clark
USA1 day ago

He is a very good moonshiner. He uses a lot of fruit instead of the old standby corn and will try anything. Since he moved from Louisiana to North Carolina to moonshine they are banging down his door for one of a kind moonshine. I live in South Carolina and been around moonshiner all my life and he is one of the best

• CamaroSSgrl racer
    North Fla, United States22 hours ago
    Really? So the show is real then & not fake?

• DC Clark
      USA19 hours ago

By law they cant make illegal moonshine on TV. But the law says you can make it for personal use is how they can get away with it. The moonshine is real and the recipes they use is legit and technique

1 hour ago, Lonerider said:

That damaged face means one thing, no protection!

It does, pretty clearly. Don’t know about a traditional open bicycle helmet though, since they have ample room to duck up your face too.

1 hour ago, Lonerider said:

And most likely he underestimated the power of the wheel.

You probably mean “overestimated”… ;) 

12 hours ago, mrelwood said:

That damaged face means one thing, no protection!

Not necessarily although definitely agree in this case. Just wanted to say I still got the damaged face effect in a e-bike wreck wearing a full face helmet. The caveat being it had a removable chinbar (Giro Switchblade). Guess which kind of full face helmets I won't ever wear again. Just food for thought for anyone reading.

Edit: falling face-forward, the chin-bar was the first thing to fling off the helmet on contact with the ground leaving my face to skid along the dirt and gravel.

Edited by Vanturion
relevant details
  • Confused 1