Inmotion V14 Adventure: a new trail wheel from Inmotion

techyiam

2 hours ago, novazeus said:

looks great and i'm sure will be a great wheel.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C1Wnh2lovQy/?igsh=NjZiM2M3MzIxNA==

The tire is interesting, can't identify it by sight.  That is the sort of 'hybrid' knobby we need - I think the Shinko SR241 trials tire would work very well for the same mixed use.

2 hours ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

It's a new one built specifically for the v14 its a Yuan Xing.

see Jason's post here.

I had hoped we could find something very similar to the Heidenau K6. Unfortunately I don't think there is a size that will fit.

K66motorrad-012_r-1.jpg

Source: https://www.heidenautires.com/product/k-66/

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Unventor said:

I had hoped we could find something very similar to the Heidenau K6

If your looking for a street tire for it , the h626 is similar

https://www.chaoyangmotorcycletire.com/index.php/pro/pro-details/6/200?

or something more like the pilot street 2 here

https://www.amazon.com/90-12-Tubeless-Scooter-Street-Rubber/dp/B00O8XNB92/ref=sr_1_22?

On 12/29/2023 at 6:25 PM, Jason McNeil said:

Got some more news on the V14... 
- The problem with Marty's demo V14 was from a water-resistance test. The sealant compound at the motor-wire aperture was brittle; during the high-pressure test, some water  percolated down into the hal PCB. Apparently this was a random sample test
- Motor manufacturer is now doing machine wound windings 

so both begode with a2 and inmotion with v14 were trying to kill mart by sending him "Apparently random sample test wheels" :lol:

its fun when each and every company tries to hide their fails by calling them "random sample wheels"

9 minutes ago, ORDO NOVUS said:

so both begode with a2 and inmotion with v14 were trying to kill mart by sending him "Apparently random sample test wheels" :lol:

its fun when each and every company tries to hide their fails by calling them "random sample wheels"

But again, I would point out that there has been NOTHING identified as "WRONG" in the A2.  No internal problems identified, no repeat of an apparent cutout, etc.  ZERO identifiable issues.  I keep making this point as I think the A2 is an excellent little wheel, great for a beginner like me as well as a lighter (can't call it lightweight!), and quite solidly built.  The damage to the reputation of this wheel due to a single, unexplained, and anomalous accident is unwarranted.  There ARE NO SUCH ISSUES being reported ANYWHERE.  Yes, it is heavy for its power & range.  Yes, the appearance may or may not suit you.  But it really is a great little wheel.  The "assassin" bit has been overplayed.  I truly feel badly for Marty's injury, having my left ankle fused (ie tibia-talus screwed together w/ bone graft = NO hinge movement at my ankle!) and dealing with pain & recovery from my surgery wasn't fun.  I also have been through the far more traumatic distal tibia-fibula fractures sustained by my late wife, I DO get it.  But STOP with the ASSASSIN bit!

3 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

Assuming you meant Marty, how does warning of a hall sensor and refusing to balance constitute "trying to kill"  someone?

As I just commented, this is an outgrowth of the completely overdone "assassin wheel" stuff - a strange, one time accident with nothing wrong with the wheel EVER identified.  This meme has gotten old.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ORDO NOVUS said:

i am just confused why majority of problems rise when wheels are outside of china

My guess would be because that's the only ones you hear about. China doesn't seem to release information about anything that happens within the country as the world has recently experienced first hand.

22 hours ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

If your looking for a street tire for it , the h626 is similar

https://www.chaoyangmotorcycletire.com/index.php/pro/pro-details/6/200?

or something more like the pilot street 2 here

https://www.amazon.com/90-12-Tubeless-Scooter-Street-Rubber/dp/B00O8XNB92/ref=sr_1_22?

That is the beauty of the k66 tire. It is a all year winter tire that doesn't wear down fast and preform rather good as a light trail tire too or on grass. So it works great 3 of the 4 seasons we have in my area and the 4 season it depends on how much ice we get if any. It handles snow.

The sad part is it doesn't come in a size to fit the v14.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Unventor said:

The sad part is it doesn't come in a size to fit the v14.

This is one factor that I find is a setback for 16" wheels. There aren't many choices for tires.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, techyiam said:

This is one factor that I find is a setback for 16" wheels. There aren't many choices for tires.

Just a curious question, how is the riding seasons in your area? I guess you have less option in winter season and it might be longer than at my place in Sweden.

20 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Just a curious question, how is the riding seasons in your area? I guess you have less option in winter season and it might be longer than at my place in Sweden.

I am in Vancouver, south west corner of Canada right on the west coast, so, the winters are normally mild, I would think the winters are just like what they get in Seattle in the US, or possibly similar to the weather in the UK. Otherwise, it rains a lot here. And they do salt the roads when the temperature get close to freezing temperatures.

I don't ride now when the roads are iced up, or slushy with salt mixed in. Fresh snow is not a problem for parts where they haven't salted.

It doesn't snow heavily normally in these parts. So the snow doesn't stay long.  I ride most of the winter.

Edited by techyiam
  • Thanks 1

@techyiam 🤣👍 I’m currently in Victoria on the island. I’ve been riding fairly regularly since I’ve been here. I’m definitely taking advantage of the weather here while I can before heading back to Ontario. 
Speaking of, I believe ride one is editing their V14 video now……..👀

Edited by Hellkitten
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, techyiam said:

Do you know whether it is the V14 with the fixes, or is it the original release with the slider issue?

I’m not 100%, but I think it’s the og. 

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, techyiam said:

I am in Vancouver, south west corner of Canada right on the west coast, so, the winters are normally mild, I would think the winters are just like what they get in Seattle in the US, or possibly similar to the weather in the UK. Otherwise, it rains a lot here. And they do salt the roads when the temperature get close to freezing temperatures.

I don't ride now when the roads are iced up, or slushy with salt mixed in. Fresh snow is not a problem for parts where they haven't salted.

It doesn't snow heavily normally in these parts. So the snow doesn't stay long.  I ride most of the winter.

not rubbing salt in the wound, but euc's should almost be built for different regions. this guy frank i think lives in my county, and he rides quite a bit. 

i'd never do what he's doing, because he lives in a neighborhood, and enjoys the woods. i live in the woods and avoid neighborhoods. but he's having fun and that's what those trails are for. 

from where i live south, flat as a pancake. u don't really need knobbys or hill climbing wheels. 

this is florida.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, novazeus said:

from where i live south, flat as a pancake. u don't really need knobbys or hill climbing wheels. 

this is florida.

Then the S22/Pro and the V13 would have enough torque for you since you don't need to climb.

I personally don't need a lot of climbing torque also because I primarily ride on streets. There are some hills here and there, but they are not steep, and if I go slower then I am fine. But if I want to go out of town and go on the mountain highways, and then I would need more top speed and climbing torque at those speeds.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 1

yeah, i'm waiting to see if frank gets a v14 or lynx and what he does with it. his v13 is identical to my first one, first batch with the same problems. 

i was thinking if he ever came by he could try my s22 with the michelin and lower/forward pedals, but omg, everything is so litigious these days. 

actually, i have slow crawled up my hill with every wheel including the s18 molicel, np. as long as i place my feet correctly, torque isn't a problem. hou ning ning is eventually gonna get my money for a set of forward/lowered hangers. then i'll have my toe leverage like the s22's. makes a big difference for me.

i see the v14 as being a jump park wheel, like i don't see the v13 being a jump park wheel, but @Josiahdid. the v13 can do everything else great. but those mountain trails are insane. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, novazeus said:

i see the v14 as being a jump park wheel,

The V14 has acceleration assist, so you would not need to lean into it as much to climb a hill. With the right setting, you won't need to do anything with your pedal to move your COG forward. It's pretty cool.

On the V12, with a 16" and acceleration assist, it is pretty cool. I don't need to lean into it much to accelerate quickly, nor to brake. 

This is one thing I like about the V12 over the S22.

22 minutes ago, techyiam said:

The V14 has acceleration assist, so you would not need to lean into it as much to climb a hill. With the right setting, you won't need to do anything with your pedal to move your COG forward. It's pretty cool.

On the V12, with a 16" and acceleration assist, it is pretty cool. I don't need to lean into it much to accelerate quickly, nor to brake. 

This is one thing I like about the V12 over the S22.

i don't use pads, software enhanchments, etc to drive. just set the tires and pedal hardness to max, and i'll be fine. i just know i won't overtorque the v13, and i'm getting a corn at the head of the ball of my right foot from hanging over so far.

s22 illustration. the orange tape is the center of the wheel. this is with my pedals down and moved forward.

oops forgot, back on topic, i love the v14, it could be used out here, same with the lynx or any wheel once these trails are civilized. but i think they are wasted on what i need compared to these rugged rocky mountain paths evidently encountered by y'all regularly.  i real sherman tank wouldn't be enough for me. 

63FADF1A-236F-4E76-9385-F2083F71ADD0.thumb.jpeg.9a5c61397222910d1ed61579735c40e3.jpeg4A3A252F-71C0-4425-AAD8-157C10C1175F.thumb.jpeg.6bbe8b320f157514a8ca15e588bae25d.jpeg6690EE9F-BEA8-49C8-BD5A-D95D75352180.thumb.jpeg.c212acd080fc709a1d6e682b8ea7e496.jpeg

Edited by novazeus

8 minutes ago, novazeus said:

s22 illustration. the orange tape is the center of the wheel. this is with my pedals down and moved forward.

You hang off your toes even with the pedal moved forward. That's a lot of forward bias.

I guess if that's what you want.

I prefer firmware assist. Both acceleration and braking work great. I need great braking more than acceleration in traffic.

But then, I have never tried moving the pedals forward. I am not that curious to try.

4 minutes ago, techyiam said:

You hang off your toes even with the pedal moved forward. That's a lot of forward bias.

I guess if that's what you want.

I prefer firmware assist. Both acceleration and braking work great. I need great braking more than acceleration in traffic.

But then, I have never tried moving the pedals forward. I am not that curious to try.

my shoe is dead center on the pedal, my shoe is just bigger than the pedal.

back to the v14, just north of me, johnny govroom country, gainesville, perfect trails for the v14 and lnyx.

• Like 2

like if i built a jump track here, i could sell v14's and pattons all day long i suspect. or else they tote them up the road to croom where the dirt bike and atv's go. 

i mean sheesh, look at shibby time and his s22.

btw, haven't ridden the pro, just felt the suspension, and yeah, it's better yet. nothing wrong with this suspension now. s22 is def jump track material. 

i'm too old to race, but the lynx would be fun on a race track here.

it's like marty said, different wheels do different tasks, or maybe i said that. different chainsaws, different drills. i don't need a 54" blade for cutting down redwoods here, doesn't mean it's better or worse than my 24" little one. 

not a competition. no resale value. about like boats. 

for most of y'all, exercise, pleasure, etc, for me, all of that but cow and pasture surveillance is the priority. 

Edited by novazeus