Inmotion V14 Adventure: a new trail wheel from Inmotion

techyiam

On 12/3/2023 at 11:13 AM, SoleCycle said:

We all have such different demands for these wheels.

You're taking advantage of jump wheel specs and turning it into the ride feel of a Cadillac! :efee6b18f3:

I over pressure my 100mm shocks for my weight because I want more absorption on hard hits and I want the extra height to clear trail debris and weird rock shapes. Plus I feel like I have a bit more agility with a tight suspension. I want 130mm so that I can relax that pressure a little and enjoy a bit of sag and increase the damping a little. That might allow me to cruise and eat little bumps more smoothly while still keeping a good amount of travel for the hard hits.

I hear that the progressive design on the V14 is really good. And it probably is good for 85mm. But I am concerned about the literal physical limitations of lesser suspension travel. No amount of engineering can change the physical difference between 85mm and 130mm.

Oh and the other thing is I'm already scraping pedals on deep turns. I hope that the smaller suspension doesn't mean the pedals are lower. It's dumb to have to compensate wheel tilt angle when you're only 2/3 into the tire's sidewall tread before scraping pedals. What's the point of all that extra tread if you can't use it?

I do think you put the above few post very well. Also it is clear that we use EUCs very different. 

And this is where is becomes hard to make one EUC to fit all. So first off I am not a MTB rider doing hard off road rides. 

So when having an EUC with suspension is where this is a bit odd. You have 4he pedals that need to stay clear of the ground and obstacles. So when the suspension is at it lowest vs highest (compressed /expanded) you need to take into consideration  that on off road there can be much more obstacles to cause problems with pedal cleaners. 

But the other part here is the balance or privet point that your lean gives force for the EUC to catch the balance. Once that changes too much from the axel og the wheel I could see this making much harder to predict behaviour. 

Graphics from Inmotion V10 series launch

Inmotion used this to explain the reason why the aimed for slim design when launching the V10. Note bigger wheel makes things easier until the size 8f wheel becomes a trade off on other points. 

Now if this principle of barbell was not a problem one could design a reverse pedal placement for more ground clearance. So that is why I view there are some design tradeoff when making an EUC with suspension and why it took time before Inmotion as the first brand to come out with a solution. 

Now the V14 is not target as a commuter EUC but I hope it can work for the purpose despite of this. Yet I fully agree that the boxed version might need something to get used to. I don't look for a pillow soft ride. I prefer a firm sensation as it gives me a better feel of the connection to the ground I am riding one. And it also help me to get a sensation of speed to avoid getting speed blind and I to bad situations due to too high speed. 

Now I still think we need to see what more testers say after playing with the V14. 

I do still think the V14 look interesting not just fro. A suspension point of view but of many other things. I like the direction Inmotion move on modularity, batter packs and monitoring. 

I hope for is a better trolley design as the super high vs stability is not the direction I hoped for. Maybe a aftermarket option. 

As for a fix of the sidepad panels I could see me using 3M Dual lock instead of double sided adhesive tape. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, techyiam said:

The impression I got from Bob Yan's interview was that the Adventure was going to be a dedicated off road wheel challenging the likes of the S22 Pro, and the Extreme.

If you are open to modding a brand new wheel, then there are more choices available to you.

absolute bs, all of you are just searching for inmotional excuses.

by design 85mm linkage  suspension travel wheel cant be good for offroad. also it is bad for modding and customizing. it has zero potential and will never reach s22 and extreme in jumps and offroad.

both s22 and extreme are better in everything on offroad, in suspension, in general chasis strength.

if you pay 1000$ more and get crappy 3A charger and plastic sides that will break all the way - it is not for you comfort, it is for soaking money from you

13 hours ago, ORDO NOVUS said:

by design 85mm linkage  suspension travel wheel cant be good for offroad. also it is bad for modding and customizing. it has zero potential and will never reach s22 and extreme in jumps and offroad.

both s22 and extreme are better in everything on offroad, in suspension, in general chasis strength.

if you pay 1000$ more and get crappy 3A charger and plastic sides that will break all the way - it is not for you comfort, it is for soaking money from you

For your use case, you may need more suspension travel. But that doesn't mean everybody else does. You are projecting your needs to that of the rest of the world.

Depending on the use case, and rider preferences, more travel may or may be needed.

I personally would want 130 mm of suspension of travel for street riding. But that doesn't mean all riders would want that.

I ride an S22, and I only do street riding. I don't curbs, stairs, jumps, nor drops. But I do ride over speed bumps.

But if you need more suspension travel than what is offered by the V14, why are you here?

This is Inmotion's brand of a trail wheel.

Time will tell whether there is a market demand for this wheel.

Edited by techyiam
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Unventor said:

And it also help me to get a sensation of speed to avoid getting speed blind and I to bad situations due to too high speed. 

Here is an analogy you may want to considered.

For those who drive in snowy and icy conditions on summer tires, they may drive as fast as a snail and still find it unsafe to do so.

Then there are those who are driving under the same conditions but with full time 4 wheel drive, and brand new Bridgestone Blizzark Snow tires.

Do you think the latter is getting "speed blind" just because he is driving faster than the former?

That is why I was so impressive with my transformed S22. If the chassis dynamics under adverse conditions was vanilla flavour, I wouldn't have cared.

It is on a whole different level when compared to my other wheels under bumpy, slippery (wet leaves strewn all over the road), icy cold conditions.

• Upvote 1

I completely 99.9% agree what @ORDO NOVUS have said. I simply don't comment on "these" big/heavy wheel treads. As it's simply pointless. (Pointless, because i will never own a 65lbs/30kg++ wheel. And as i'm not be getting any of "these" wheels - it isn't even worth reading what people have said about these wheels.) Anything we say, etc.. Won't make the manufacturers suddenly make "better" actually working wheels/suspensions.

If they actually wanted to make working suspension, that is actually "good". They would buy an MTB engineer help, or already made suspension from big shot MTB firm, not try to make "inhouse crap". Simple as that. Haven't seen single suspension which was actually good. All of them have scraping issues. Going out of lineament. List continues.. And those issues just get bigger and bigger as wheel ages, being used over years. And that's why i'm mostly against suspension in first place. No - suspension = nothing that they can mess up. :D 

FYI - it's not you - everyone else is simply a Inmotion fan boy.. And they don't care what suspension they get. If wheel goes up/down over bumps - they are happy. :D But we the real people, not the "fakes" know the reality.  And how things actually work in this forsaken world. :efee8319ab:

Edited by Funky

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

For you use case, you may need more suspension travel. You are projecting your needs to that of the rest of the world.

Depending on the use case, and rider preferences, more travel may or may be needed.

I personally would want 130 mm of suspension of travel for street riding. But that doesn't mean all riders would want that.

I ride an S22, and I only do street riding. I don't curbs, stairs, jumps, nor drops. But I do ride over speed bumps.

But if you need more suspension travel than what is offered by the V14, why are you here?

This is Inmotion's brand of a trail wheel.

Time will tell whether there is a market demand for this wheel.

sounds like brainwash. there are only 2 usecases, trails and city. v14 failed in each and every of that. patton is better in every of that, same with commander mini and extreme.

40 minutes ago, ORDO NOVUS said:

there are only 2 usecases, trails and city.

Confirming exactly what I said about you. You want to project your wants and needs onto the community.

Marty's needs and Mike Leahy's needs in an off-road euc is the same?

3 hours ago, techyiam said:

Confirming exactly what I said about you. You want to project your wants and needs onto the community.

Marty's needs and Mike Leahy's needs in an off-road euc is the same?

opinion of "agents of interest" is not taken in consideration. if you vote with your dollar for bad engineering - go ahead. my opinion is to make manufacturers  responsible for what they are doing because they have profit of this.

by consuming bad quality products you are doing harm not only for yourself but for all community. manufacturers must be punished for greed and lack of testing

2 minutes ago, ORDO NOVUS said:

opinion of "agents of interest" is not taken in consideration. if you vote with your dollar for bad engineering - go ahead. my opinion is to make manufacturers  responsible for what they are doing because they have profit of this.

by consuming bad quality products you are doing harm not only for yourself but for all community. manufacturers must be punished for greed and lack of testing

Are the wheels listed under your profile the wheels that you actually own?

If so, are you not guilty of supporting bad engineering and encouraging manufacturers to continue their practices, and thus doing harm not only to yourself but also for the whole of the euc community?

You bought an S18, and an Extreme.

Would you call the sliders or the pin joints hardware used in the linkage on the S18 good engineering? Binding of moving joints everywhere. How about the cheap plastic body panels? Then you had to hacked in an additional 2P.

And then there is the Extreme. To this day since the Hero, they are still using pipes as stanchions, and linkage and shock that owners have to replace after unboxing.

In addition, no one at Begode realized that the 900 lbs was completely sized incorrectly. 

And look at the rear handle / tail light. People has been warning them even before production has started, and yet here we are.

Let's face it, many euc riders are happy to voice their wants but not necessarily be willing to pay for them.

With regards to build quality, Begode has made good progress compared to two years ago. Inmotion raised the bar with the V13. And in terms of cutting edge quality wheels, Leaper Kim is still leading the way.

Build quality and safety features along with water ingress protection have been going up, but so has the price. And some riders are balking at that.

The roller slider idea and implementation for the S22 came out of Russia, along with other components for euc's. Some of the best teardown videos are from Russia.  Perhaps, enthusiasts in Russia can produce better euc's for the world to enjoy? According to you, there is an opportunity here.

7 hours ago, ORDO NOVUS said:

So you have actually ridden the V14 yet? Or are you still making u founder air noise statement? 

Please note how the tone in general are here on the forum and how your posts look like in comparison. 

If you want people to listen. For the moment it just sound like a can tumbling downhill. And still none force you to buy a V14. If you dislike just move along. 

You don't see me mocking and moaning about in GW/Begode spin off section for the very same reason. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Funky said:

FYI - it's not you - everyone else is simply a Inmotion fan boy.. And they don't care what suspension they get. If wheel goes up/down over bumps - they are happy. :D But we the real people, not the "fakes" know the reality.  And how things actually work in this forsaken world. :efee8319ab:

(Note this post is also directed towards @ORDO NOVUS). 

Yet another bold statement only meant to piss off people. Please consider this. 

There is a very big difference between getting the best any money can buy vs something that works at a balanced cost. 

Now the V11 isn't perfect but it was a big step forward in my view as a first suspension manufacturered on a big scale. 

I use suspension EUC due to medical reason. It is nothing about just going up and down. 

As for the V14 is it a perfect EUC? Probably not. But that do not by any means there is a need to use so negative and unfounded statements. We don't live in a yes vs no or black&white world. It is a compromise of what is possible to make of things right now. And for some time people have been moaning about cost of new models and their weight and getting higher speeds. I can promise that if people only used negative language on what they disliked vs trying to positively promote useful feedback then we would all have a much nice day. Trying to bully opinions do not help anyone at all, that goes in any world order @ORDO NOVUS

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Unventor said:

(Note this post is also directed towards @ORDO NOVUS). 

Yet another bold statement only meant to piss off people. Please consider this. 

There is a very big difference between getting the best any money can buy vs something that works at a balanced cost. 

Now the V11 isn't perfect but it was a big step forward in my view as a first suspension manufacturered on a big scale. 

I use suspension EUC due to medical reason. It is nothing about just going up and down. 

As for the V14 is it a perfect EUC? Probably not. But that do not by any means there is a need to use so negative and unfounded statements. We don't live in a yes vs no or black&white world. It is a compromise of what is possible to make of things right now. And for some time people have been moaning about cost of new models and their weight and getting higher speeds. I can promise that if people only used negative language on what they disliked vs trying to positively promote useful feedback then we would all have a much nice day. Trying to bully opinions do not help anyone at all, that goes in any world order @ORDO NOVUS

Sarcasm - have you heard about it? :efef62fc70: That part of my comment was more or less meant like a "joke".

Still got someone - hook, line, and sinker. :D 

Edited by Funky

We all use wheels slightly differently. Some of us ride hard and prefer stiff sporty suspension, others need a lot of travel, some prefer comfortable "Cadillac" ride. 

In one thing most of us agree is that we want our wheels to be reliable and don't want them to fail. In this regard Inmotion has a good track record. I'm ok buying the wheel that I would need to modify for my liking as long as I know the core product is solid and reliable.

Even considering shock/spring upgrade ($300-400 retail), V14 is still cheaper than stock Veteran Lynx, and the latter also needs pads. 

Edited by Ro.man
  • Thanks 1

ok i understand that peopple here have no clue about suspension on eucs and have strong stockholm syndrome, consuming bad products for their own money and sponsoring companies that invest in marketing and not in engineering. bb inmotional damaged fanboyz. enjoy your meal with a scent of burned controllers

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ORDO NOVUS said:

ok i understand that peopple here have no clue about suspension on eucs and have strong stockholm syndrome, consuming bad products for their own money and sponsoring companies that invest in marketing and not in engineering. bb inmotional damaged fanboyz. enjoy your meal with a scent of burned controllers

What are you even on about? Why did you get an Extreme if you care so much about properly working suspension? 🙄🥴

Il y a 2 heures, ORDO NOVUS a dit :

ok, je comprends que les gens ici n'ont aucune idée de la suspension sur eucs et ont un fort syndrome de Stockholm, consommant de mauvais produits pour leur propre argent et parrainant des entreprises qui investissent dans le marketing et non dans l'ingénierie. bb inmotional damaged fanboyz. profitez de votre repas avec un parfum de contrôleurs brûlés

It's true that in Russia you can check your engineering every day. It might be better to consult a psychologist before calling people idiots.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Lexonit said:

It's true that in Russia you can check your engineering every day. It might be better to consult a psychologist before calling people idiots.

its true that kinsong stole s22 roller mode from russian customizers, thats enough for you to understand that we have best euc suspension mechanics worldwide

37 minutes ago, ORDO NOVUS said:

its true that kinsong stole s22 roller mode from russian customizers, thats enough for you to understand that we have best euc suspension mechanics worldwide

I like to first say kudos to the fine Russian folks for sharing their innovations and fine work with the euc community world wide.

So why did you buy the Extreme.

Were you planning to come out with a better slider and linkage for the Extreme?

That would be great. And you can show your ingenuity and expertise in suspension designs for euc's.

6 minutes ago, techyiam said:

I like to first say kudos to the fine Russian folks for sharing their innovations and fine work with the euc community world wide.

So why did you buy the Extreme.

Were you planning to come out with a better slider and linkage for the Extreme?

That would be great. And you can show your ingenuity and expertise in suspension designs for euc's.

because it has good modding potential.

as i know, other person that has already done such stuff for master was planning to do it for extreme too.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ORDO NOVUS said:

enjoy your meal with a scent of burned controllers

I don’t like the negativity, but I have to admit that line was pretty funny. 

Edited by stizl

1 hour ago, ORDO NOVUS said:

because it has good modding potential.

as i know, other person that has already done such stuff for master was planning to do it for extreme too.

That's good news about more parts for the Extreme, and it's from Russia.

I see where you are coming from now.

You don't mind modding.

I guess you draw the line when one has to extend suspension travel?

Edited by techyiam

I'm looking forward to my new v14 when i get it and thankfully i wont have to mod. the suspension to get it to work when i get the wheel because Inmotion has real answers to the problems that arise, not just reinforcing the part that broke because the spring was wrong...:roflmao:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Punxatawneyjoe said:

I'm looking forward to my new v14 when i get it and thankfully i wont have to mod. the suspension to get it to work when i get the wheel because Inmotion has real answers to the problems that arise, not just reinforcing the part that broke because the spring was wrong...:roflmao:

I think this is another big selling point of the V14.

For those riders who want to be able to customize the suspension of their rides, they will have to get a linkage suspension wheel.

But only the V14 have a motorcycle grade sliders, and a rising rate linkage that doesn't need to be replaced after unboxing.

The S22 Pro has exposed sliders. My S22 with Hou Ningnning roller sliders need constant attention because of rust and possibly debris too. And I ride exclusively on streets, albeit lots of wet leaves on the road, and some salt. No off-road.

Begode suspension wheel is hampered by Kingsong rising rate linkage patent, X-link, apparently. So many riders replace the linkage soon after unboxing.

Inmotion already have seen the S22, Master and Sherman S by the time they finalized their V14 design. So they knew about their competition.

For those who are looking for a linkage suspension euc, but not into cushy suspension, and has no desire to mod their brand new wheel to have a good suspension, the V14 has a lot to offer.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

That's good news about more parts for the Extreme, and it's from Russia.

I see where you are coming from now.

You don't mind modding.

I guess you draw the line when one has to extend suspension travel?

Well it is not that I disapprove what you are doing here, but since @ORDO NOVUS is not really caring (which can be seen from the last 5+ posts he/she has made in this thread) but this is only clottering the thread.

And even if some RussianDude should come up with aftermarket modding parts, this would not really going to help most of us (at least in the EU and US) since there are sanctions on export and payment with Russia. Not only that I can see me using any kind of money to support their lifestyle at all. Just the way I chose to use a democratic right to vote with my money. I might be a fan boy in some eyes but I am very clear about this and why. 

I still find the V14 interesting no matter what say could have been done better with suspension (yet who's doesn't seem to have done any test riding at all on the model). 

I do hope some normal rider will post some thoughts and experiences once the V14 finally make to end-users that bought their V14.

I don't need at comparison to GW/Begode or whatever similar brand as that is not making it into my ownership anyway. So I hope to see what the riders like and how they describe how it rides and how they use the V14 as in what type of rides. 

Or to put it in metaphor I care not how a Ford compares to a Aypyc Сенат (Russia luxury car brand) as I would never consider buying that too. Yes one could call it brand loyalty, or as I just view what values a company stand for, because these values matters to me as a customer. 

46 minutes ago, techyiam said:

For those riders who want to be able to customize the suspension of their rides, they will have to get a linkage suspension wheel.

But only the V14 have a motorcycle grade sliders, and a rising rate linkage that doesn't need to be replaced after unboxing.

The only thing you can change with off-the-shelf parts is the spring. A different linkage would need to be custom made, and travel can’t be changed. Practically speaking, linkage isn’t really any more customizable than fork suspension. The Lynx has 4 different spring weights, and they’re also progressive like linkage.

Also, these enclosed sliders are almost the same size as forks, so why not just use forks? I see no benefit to linkage at this point, and many drawbacks such as: more friction, more exposed to damage, more maintenance, hard to keep clean etc.

Edited by InfiniteWheelie