Veteran Patton 16" 126v 2220wh

Mango

Does anyone know the minimum width of space on the inside of the Patton?

I "need" to buy a street tire before mine arrives as my buddy working at the tire shop is working his last week there next week and after that there wont be any special price for me.

I stole a picture from @stizl to illustrate what I mean. I assume this is the tightest point on the inside, please correct me if I'm wrong.

tiresizepls.thumb.jpg.d861af4dcea2cbaca62a0025caa44fbe.jpg

The clearance on the original tire does look pretty tight, it could just be me being greedy hoping anything wider would fit :D

42 minutes ago, Poker said:

I "need" to buy a street tire before mine arrives as my buddy working at the tire shop is working his last week there next week and after that there wont be any special price for me.

I stole a picture from @stizl to illustrate what I mean. I assume this is the tightest point on the inside, please correct me if I'm wrong.

The clearance on the original tire does look pretty tight, it could just be me being greedy hoping anything wider would fit :D

The gap between the sides where the tire is, is 90mm. So anything under that

Edited by Critzlez
Clarification
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Poker said:

Not an answer to your actual question, but something you may find helpful - The ChaoYang H626 3.0x12 is the street tire on Pattons ordered from eWheels.  It is a nice tire.   

Edited by Rollin-on-1

Hey, just received my patton from ewheels but they sent me knobby instead(I ordered the street tire), anyone here have the same experience and if I need to ship the wheel back to ewheels? 

Since it's sat ewheel probably will reply on Monday but it's sat and I want to test the wheel out...:efefb6a84e:

9 hours ago, stizl said:

I just received this seat kit and installed it.  It is comfortable, although the swiveling rear seat blocks access to the rear grab bar and trolley handle, as expected. 

Is it in the way even if you fold it upwards?

How tight does it feel like that rear seat is holding on to the rear handle? Any chance it will pop up like that on some bumps?

I'm loving the look.

Got any feedback on comfort?

7 hours ago, Rawnei said:

it's not in a way and removable on the fly without any tools - it's made entirely out of soft flexible material, foam rubber like 

6 hours ago, Poker said:

How tight does it feel like that rear seat is holding on to the rear handle? Any chance it will pop up like that on some bumps?

I'm loving the look.

it can easily pop up, but it's very light and secure enough to stay in the place 

Edited by unicycle bunny
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Rawnei said:

4 hours ago, Poker said:

I'm loving the look.

I agree with @unicycle bunny on the above.  I will add that the rear seat has about 8mm of left to right free play on the rear grab bar, but is otherwise a fairly sung fit, doesn't slide left to right on its own, and I don't expect it to rotate up on its own when hitting bumps.  Perhaps if it is sitting in direct sun on a hot day it could soften up and move more easily, but I don't think it would ever fall off when riding. 

The seats are soft and comfortable, especially for the price. 

Since I ride mostly trails, I need access to that grab bar, so I'll probably only use the rear seat for long street rides.  With only the front seat on, the seating area is fairly small and a bit forward of ideal, especially if you have long legs, which I don't.  The topside pads that cover the shock caps are worth it alone for me.  I may try to add some thin Velcro under the front/rear ends of them to keep them from flaring out, as they are only secured in the center at/near the shock caps.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Al Alcatraz said:

The headlight the LeaperKim Patton deserves!

This is the Arctic v3.1+

IMG_2952.thumb.jpeg.8c268cffff1ebdb85e4e7ca2276b330b.jpeg

Does not stick out because it fits perfectly between the the batteries above the wheel.

A red 3 phase switch has been installed on the bottom of the lamp by an electric scooter workshop. They assured me that it is water resistant. 

IMG_2973.thumb.jpeg.edeb0c3f3b2a9faee337bb7e8d2933e0.jpeg

The headlamp has an integrated daytime running light that consumes only 3.8 watts.

I like the orange/yellow look but there is also a version with white/blue light.

IMG_2981.thumb.jpeg.d8220cfca9079cfd7e451ade6f7f0c65.jpeg

The main light consumes 20 watts. Not much more than the regular lamp.

IMG_2985.thumb.jpeg.8fb71205684d19f059861ff2e794755e.jpeg

However, the difference is like day and night. The light of the LEDs is spread by the lenses evenly and has a clear cut-off line. 

I am extremely happy with the result. I've tested it now for almost a week and had no complains from pedestrians.

IMG_2941.thumb.jpeg.816a323a867dd76caadfc5c63b05bc9d.jpegIMG_2950.thumb.jpeg.cb615e6aa47559609e107fb8febc7952.jpeg

Link?

8 hours ago, Al Alcatraz said:

The headlight the LeaperKim Patton deserves!

This is the Arctic v3.1+

IMG_2952.thumb.jpeg.8c268cffff1ebdb85e4e7ca2276b330b.jpeg

Does not stick out because it fits perfectly between the the batteries above the wheel.

A red 3 phase switch has been installed on the bottom of the lamp by an electric scooter workshop. They assured me that it is water resistant. 

IMG_2973.thumb.jpeg.edeb0c3f3b2a9faee337bb7e8d2933e0.jpeg

The headlamp has an integrated daytime running light that consumes only 3.8 watts.

I like the orange/yellow look but there is also a version with white/blue light.

IMG_2981.thumb.jpeg.d8220cfca9079cfd7e451ade6f7f0c65.jpeg

The main light consumes 20 watts. Not much more than the regular lamp.

IMG_2985.thumb.jpeg.8fb71205684d19f059861ff2e794755e.jpeg

However, the difference is like day and night. The light of the LEDs is spread by the lenses evenly and has a clear cut-off line. 

I am extremely happy with the result. I've tested it now for almost a week and had no complains from pedestrians.

IMG_2941.thumb.jpeg.816a323a867dd76caadfc5c63b05bc9d.jpegIMG_2950.thumb.jpeg.cb615e6aa47559609e107fb8febc7952.jpeg

How did you mount it?

The light looks really good but the ali listings are a mess.

Some list them as 20W some as 30W some don't bother listing the effect. Some say 12-80V some say 12-24V

What are the specs on the original headlight and the taillight?

I'm guessing 12V, no idea about the wattage.

Also does the minijack to the taillights have constant voltage on one of the wires? I'm interested in replacing them with just a solid bar of red LEDs glowing constantly while the lights are on

Edited by Poker

12 minutes ago, Poker said:

Some list them as 20W some as 30W some don't bother listing the effect. Some say 12-80V some say 12-24V

Also does the minijack to the taillights have constant voltage on one of the wires? I'm interested in replacing them with just a solid bar of red LEDs glowing constantly while the lights are on

The output is 12v, these leds draw about 5w per led so that's 3 leds in the front and then the daylight led so that's either 1, 3 or 4 leds depending on which leds are turned on, so it would draw between 5-20w depending on mode of operation.

None of the manufacturers list specs like max headlight current but should probably be fine up to 30w but I wouldn't go beyond that.

There is no data wire on the front light, it's just 12v on or off, if you want to power a bunch of 12v leds just on or off that's fine as long as you are mindful of the current draw but you wont get any data so it's just on or off.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, carlitos said:

No need to be passive aggressive.

I found it on AliExpress but I'm not sure it's the same as OP. Here is the link
https://a.aliexpress.com/_EGKTYRh

Hi, I did not provide a link because I bought my from a Russian marketplace. 

https://ozon.ru/t/ENrNnZl

2 hours ago, Poker said:

Yeah, there are multiple variants floating around and if you buy very cheaply or from a shady dealer you might get a less powerful one with a case made out of plastic instead of aluminum.

I was told the original headlight runs on 12V and 18W.

Here are some specs my dealer offered:

• Потребляемая мощность основного света: 20W
  • Потребляемая мощность ДХО: 4W
  • Рабочее напряжение: от 12 до 80V
  • Длина провода: 55 см
  • Влагозащита: IP 67
  • Материал: алюминий
  • Термопаста с завода: да
  • Вес без крепежа: 272 г

6681796008.webp.3df71a040fe07751648c208446231e5d.webp

6681795868.webp.08a4eefd887711785b826cac9e5e5335.webp

Edited by Al Alcatraz
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Rawnei said:

How did you mount it?

No rocket science here:

- take an aluminum strip or one out of strong plastic

- drill one hole on each side and one in the middle

- use the mount for the hole in the middle that is provided with the headlight

- Use the bolts from the Patton for the side holes.

> done

IMG_2931.thumb.jpeg.28d9787ba41f1afd7d0abb2f7a7b5e9f.jpeg

And as a bonus you get much more accessible charging ports.☺️

Edited by Al Alcatraz
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Al Alcatraz said:

No rocket science here:

- take an aluminum strip or one out of strong plastic

- drill one hole on each side and one in the middle

- use the mount for the hole in the middle that is provided with the headlight

- Use the bolts from the Patton for the side holes.

> done

IMG_2931.thumb.jpeg.28d9787ba41f1afd7d0abb2f7a7b5e9f.jpeg

And as a bonus you get much more accessible charging ports.☺️

I'm more curious what type of switch they installed? 

• Like 1