KS-18XL what firmware path (if any)?

e_kjellgren

Looking at the different apps, EUC World sais I can go from 2.0.9 -> 2.21 and Kingsong sais 2.0.9 -> 2.18.

EUC World also gives me different steps in between with descriptions, like "ADCtest", "russia", and so on.

Any input would be higly appreciated!

Screenshot_20230125-183152.png

Screenshot_20230125-183448.png

On 1/27/2023 at 12:41 AM, Denny Paul said:

I’d personally leave it alone. If you’ve got a 2.0+ wheel the later firmware patches don’t do anything you would notice. One less dice roll of the rare chance of bricking your wheel; risk vs benefit. 

Fortunately, in King Songs the risk of bricking the wheel is negligible. However you are right, the latest firmware versions do not add anything of value from the user's point of view. I would even say that version 2.03 worked best, but this is only my, very subjective impression. On the other hand, thanks to the fact that you can easily do an upgrade and downgrade, you can try and see for yourself which firmware is best for you.

On 1/30/2023 at 9:17 AM, Seba said:

Fortunately, in King Songs the risk of bricking the wheel is negligible. However you are right, the latest firmware versions do not add anything of value from the user's point of view. I would even say that version 2.03 worked best, but this is only my, very subjective impression. On the other hand, thanks to the fact that you can easily do an upgrade and downgrade, you can try and see for yourself which firmware is best for you.

Can you do downgrade in both apps?

13 hours ago, e_kjellgren said:

Can you do downgrade in both apps?

No. Downgrading is the exclusive feature of EUC World. KS app doesn't allow you to downgrade firmware.

• 2 months later...