Should I buy The Begode Master

So I am thinking of upgrading from ks16s to Begode Master I do delivery with it and the range is going to be well more than enough and has a bit better specs than kingsong s22 but I was wondering what are the problems of the master. is it reliable? does it break down easily? good in the city? cut-offs? what speed is stable? seated riding comfortable?

Everything I've seen and heard about Master is positive except its crashworthiness. Range isn't stellar, but it has a gigantic battery compared to your 16s! My take on it is it's the undisputed king of the high speed street focused wheels, or was. The -S and MasterPro are taking things to another level and Challenger is waiting in the wings.

(this is my opinion and mine alone) I also think that for deliveries a Master has less "steal me now" appeal than an S22.

Edited by Tawpie

14 minutes ago, Tawpie said:

Everything I've seen and heard about Master is positive except its crashworthiness.

That’s interesting. At least half of the things I’ve heard about it are negative. Stanchions are loose, firmware has a sloppy centerpoint, suspension bottoms out and requires an expensive linkage + shock + volume spacer upgrade, battery shells require costly additional protection, mainboard requires additional waterproofing, fragile top frame requires additional padding, tire turns badly, unstable at speed, etc.

The main Master thread is an illuminating read. The ones who are happy with it seem to all have done extensive modifications to their new wheel.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

That’s interesting. At least half of the things I’ve heard about it are negative. Stanchions are loose, firmware has a sloppy centerpoint, suspension bottoms out and requires an expensive linkage + shock + volume spacer upgrade, battery shells require costly additional protection, mainboard requires additional waterproofing, fragile top frame requires additional padding, tire turns badly, unstable at speed, etc.

The main Master thread is an illuminating read. The ones who are happy with it seem to all have done extensive modifications to their new wheel.

Oh yeah, there's all that stuff too :efeec46606:. Maybe I'm too attuned to expecting issues to affect a relatively small number of owners so I'm giving more credit than is deserved.

Still, a lot of people are very happy with their Masters (just like a lot of people are happy with their S22s and Heros and EX20s and Abrams and...)

• Upvote 1

Master wouldn't be good as a delivery euc, first thing it's not waterproof. Secondly, it has high pedals so it'll always feel like you're stepping on a ladder with the first rung missing. Secondly, it's heavy to transport and a bit unwieldy to trolley due to it's high centre of gravity. Thirdly, it looks too beautiful that it's a thief magnet.

Look into a V12 or Tesla T3. Those make good delivery EUCs.

• Like 1

Which reminds me, one of the biggest differences with the 16S and any current large suspension EUC is that the latter all require modifications before they work as intended. The 16S is definitely in the charge-and-go category, as is the mentioned V12. But S22, Master and other BeGotWays are not.

But when you get a suspension wheel working even just decently well, you’ll say to yourself soon enough that you’ll never buy a non-suspension wheel again!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

But when you get a suspension wheel working even just decently well, you’ll say to yourself soon enough that you’ll never buy a non-suspension wheel again!

Yeah that's the rub though. For delivery, I imagine reliability is the primary concern with battery capacity coming in second.

From where I've been sitting (on the sidelines), I don't think any of the suspension wheels have yet to prove a good standard of reliability to achieve a kind of workhorse renown yet. In fact, I thought the non-suspension Sherman still holds the crown or is the most popular amongst EUC couriers. Then again, I don't really have anything to back that up with.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Vanturion said:

Yeah that's the rub though. For delivery, I imagine reliability is the primary concern with battery capacity coming in second.

From where I've been sitting (on the sidelines), I don't think any of the suspension wheels have yet to prove a good standard of reliability to achieve a kind of workhorse renown yet. In fact, I thought the non-suspension Sherman still holds the crown or is the most popular amongst EUC couriers. Then again, I don't really have anything to back that up with.

it is true that Sherman is the king of deliveries definitely the range and speed is incredible but it comes at a high price than master or s22 so I wouldn't consider it and it is heavier too.

9 hours ago, Cerbera said:

Yes, there is a quite a lot of work / effort in getting a Master ready for weather, making it more likely to survive crashes and robust enough for every day use, as people have suggested. As mentioned in several video reviews of it, this machine is perfect for somebody that likes to sit at home, and tinker with stuff, regularly checking it over, taking care of it and improving it where you can.

However, what nobody is really mentioning is how much physical effort it takes to actually ride this machine for extended periods of time ! And woe betide if you ever have to pick it up; your back will protest for a long time afterwards ! If I had to be on a wheel ALL DAY for work, and that work involved constant mounts and dismounts the Master would not be my first choice. It's a great pleasure to ride for an hour or 2 at a time, and the ride feel itself is pure luxury, but I worry if you do it for a whole shift you'll be exhausted, because it takes so much more physical heft and concentration to remain in control of such a heavy wheel. Your weight / load distribution needs to be centred as well or it will affect your riding. It's not a wheel to be ridden when you are tired, ill, generally exhausted, or lack concentration ! High winds can literally blow you off it if not careful ! And because you are so high up, you will probably feel the need for a lot more armour than 'standard', which adds a weight and heft of its own. The Master may be the most exciting wheel I have ever been lucky enough to own but I get back from every trip on it feeling like I have had a comprehensive physical and mental workout ! :)

yeah now I'm questioning the master but do you have suggestions that's not 16 inch  since I have ks16s already and I don't like the 16inches Wobbles when you bend the legs 

and when I look at the prices of v11 and master there's like 400eur difference and specs are wild in master comparing to v11 or s18

I am only happy to recommend wheels I have personally tried, and I loved my Gotway MSV3 for many years, which was a very solid and reliable 18 inch wheel. But way too old to recommend now, and I don't have experience of anything in the newer generations except the Master I'm afraid.

5 hours ago, Salihdkn said:

do you have suggestions that's not 16 inch  since I have ks16s already

Do note that any 16x3” EUC rides nothing like the 16S. 16x3” makes the outer tire diameter at least an inch larger.

and I don't like the 16inches Wobbles when you bend the legs 

I’m sorry to say but it’s not the tire diameter or the wheel that creates the wobbles. If it were, it would wobble with straight legs as well. It’s the way you tense your ankles, feet and legs when you bend your legs. Learn to bend your legs with relaxed angles and the wobbles are gone.

and when I look at the prices of v11 and master there's like 400eur difference and specs are wild in master comparing to v11 or s18

A luxury sedan is more expensive than a cheap but faster sports car. If the Master were built as well as the V11, it would cost a good bit more. In this case you get what you pay for.

• Like 1

The master is a beast but Im concerned about the controllers they're using. Mine was the latest batch and blew after a couple weeks of riding and I've found one other person who's blew in the same conditions, and another whos went bad for unrelated reasons.. The other worrying thing is that the batch of replacement controllers that were coming in to replace mine were also having issues so I have to wait for another batch.... They said problems taking firmware flash, and missing the thermal pad(less of a problem). While I love my master more than any of the other wheels I own, I'd have a hard time recommending it until I know the controllers are reliable. This wheel can pump out crazy power but Im not sure all the components are up to the task. For the price compared to other wheels, its really a great buy(ignoring the potential controller failure lol). And yea other people are right about needing fairing kits and some add on mods, but they are worth it and the overall cost is still around $4k which is what several new wheels cost. (That the master can leave in the dust btw)

Edited by CrunchyTire

On 11/14/2022 at 5:38 PM, Cerbera said:

Yes, there is a quite a lot of work / effort in getting a Master ready for weather, making it more likely to survive crashes and robust enough for every day use, as people have suggested. As mentioned in several video reviews of it, this machine is perfect for somebody that likes to sit at home, and tinker with stuff, regularly checking it over, taking care of it and improving it where you can.

However, what nobody is really mentioning is how much physical effort it takes to actually ride this machine for extended periods of time ! And woe betide if you ever have to pick it up; your back will protest for a long time afterwards ! If I had to be on a wheel ALL DAY for work, and that work involved constant mounts and dismounts the Master would not be my first choice. It's a great pleasure to ride for an hour or 2 at a time, and the ride feel itself is pure luxury, but I worry if you do it for a whole shift you'll be exhausted, because it takes so much more physical heft and concentration to remain in control of such a heavy wheel. Your weight / load distribution needs to be centred as well or it will affect your riding. It's not a wheel to be ridden when you are tired, ill, generally exhausted, or lack concentration ! High winds can literally blow you off it if not careful ! And because you are so high up, you will probably feel the need for a lot more armour than 'standard', which adds a weight and heft of its own. The Master may be the most exciting wheel I have ever been lucky enough to own but I get back from every trip on it feeling like I have had a comprehensive physical and mental workout ! :)

Maybe nobody is telling him that because its not a problem for them :lol:. These issues will vary based on riding history and conditioning. A v12 was my main ride before and the Master is very nimble and easy to maneuver compared to that. And if you're already conditioned for long rides the master is an easy transition without much more effort.  And depending what your pad setup is for lifting (I use clark pads) the master is easier to lift than my commander because you can lift from the kickstand in the back and get the wheel up to chest height easy. I live on the third floor and carry my master upstairs daily (when the controller isn't blown).

Im not saying you are wrong, you are right! Just that it wont be everyones experience. The master was my 5th wheel purchase and I ride solo for long distances regularly, so the transition to it was really natural for me.

As far as being high off the ground, I love it. You're like a king on your chariot looking down at all the peasants using FEET to walk. ugh.

Edited by CrunchyTire
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, CrunchyTire said:

Maybe nobody is telling him that because its not a problem for them :lol:

Oh quite possibly so ! :) Just thought it was worth a mention given that OP is coming from a much smaller, lighter wheel. I should clarify that I am quite tall, but only weigh 55 Kg, which may explain why I have to battle it more than regularly proportioned people ! Also never really stay on any wheel for more than a couple of hours at a time so you are right that I lack 'big ride' experience. I will say that in the first 3 weeks since getting the Master I have got a lot more used to it, and am starting to notice its weight less and less as my feeble muscles finally realise they need to lift their game !

1 hour ago, CrunchyTire said:

As far as being high off the ground, I love it. You're like a king on your chariot looking down at all the peasants using FEET to walk. ugh.

Yep, I love that too, most of the time, except for additional exposure to wind it gives you, and at road crossings where I have to wait for traffic, where I am now so tall that I have to bend down at a really awkward angle to hold on to yellow posts like these !

image.png.06fe2e79b6fbc27130365c7de4217160.png

On 11/14/2022 at 5:38 PM, Cerbera said:

However, what nobody is really mentioning is how much physical effort it takes to actually ride this machine for extended periods of time !

This is a good point... it's one thing to get on and just ride for a long time, another thing entirely to be getting on and off and on and off. Weight has to be managed and it takes energy, and with the height of the suspension wheels the weight is much higher so the effort to manhandle the wheel goes up accordingly.

I took the oompaloompa (S22) on the 43 km each way commute today and while I'm out of shape (haven't ridden the commute in about a month), I'm noticeably more worn out than I was riding the 16X or S18. I have to go to bed early tonight.

• Like 3