New batch 2 T4 suspension has a lot of play/slop

Hey guys I got my new T4 and I mostly like it except the suspension has a lot of slop that you can feel and hear. It reminds me of the V11 slop. But this is worse. When I hit small bumps or gaps in the sidewalk you can felt the pedals slide back and forth and sometimes it happens really quickly and violently. It's pretty uncomfortable tbh. It makes me not wanna keep the T4 which is a bit of a bummer because it rides fairly nicely. Feels mostly fine on bigger drops.

Are there sliders or something on the T4/Master that can cause this kind of play/slopp? I checked a bunch of the screws but found nothing even remotely loose. On the V11 I was able to mostly remedy the issue, but I don't see how to do that on the T4. 

28 minutes ago, Celt26 said:

Are there sliders or something on the T4/Master that can cause this kind of play/slopp?

Have a read/search through the Begode Master thread on the Forums here: "Begode Master 134V 2400WH Suspension". This is a known issue and has been discussed at length there by several Master owners!

Edited by fbhb

30 minutes ago, fbhb said:

Have a read/search through the Begode Master thread on the Forums here: "Begode Master 134V 2400WH Suspension". This is a known issue and has been discussed at length there by several Master owners!

Forsure thanks. Yeah I remember hearing about it. I'll go look through it. Did they ever find a solution? 

3 hours ago, Celt26 said:

Did they ever find a solution? 

Only a partial one. There is some play in the stanchion slider rings that can be tightened, but there also seems to be a software component to it that is yet to be remedied. Since yours sounds to be on the large side, I’m sure that the tips for the stanchions would already help a lot.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Only a partial one. There is some play in the stanchion slider rings that can be tightened, but there also seems to be a software component to it that is yet to be remedied. Since yours sounds to be on the large side, I’m sure that the tips for the stanchions would already help a lot.

Are you talking about the two heedless slider adjust screws or whatever they are?

I've been playing with them but it's a tedious balance between be to tight and too lost and rattley. 

2 hours ago, Celt26 said:

Are you talking about the two heedless slider adjust screws or whatever they are?

I've been playing with them but it's a tedious balance between be to tight and too lost and rattley. 

They say that one should 3D print a ring underneath the brass slider rings to make the adjustment worthwhile. Not sure how or why it works.

Does the rattle stop if you overtighten the screws? If not, there is also some play somewhere else.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mrelwood said:

They say that one should 3D print a ring underneath the brass slider rings to make the adjustment worthwhile. Not sure how or why it works.

Does the rattle stop if you overtighten the screws? If not, there is also some play somewhere else.

No it doesn't entirely but it gets a lot better. Even when I tighten them down it's either too tight and there's tons of friction or to loss and it rattles and is loose and annoying. I don't know where else there is but I'm just feeling done with it. Think I'm gonna sell it and get an S22. At least I know how to fix that wheel. 

2 hours ago, mrelwood said:

Could you link where you saw people talking about this 3d printed ring and the benefits of it?

2 hours ago, Celt26 said:

Could you link where you saw people talking about this 3d printed ring and the benefits of it?

Read back on the main Master thread a few pages and you should find it.

6 hours ago, Celt26 said:

This YouTube video from @EMA, with what he did to his Master may help you out:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 11/4/2022 at 1:02 AM, EMA said:

tnx @fbhb for the link

i've done probably 400km with those rings right now and they are stable, worth a try imho

I'm not sure they will fix the slack issue I'm having