At Alienrides, the top selling euc's are mostly Begode's, and weighs 64 lbs. or heavier

On 10/14/2022 at 8:00 AM, Funky said:

Or if the wheel has all the bells and whistles, or are built like real motorcycle, not like a "toy" i would pay the premium. 

Then again i'm talking about "real" build quality - which i haven't seen in these wheels. Wood screws in plastic, high power wires dangling/exposed, two sided tape, list goes on... :D I have already given over on that dream, you can't expect "much" from China and their quality. Most we can get is subpar - that gets "fixed" over many years.

By the time someone makes your dream 'high quality', lower powered, lightweight wheel, it'd cost the same as a T4...

And from the sales results of the hero and resolute, we know that customers only care about specs and not 'higher quality' if it costs extra

32 minutes ago, Murdomeek said:

By the time someone makes your dream 'high quality', lower powered, lightweight wheel, it'd cost the same as a T4...

And from the sales results of the hero and resolute, we know that customers only care about specs and not 'higher quality' if it costs extra

Drop in ocean. One country sales doesn't mean whole world. (Anyone who mentions sales/market/etc can go ... themselves.) :D  New shiny toys sell. Big surprise. New lightweight wheel also would sell. T4/Master/Hero/S22/V13.. Literally every new wheel is from heavy class. If market has only new heavy wheels - guess what sells...

This forum literally is the drop in ocean. Same as youtube reviewers. You think anyone would want to watch old/small/weak wheel? Ofc bigger - the better. Real world and use cases are different story. Also most normal user don't change wheels each year like socks. They buy one wheel that can do everything they need. My case it was easy choice - lightest 18" wheel. That was made in idk what year.. And till tis day nothing better has been made. 

Even on this forums there are quit many who cares for higher quality. (I bet even you care for quality.) We simply don't get higher quality.. And most simply look past quality issues. Because they themselves fix the wheels. 3D printed protectors. Mods.. So on..

On 10/13/2022 at 10:26 AM, techyiam said:

The market chose the Master over the Hero, and Begode will respond accordingly for future products. Basically, it just reaffirms their original formula. 

Even so, Begode is gradually addressing water resistance.

Yeah people still have a mental block about the Hero. They describe their dream wheel as almost exactly the Hero, then when you mention the Hero they have a visceral reaction. It even comes in four variations on aliexpress. High torque/high speed and offroad wheel/street wheel.

The Market didn't choose one over the other, Begode literally priced the Hero out of the market. The Hero was only a thought for at most... a month until better wheels for cheaper were announced? It is heavy, still not built well, and still not waterproof. I almost bought one because they are competitively priced by vendors trying to offload them before they are dead product, but the recent Go George Go!! teardown to replace the tire singlehandedly convinced me to stay away from that wheel.(Extreme dust build up inside the "waterproof" controller, heavy use of plastic clips/tabs, screws hidden in inconvenient places)

My ideal wheel is still an RS HT with S18 suspension. I would never need to buy a new trail wheel again.

• Upvote 3

On 10/14/2022 at 6:37 AM, jtm94 said:

Last year the top wheels were the V11, RS, and Sherman.

V11 has a 1500Wh battery and maxes out at 55km/h. Roughly half of the current behemoths, yet it's one of the most sold wheels even in the US. Besides being introduced in 2020, making it an older wheel. If markets have spoken, this is what they said.

Small wheels will always continue to sell to a less vocal market

Ain't that the truth! Their owners won't participate in surveys at an enthusiast forum. Or buy from Ewheels or other EUC shop that we enthusiasts eagerly follow.

If you want proof of small wheels still selling look at Amazon

Exactly, great point!

Without a breakthrough in physics there isn't a way to make improvements to smaller wheels.

But of course there is, numerous! Usable headlight, hollow core motor, display, improved ride modes, improved sensitivity settings, suspension, 3" tire, ... and so on. Their designs often predate 2019, so they have LOTS to improve on.

An S18XL or whatever they would call it would be a phenomenal wheel.

I agree. I don't like the current S18 much at all, but with a properly functioning suspension tubing, non-binding linkage, a comfy shell design, non-suicidal motor cable routing, and a 20s4p battery it wouldn't weigh more than the V11. And it would be an instant hit.

On 10/14/2022 at 5:17 PM, wheelyboy said:

Speed is way more sexy than improved longevity and battery safety from a marketing perspective.

Yet the V11 has been one of the best sellers, even in the US enthusiast shops. And yet the actual really small V8 and S2 sized wheels still sell constantly. Sex sells, but so do suitable specs.

10 hours ago, Murdomeek said:

Correction, we know that Begode customers only care about specs. Because they don't have anything else than top speed and high power. No comfort, no practicality, no durability, etc.

From the sales results of slower and lighter wheels we know that no matter how hard the manufacturers try to swipe their old models under the rug, they still keep selling. If either MCM5, V8, V10 or 16S suddenly got a potent successor, it could pretty easily take over the whole market sector. And even many enthusiasts would want to upgrade their old low end park gobbler model as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

23 hours ago, mrelwood said:

But of course there is, numerous! Usable headlight, hollow core motor, display, improved ride modes, improved sensitivity settings, suspension, 3" tire, ... and so on. Their designs often predate 2019, so they have LOTS to improve on.

I suppose this is all true. I don't value a display at all I think it is incredibly silly, but having voltage readout is handy. Even the new wheels could use better lights that I 100% agree upon. They could make some of the older wheels beastly with a wider tire and slightly higher pedals. I am mixed on whether hollow bore would help most of the smaller wheels, because we all know that solid axle is better against water, and the smaller wheels tend to be most people's commuters or last mile transportation. I retract what I said about nothing to improve upon, it's only really the performance that won't be increasing any time soon, but every other aspect of the build quality and ride feel can still be improved upon.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, jtm94 said:

it's only really the performance that won't be increasing any time soon, but every other aspect of the build quality and ride feel can still be improved upon.

Exactly! The new car models that come out every year don't improve on the power and speed of the fastest cars of last year either. In fact most new cars that are sold are at the lower end of the power spectrum.

Granted, new electric cars do not always support this claim, but even they aren't competing with the fastest e-cars of previous years. 

On 10/19/2022 at 7:50 PM, jtm94 said:

but the recent Go George Go!! teardown to replace the tire singlehandedly convinced me to stay away from that wheel.(Extreme dust build up inside the "waterproof" controller, heavy use of plastic clips/tabs, screws hidden in inconvenient places)

You're missing out. All George had to do was go to youtube and look up how to open up a Hero. 

Dust can travel in ways that water can't. Let me know when you ever see actual water in the controller top section.

And let me guess, we're still pretending the Hero has a $4000 price tag, and that reliability isn't a huge factor when comparing the Hero to the Master or S22?

• Like 1