KS s22 wont charge anymore?

RoboFixIt

I wonder if a fuse blew or the fan died in the charger? Anyone else seen an issue like this before?

This is a brand new s22 with only a few charge cycles and all of a sudden it wont charge anymore....

Anyway I'm sad and looking for a new hobby at this point...

6 hours ago, ElectronxCycles said:

This is a brand new s22 with only a few charge cycles and all of a sudden it wont charge anymore....

Anyway I'm sad and looking for a new hobby at this point...

Sorry to hear. And I don't blame you.

For Vancouver, I think by now, the V12 should be among the least troublesome wheels.

If you bought your S22 from EEVEES, they would sort it out for you?

Edited by techyiam

On 10/2/2022 at 4:43 PM, techyiam said:

For Vancouver, I think by now, the V12 should be among the least troublesome wheels.

v12 is a really nice wheel but they all have issues sooner or later. I really like the v12 HT! Something about that orange rim idk looks really cool! :DI think I have tried just about every EUC and I find having backups is really the best way to stay on the road. This forum is a really helpful database for trying to fix wheels that go down for sure! I think the next wheel I get is going to be a Sherman Max but totally thinking about a v12 or v13 one day for sure!

On 10/2/2022 at 4:43 PM, techyiam said:

If you bought your S22 from EEVEES, they would sort it out for you?

No I didn't purchase it from them.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, gon2fast said:

What happens with BMS monitor in the KS application when you plug it in? 

Everything works perfectly until I plug it in. Once I plug it in the charger shuts down so that leads me to believe the charger is the source of the issue. Also note that the s22 is working 100% other than the charging issue, it still rides fine and all systems functions seem normally.

I just uploaded my BMS details here:

4 minutes ago, ElectronxCycles said:

they all have issues sooner or later.

And you are not wrong. New batch issues is really "a thing" in the euc world. I guess the difference will be the severity, and the number of issues.

For me, the S22 has exceeded the threshold that I am willing to deal with. On the other hand, on hindsight, I would say my experience with my V12 was tolerable in comparison. Judging by the build quality between the V12 and the T3, I would say the V12 is going to last a long time.

15 minutes ago, ElectronxCycles said:

I find having backups is really the best way to stay on the road.

That is for sure. 

16 minutes ago, ElectronxCycles said:

I think the next wheel I get is going to be a Sherman Max but totally thinking about a v12 or v13 one day for sure!

I see. It sounds like you are advancing up the ladder. And the Sherman Max sounds like a solid wheel.  I am looking for headroom myself. Sometimes, I am finding my self riding on main streets going 60+ km/h to try stay ahead of cars.

Update: Disassembled the s22 charger yesterday, tested the fuses, the fan etc and everything was working. New suspect is the little PCB with LED's that's stuck to the side of the charger with silicone but good luck trying to this little board anywhere online...

• 2 weeks later...

Yea I’m having almost the same issues. My stock charger just stays on standby and the s22 screen doesn’t do anything. But when I plug in my 10a fast charger. It works. 

Edited by I2x2
  • Like 2

I just had my stock charger fail to charge my S22. Tried both ports, tried several times. Left the charger in sunlight and charged a different wheel. While that was charging, tried S22 again and it worked. Put charger in sunlight for 30 min, put another load on the circuit, or just try again later. Unsure which fixed it for me, but it's one data point in the correct direction.

Edited by RideEUC
Increase clarity of message, add missing detail.
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/20/2022 at 2:52 PM, RideEUC said:

I just had my stock charger fail to charge my S22. Tried both ports, tried several times. Left the charger in sunlight and charged a different wheel. While that was charging, tried S22 again and it worked. Put charger in sunlight for 30 min, put another load on the circuit, or just try again later. Unsure which fixed it for me, but it's one data point in the correct direction.

Wait. The charger requires pre-sunbathing to work? Good thing I cancelled then, sun don't shine much round these parts.

I got around 15 charges without issue, then yesterday it happened again. Best advice is to try again half an hout later, and again an hour later. Hour later fixed it for me this time.

The Abrams is really heavy and feels so stable. It's easy to keep the wheel upright while leaning into a turn. With the S22, I can't keep it upright while turning, the S22 will lean over with me. I go jumping everyday on the S22, don't really ride Abrams anymore.

Edited by RideEUC
Typo

10 hours ago, RideEUC said:

The Abrams is really heavy and feels so stable. It's easy to keep the wheel upright while leaning into a turn. With the S22, I can't keep it upright while turning, the S22 will lean over with me.

That’s purely a tire feature. The S22 knobby, like most knobbies, indeed behave like that. I disliked it quite a bit on my test ride.

If you want to change the behavior, change to a non-knobby. Heidenau K66 is a favorite for many, and it stays upright rather well.

12 hours ago, RideEUC said:

The Abrams is really heavy and feels so stable. It's easy to keep the wheel upright while leaning into a turn.

How is braking on your Abrams compared to your S22?

Do you ride motorcycles, and hang-off in corners?  

On euc's, do you prefer to "hang-off" during cornering, or not? By hanging off on an euc, I mean the upper body is leaned way over, on the inside of the turn.

Edited by techyiam

The speed warning beeps on the Abrams are much easier to hear. Too many times I've caught myself accidentally riding the tip back on the S22. 

Braking on the Abrams is scary. One time, slowing down a bit faster than usual caused cutoff, which was lame, then on acceleration the motor was struggling. 

I definitely lean motorcycles with me. I only turned hanging off with the Abrams.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

So my S22 won't charge. It stays in passive mode, so there is nor voltage applied to the plug. The S22 doesn't recognize something is being plugged it.

This occured after I installed a new motherboard, because my S22 had the motor issue which burned my old motherboard. But I didn't knew that at the time, so I plugged in the charger anyway. It showed a red error Message, I unplugged it, and 3 months later it doesn't work with the new motherboard. 

I already checked:

continuity between all cable's and connections. Everything is as supposed to be.

if the 4.5v from the motherboard get send to the charger, to signal it should start charging. The get there, nothing happens.

The chargeport and plug are clean and damageless.

The BMS is in good condition. Everything else also works as supposed to.

I cannot: take another charger to verify where the error is, because the next guy with the same charger is literally 400km away. A new charger costs damn 200.

What can I measure or do to make Shure it's either the motherboard or charger. 

• Upvote 1