Euc options for 300lbs?

Definitely don't go for things like KS-16S or V8, you'll destroy them very quickly. They aren't built for heavy riders.

Most bigger (19' and up) wheels should suffice. Begode MSX/MSP/RS/EX.N/Monster are old good design, very sturdy. Veteran wheels are also built like tanks. My MSX is 10k km and counting.

Other people have to fill in for Inmotion or KingSong, I have no idea about them.

Edited by atdlzpae

i would go with minimun 6p 2700wh battery for you weight. and minimum 20" tire. 

best available options imo would be EXN, Monster Pro, Sherman max, EX20, Master Pro, or Master X 

in the future, you will also be able to consider the Sherman S, the V13, the EX30.

caution though, none of these are starter wheels. they are all extremely heavy. you would be best imo to find a used msx/msp/rs to learn on. you just need a beater to learn to ride with. something lighter than the huge wheels named above so you can actually build your muscles up and scratch it up without fear of damaging your brand new wheel. then you can sell the beater probably mear cost what you pay for it and buy the huge end game wheel you desire

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Eucheavyweight said:

I have been looking around for euc's that can hold my weight and aren't so pricey I understand that there will be a premium, but was just wondering what wheels I can get for someone of my weight, thoughts?

Your weight is over for almost all EUC models weight limits. So, from liability standpoint you are on your own. The weight limit is the minimum of different weight criteria. Let's look them one by one.

Pedels and their axles need to support your weight. Most modern wheels have sturdy enough pedals. If they fail, it is easy to fix with new pedal or axle.

Wheel axle diameter needs to be at least 25 mm (1") for your weight.

Problems with bearings come mostly from corrosion. If axle is thick enough, the bearing will also likely last long enough under your load.

Motor and battery power won't be a problem, if you limit how you ride. A medium weight rider can overpower most current wheels. You just need to take it easier.

Don't look narrower than 3" tire. A larger tire diameter also helps to support weight.

Suspension is optional. You can be sure the suspension system is not made for your weight. You will need to rework it, if you want it.

Current models without suspension suitable for heavier riders are (in no order) Extreme Bull X-Max, Begode RS, EX.N & Monster Pro and Veteran Sherman Max. Models with suspension are Begode Hero, Master & EX20 and Kingsong KS-S22. Some new models are available very soon, but yet there is not enough information to make recommendations. The MSP and MSX recommended in previous comments have too thin axle for you.

• Like 1

My dad owns KS-16S and i as 280lbs ridder have ridden it without any problems. Ofc no curb jumping and no off-roading just smooth roads. (I know i'm to heavy for this wheel..)

I personally use ks18xl and have had no problems. Still i don't jump curbs - i step off lift on/off bigger/regular curbs and keep going.

Also at your weight, you will need M/C tire replacement. All regular euc tires are rated to 90kg (200lbs). Wheel weight + your 300lbs, that's 125-150lbs over the tire rating. (For my it was 100-130lbs over the rating.) Doh i rode around 500km with the original tire.

As another heavy rider i recommend finding a wheel with at least 18x3" tire. Yeah you may think that 2.5 vs 3" isn't big difference.. But in real world it is a lot. (Even now i wish i had truly 3" wheel, but ks18xl has 2.5" tire.)

If wheel weight isn't a problem. (No need to carry, can be pushed around.) I highly recommend Sherman Max, EX20S. In my mind they are one of the "better" wheels out there. But sadly to heavy for my liking..

Edited by Funky
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Funky said:

My dad owns KS-16S and i as 280lbs ridder have ridden it without any problems. Ofc no curb jumping and no off-roading just smooth roads. (I know i'm to heavy for this wheel..)

I'm happy your KS-16S is doing well. I absolutely murdered my own after 1000km. :D

KS-16S has also one important disadvantage - MSX is much more stable for a heavy rider. Moving to a bigger wheel was like getting +10 to riding skill for free.

Edited by atdlzpae

18 minutes ago, atdlzpae said:

I'm happy your KS-16S is doing well. I absolutely murdered my own after 1000km. :D

KS-16S has also one important disadvantage - MSX is much more stable for a heavy rider. Moving to a bigger wheel was like getting +10 to riding skill for free.

I said it's my dads wheel. :D When i was buying my own wheel, i 100% knew that KS-16S was simply in all manner speaking to "small" - build/speed/wheel.. 

I agree 18xl vs 16s. 18xl feels so stable and so easy to ride, even at slow "old granny" speed. But 16s feels more squirrely/unstable. (I even got lifted pedals and still feels so stable.)

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting nobody's suggested KS-16X yet. As a new 265lb rider, that's what I chose. It's rated for up to 330 lbs, and with 2200W motor on a 16" wheel it has most linear torque (pull power) out of all EUCs tested so far. 3" wide tire helps carry the load and deal with rough road conditions.

Edited by superox

2 hours ago, superox said:

Interesting nobody's suggested KS-16X yet. As a new 265lb rider, that's what I chose. It's rated for up to 330 lbs, and with 2200W motor on a 16" wheel it has most linear torque (pull power) out of all EUCs tested so far. 3" wide tire helps carry the load and deal with rough road conditions.

Actually it's rated to 265lbs. 18xl was rated (at least most pages/info sheets at 330lbs) 16x have seen mostly at 265lbs. 

But in reality i think they both are rated at 265lbs. At least 16x for sure.. As it has the "weaker" axle design.

(If you compare where wires come out of axle side. On 18xl wire come out of axle where it's "thicker" metal. On 16x wires come out of the thinner metal part - it can get bent/cracked easier.) If you don't believe my, i can find/show some images. (I got my 18xl axle images. Need to find some 16x axle images.) Don't know if they ever fixed that flaw. So it naturally should have less max carry weight..

Edited by Funky

1 hour ago, superox said:

Great, now I'm anxious about it. At least I know not to handle the wheel rough.

I'm 280lbs and i even rode ks16s. :D I personally don't even jump curbs. So i don't break the euc. Stepping on/off for a second is worth a lot more, than fixing broken/bent axle. Doh i maybe step on/off once/twice a ride..

You can check this topic about axle.. 16x "wire hole" was on the thinner metal - the metal on which pedals attaches.. (Last two of my images, the place where the yellow "o-ring" is.)

Edited by Funky