Extremebull Commander Pro (134.4v,3600wh,suspension)

Greg X

20 minutes ago, GitDatPC said:

Waiting on the red handles next 😁

20230501_163458.jpg

Beautiful. I wonder if EB will offer a different mudguard as an upgrade option. I know Marty and some others said that it was difficult to get on and maybe wouldn't hold up with the small screws.  

10 hours ago, GitDatPC said:

Waiting on the red handles next 😁

20230501_163458.jpg

That wheel is looking sexy. I like the red pedals but not willing to pay for them lol

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, techyiam said:

Marty posted in EUC Underground saying that after a thousand miles, the Commander Pro's feels "gritty". I believe he was implying that the Commander Pro was degrading in some way. His comment gave me the impression that the Commander Pro wasn't going to last as well as some other wheel, maybe something like the EX30. If the Commander Pro is as durable as the average electric wheel, I would be interested.

What doesn't instill confidence are the words "Hot Trash" used in the title of Eevees's review video on the Commander Pro. And in this video, Eevees announces that they won't be carrying the Extreme Bull brand anymore. 

However, Chance is sponsored or supported in some way by Eevees, even for this Commander Pro review video, yet Eevees doesn't sell the thing.

Moreover, there are plenty of positive reviews on the Sherman-S, and to a lesser degree on the EX30. But still quite a few. Then you have people like Marty and Roger who have had the chance to ride all the wheels and at the end decided to buy the EX30 for themselves. How do you beat that for endorsement. Meanwhile, there were hardly any talk on the Commander Pro. And if there are, they first give you a warning not to buy until quality improves.

I think Chance's review video on the Commander Pro is one of the few videos that don't warn you of poor build quality.

The thing is, the videos out there right now…the Eevee’s video, the ones by the SoCal riding group (Marty, Dawn, Roger), heck, even Ronin’s video that came out just a week or so ago and possibly even Chance’s video are based on Batch 1 or 2 wheels, and already a bit outdated. “Later batch wheels” like Batch 3 is already coming this month for some folks with nearly all of the cons of these videos addressed. The display is outdated yes, but not a dealbreaker on my end since I use a phone on a wrist case.

I’m not exactly sure what Marty means about the suspension ”feeling gritty” but at least for my suspension wheel the EX20S, it just means I need to add some lubricant which is standard maintenance for every 500 miles. I don’t think it was an indication of a faulty or poor quality suspension. If anything, that was the only thing the Eevee’s video praised about the wheel, and of course, high praises from Chance and Ronin for the fork style suspension. I honestly think the CPro will end up being one of the tankier wheels out there for durability.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EUC Sharkman said:

The thing is, the videos out there right now…the Eevee’s video, the ones by the SoCal riding group (Marty, Dawn, Roger), heck, even Ronin’s video that came out just a week or so ago and possibly even Chance’s video are based on Batch 1 or 2 wheels, and already a bit outdated. “Later batch wheels” like Batch 3 is already coming this month for some folks with nearly all of the cons of these videos addressed. The display is outdated yes, but not a dealbreaker on my end since I use a phone on a wrist case, 

Marty received initially a batch 1 wheel. There were things that he didn't like, and his feedback was acted upon by Extreme Bull. Subsequently, a batch 2 was made and was sent directly to Marty for review. Marty was not impressed with the improvements because they were essentially superficial changes. For example, the taillight is just a board with LED's inserted into the rear lift handle. No waterproofing, and no connector. The flimsy wires were soldered onto the board with no strain relief. In batch 2, they added a blob of silicone on the solder joint to act as strain relief. So, it was all very underwhelming. Marty basically gave up on the Commander Pro, it seemed.

I am  still waiting on batch 3 owners to share their experiences.

My concern is not primarily focused on what the issues pointed out in the videos. It goes deeper. Apparently, a dealer/distributors has suggested to Extreme Bull to have their wheels manufactured in a Begode's facility in order to improve quality. Eevees decided to stop carrying the Extreme Bull brand altogether.

From watching the videos, I did not see anything that was so fundamentally wrong with the Commander Pro. And many have said the suspension works very well. And it appears it handles well too and is quite responsive. 

But EUC Underground is currently working on a second EX30 shipment. So the demand for the EX30 is there. One has to wonder. Is the grass greener on the other side of the fence?

1 hour ago, techyiam said:

Marty received initially a batch 1 wheel. There were things that he didn't like, and his feedback was acted upon by Extreme Bull. Subsequently, a batch 2 was made and was sent directly to Marty for review. Marty was not impressed with the improvements because they were essentially superficial changes. For example, the taillight is just a board with LED's inserted into the rear lift handle. No waterproofing, and no connector. The flimsy wires were soldered onto the board with no strain relief. In batch 2, they added a blob of silicone on the solder joint to act as strain relief. So, it was all very underwhelming. Marty basically gave up on the Commander Pro, it seemed.

I am  still waiting on batch 3 owners to share their experiences.

My concern is not primarily focused on what the issues pointed out in the videos. It goes deeper. Apparently, a dealer/distributors has suggested to Extreme Bull to have their wheels manufactured in a Begode's facility in order to improve quality. Eevees decided to stop carrying the Extreme Bull brand altogether.

From watching the videos, I did not see anything that was so fundamentally wrong with the Commander Pro. And many have said the suspension works very well. And it appears it handles well too and is quite responsive. 

But EUC Underground is currently working on a second EX30 shipment. So the demand for the EX30 is there. One has to wonder. Is the grass greener on the other side of the fence?

EX30 is no doubt a great wheel, possibly one of the best Begode out of their iterations over the past year. Finally gives folks a great long range suspension speedy street cruiser which they haven’t really had in their stable yet. It’s popular in my local area and is going to be popular in the community for sure.

I flip flopped a lot between deciding to purchase either wheel, essentially similar pricing. Do I want another big bulky street cruiser wheel that requires extra costs in fairing and modding to make it ride the way I want? Do I want to bother with that weird EX30 charge board issue that loses voltage when the wheel is powered down? I regularly enjoy rides of all kinds so I want a wheel that can do it all, enjoyably and not just getting by. I feel that’s really where the Commander Pro shines and where I feel I’d regret it if I decided on the EX30 instead.

Batch 3 owners will pop up this month. I’ll provide my thoughts as well when I get mine.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, EUC Sharkman said:

I flip flopped a lot between deciding to purchase either wheel, essentially similar pricing. Do I want another big bulky street cruiser wheel that requires extra costs in fairing and modding to make it ride the way I want? Do I want to bother with that weird EX30 charge board issue that loses voltage when the wheel is powered down? I regularly enjoy rides of all kinds so I want a wheel that can do it all, enjoyably and not just getting by. I feel that’s really where the Commander Pro shines and where I feel I’d regret it if I decided on the EX30 instead.

Good points. Plus it's moving target. Once you get used to a new wheel, you may like it more. So it is always never a sure thing that you have bought the best wheel. 

But it is all good. It may take longer to decide, but having cool wheels to choose from is a good thing, and I don't think there is a bad wheel here. 

37 minutes ago, EUC Sharkman said:

Batch 3 owners will pop up this month. I’ll provide my thoughts as well when I get mine.

That would be great. Thanks.

• Like 1

my wheel is actually a batch 3, and there's nothing to say about it except it's great.

• they can improve the light beam (too narrow)
  • the rear light cable need to be 3cm longer
  • some cables could be better sealed but they are not bad (i mean batteries and motor )
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, EUC Sharkman said:

EX30 is no doubt a great wheel, possibly one of the best Begode out of their iterations over the past year. Finally gives folks a great long range suspension speedy street cruiser which they haven’t really had in their stable yet. It’s popular in my local area and is going to be popular in the community for sure.

Everyone keeps saying EB will release CNC trolley handle and CNC side grips in future batches, but for some reason I won't believe it until I see it. From what I'm seeing online, these CNC parts are expensive. I am having my doubts they will actually do this. EMA says he has batch 3, but I was told batch 3 would have the CNC handles, etc., which EMA does not have on his. I have a feeling most people have no idea when or if they will release CNC handles in future batches.

Batch 1 was not worth the buy imo. Batch 2 was starting to look justifiable. Then they started selling 3K Commander Pros online (EUC Ungerground also selling with CNC parts with the CP for 3,200K), and it was at this point the wheel was "worth it" for me. I have also been following those who have been testing the wheel and it looks solid and somewhat exceeded my expectations as far as suspension durability and ride quality.

To me, the V13 wasn't part of the equation when deciding which EUC to choose. It was mainly the Sherman-S and Commander Pro for me. The EX30 was too bulky and a bit overkill for my needs for delivery, and I personally still do not like the battery placement on it; it is also the heaviest of the bunch. With the Sherman-S you will have to buy nearly 400 dollar foot plates on top of the 4100K wheel, and it was not 134V, which was something I wanted because I never had. When it comes down to the EX30, CP, and the Sherman-S, it still feels like a personal preference is what will tip people one way or the other imo. If it wasn't for the CP's batch 1 flop, I think the wheel would been less of a sleeper... but now the wheel looks damn sweet

I keep thinking that I bought my Sherman Max for 3800K, and I bought the Commander Pro for 3K (3200K after taxes). The CP is currently CHEAPER than the Sherman Max, which is weird when you think about it being newer with more attributes to it

Edited by BKW
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, BKW said:

Everyone keeps saying EB will release CNC trolley handle and CNC side grips in future batches, but for some reason I won't believe it until I see it. From what I'm seeing online, these CNC parts are expensive. I am having my doubts they will actually do this. EMA says he has batch 3, but I was told batch 3 would have the CNC handles, etc., which EMA does not have on his. I have a feeling most people have no idea when or if they will release CNC handles in future batches.

Batch 1 was not worth the buy imo. Batch 2 was starting to look justifiable. Then they started selling 3K Commander Pros online (EUC Ungerground also selling with CNC parts with the CP for 3,200K), and it was at this point the wheel was "worth it" for me. I have also been following those who have been testing the wheel and it looks solid and somewhat exceeded my expectations as far as suspension durability and ride quality.

To me, the V13 wasn't part of the equation when deciding which EUC to choose. It was mainly the Sherman-S and Commander Pro for me. The EX30 was too bulky and a bit overkill for my needs for delivery, and I personally still do not like the battery placement on it; it is also the heaviest of the bunch. With the Sherman-S you will have to buy nearly 400 dollar foot plates on top of the 4100K wheel, and it was not 134V, which was something I wanted because I never had. When it comes down to the EX30, CP, and the Sherman-S, it still feels like a personal preference is what will tip people one way or the other imo. If it wasn't for the CP's batch 1 flop, I think the wheel would been less of a sleeper... but now the wheel looks damn sweet

I keep thinking that I bought my Sherman Max for 3800K, and I bought the Commander Pro for 3K (3200K after taxes). The CP is currently CHEAPER than the Sherman Max, which is weird when you think about it being newer with more attributes to it

I literally posted a video of the cnc trolley/handles from EB a few posts ago.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ronin Ryder said:

I literally posted a video of the cnc trolley/handles from EB a few posts ago.

I'm talking about if they'll include both the trolley and handles in later batches..not whether you bought them separately or not, which it looks like you bought them separately.

Nonetheless, I'm not saying it won't happen. I'm just skeptical

Edited by BKW

Looks really cool! Can you explain the differences (pros/cons) of the CNC side handles over the plastic ones? As far as I understand, the plastic ones are sharp and uncomfortable? What's the difference you notice now that you have the CNC?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kakes11 said:

DANNNGGGGGG, that's fire

I’m told the proper vernacular these days is “Fye” and no longer the aforementioned, “Fire.” Apparently the “R” is a consonant too far for the youth. My normal world is college and late teen athletes. I need an interpreter every once in a while.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, TheNotoriousEUC said:

I’m told the proper vernacular these days is “Fye” and no longer the aforementioned, “Fire.” Apparently the “R” is a consonant too far for the youth. My normal world is college and late teen athletes. I need an interpreter every once in a while.

"Word".

I've found as I age I use terms like "word", which are completely outdated, but still a hit in my world lol... and that's all that matters ;)

"Bro" has slipped its snaky way into my vocab and I somewhat despise that it has because when I use it I feel dumber

Edited by BKW
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, BKW said:

My commander pro wasn’t supposed to show up until the end of the month but as I leave my apartment today I notice the huge box laying in front of my door. There was no tracking on it the whole time so this is both a little concerning but also a pleasant surprise. I may just take the day off today :)

Happy Cinco De Mayo :clap3: