Alienrides carbon knee and elbow pads?

46 minutes ago, yoos said:

To be fair, it's the same with Leatt dual axis: the "leatt" branded version is 4-3 times more expensive than the "Riding tribe" version (which is either a replica or possibly literally the same product). Some people say they are identical and are surely from the same factory while others claim "Riding Tribe" has inferior materials/qc. My leatts recently cracked a bit so I am waiting for the "Riding tribe" to compare them (will report on the forum).

I know a rider that went with the off brand, I think they broke two sets—the cheapies did their job, but sacrificed themselves in the process so the savings were short lived. Rider is generously sized though, they might stand up better if you're less large.

Edited by Tawpie

@Bizra6ot great points, and thanks for the video link. Top comment from the video is top-notch too.

the d30 is curved upward allowing more energy to flow to the outside edges than its competitors... please redo the test with a flat piece of d30 and make sure all the dimensions are exactly the same for all pieces.

I'm surprised they didn't delete it (and others) or just not allow commenting as anyone who reads it will immediately understand that the was inherently biased to guarantee "failure" of the competitor materials. Without this type of discussion, many would probably watch the video and think "D3O good, everything else bad, must buy D3O" which is what they're going for obviously. At the very least kudos to them for allowing comments.

Anyway, out of all the problems one could have, having an excess of capital to burn is not the worst :P. I wouldn't want to be worried about scratching my safety equipment and ruining the clear-coat though!

I've taken so many hits with my Leatt Dual Axis both MTB and with EUC that I'm surprised (pleasantly) I'm still on my first pair. I keep thinking I'll get another as a backup (they've been saved in the Cart for a couple years now). They're reasonably priced, perfectly suited for EUC. It's an already solved problem.

As for the elbow pads, looks like they'd interfere with the Flexmeters, if so that'd be an automatic no-go for me anyway.

Edited by Vanturion
unnecessary negativity

4 hours ago, yoos said:

To be fair, it's the same with Leatt dual axis: the "leatt" branded version is 4-3 times more expensive than the "Riding tribe" version (which is either a replica or possibly literally the same product). Some people say they are identical and are surely from the same factory while others claim "Riding Tribe" has inferior materials/qc. My leatts recently cracked a bit so I am waiting for the "Riding tribe" to compare them (will report on the forum).

Actually the price difference is smaller and if you also consider durability the Leatt's are much better bargain.

11 minutes ago, Eucner said:

Actually the price difference is smaller and if you also consider durability the Leatt's are much better bargain.

That is true in general, but not currently in Russia where the dual axis is currently priced at 140$-150$ (visa and mastercard withdrew from Russia [this primarily hit poor/middle-class people since rich/connected people just issue a card from a foreign bank, e.g. China, Kazakhstan etc]. International shopping is thus reduced to aliexpress and local distributors of western goods have hiked up prices due to absence of competition).

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/31/2022 at 10:26 AM, Bizra6ot said:

$210 without any torsional protection, you can get MX knee braces with a rated impact level for less, or much better protection for the same price

It looks like it's $100+ for an AR logo lol

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3256803019353611.html?gatewayAdapt=4itemAdapt

Wow... these definitely look like the Nobleman set too