Hurting foot...

quickbot

Hey all. Any idea why foot hurt while riding euc? Ive tried three diferent types of shoes, stock and cnc pedals....they start to hurt about few km in, i rest at half of distance...about 8km and sometimes it stops, but most times it hurt for all the distance so i need to move foot alot while riding.   At work atlrast 8hrs im on foot, all time moving...so i have ok physical...   and stance is where i feel comfortable is right one straight with toes abit over pedal, but left one between 10 and 11 o clockand toeas about 2cms not reaching top of tge pedal.

Thermal socks (above regular socks) inside MC boots are the most comfortable ride for me over extended distances. And my boots are ever so slightly too big which means I can flex and move my feet subtly within them without changing foot position in pedals, which also eliminates fatigue. If you were on an EUC I would ask if you are bending your knees enough and using them as shock absorbers effectively, but I think your scooter has suspension right ? 

Edited by Cerbera
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

Thermal socks (above regular socks) inside MC boots are the most comfortable ride for me over extended distances. And my boots are ever so slightly too big which means I can flex and move my feet subtly within them without changing foot position in pedals, which also eliminates fatigue. If you were on an EUC I would ask if you are bending your knees enough and using them as shock absorbers effectively, but I think your scooter has suspension right ? 

Yes, on euc, and yea i bend knees. But not sure why on pedals even if you hold at sonethibg and stay still...still hurt foot. If you get off and rest a bit, it gets normal again.   I tried  angling pedals, both ways didnt change that, only at plus degrees feels lije you will fall off even at plus2 and higher 🙃

You may be instinctively trying to grab the pedals with your toes. This can lead to tense feet/leg muscles and then pain. Be conscious of what your toes and soles are doing and relax/wiggle them if you feel they are tense. Get a nice confortable stance for overall more muscle relaxedness.

In the end you are standing on an unmoving but instable flat hard surface, it's bound to be uncomfortable eventually (I think). Practice can help, as can other things like soft shoes and whatnot.

• Like 2

IMO Its a long journey, I could not ride more than 8-10 minutes* without a little rest at first myself, I walk alot in my work too but the muscles in the feet definitely need time to adjust to this new unconventional way of using your feet.

*ftr I did have hard mode on all the time and have never turned it off.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

My favorite shoes to wear are bred 13 retro Jordan’s from 2017 .and I put gel inserts in them .they are so comfy.I recommend Jordan’s for euc’s …they are nice high tops with good ankle support …just my opinion I’ve tried all sorts of different shoes like vans and boots but settled on Jordan’s .I might eventually try a pair of dianese york d-wp’s.I’ve put 3100 miles on my rs19 highspeed over the past 4 months and my feet rarely ever hurt anymore 

On 8/30/2022 at 9:10 AM, quickbot said:

right one straight with toes abit over pedal, but left one between 10 and 11 o clockand toeas about 2cms not reaching top of tge pedal.

To me a position that lopsided does sound a bit extreme. Since you're experiencing pain, I'd try to change the position. To me a symmetrical position has always been more stable and relaxed.

But make sure that you're not standing too far back! That causes tense leg and feet and loss of control on inclines. The back of the shoes level with the back of the pedals is often a good starting point. The goal is to have the balls of your feet and the center of your heels centered on the pedals.

And try a softer riding mode.

Then there are shoes, insoles, forward pedal tilt etc, but they have indeed been discussed a lot here.