V-11 battery red dot light, diagnostic question mark, and ping-ping sound when charging.

jmsjms

I started getting a battery red dot light yesterday on the wheel display. The diagnostic on the app shows a question mark and says that I may need to replace the battery. I charged it okay yesterday even though the red dot remained on. I rode the wheel today okay. But when I plugged to charge it tonight I got a (ping-ping pause ping-ping pause) sound coming from the wheel and a flashing red light from the brake-light I think; I unplugged it, then re-plugged it and the sound stopped.... But the red dot light is still present.... Any solutions for this? If the battery shows that it has an issue, but the riding is okay, then should I really look to replace it? If the red dot light says that the battery has an issue, then is it a risk of cutting off during riding? The one year wheel warranty expired over half year ago, so I wouldn't even bother with the seller since the shop didn't even get back to me on another issue I had in the past.

In the latest firmware you can see the individual battery pack voltages.  Are they the same or near the same voltages? 

It says it's the latest version:

Main board: 1.4.15

Driver Board: 4.2.21

BE(5.0) Board: 1.3.3

Battery: 92%

Voltage: 81.7V

Battery Package Detail:

Battery 1:

Voltage: 81.3-81.7V; Battery Status: Detected; Activated Status: Enabled; Work Status: Normal.

Battery 2:

Voltage: 81.5V; Battery Status: Detected; Activated Status: Enabled; Work Status: Normal.

• Upvote 2

It's the battery 1 voltage wiggling between 81.3 and 83.7V? Because that doesn't seem normal. It might be the reason for the error. I would guess that it would point more to a BMS failure than a battery cell one, though it doesn't make much difference Inn practice, the battery should be replaced for safe operation.

Yes. Now the second battery started to wiggle too, but less than the first one. The wiggling happens mostly within the first minute of turning on the wheel, then both of them stabilize and wiggle less.

On 8/18/2022 at 5:49 AM, jmsjms said:

I started getting a battery red dot light yesterday on the wheel display. The diagnostic on the app shows a question mark and says that I may need to replace the battery. I charged it okay yesterday even though the red dot remained on. I rode the wheel today okay. But when I plugged to charge it tonight I got a (ping-ping pause ping-ping pause) sound coming from the wheel and a flashing red light from the brake-light I think; I unplugged it, then re-plugged it and the sound stopped.... But the red dot light is still present.... Any solutions for this? If the battery shows that it has an issue, but the riding is okay, then should I really look to replace it? If the red dot light says that the battery has an issue, then is it a risk of cutting off during riding? The one year wheel warranty expired over half year ago, so I wouldn't even bother with the seller since the shop didn't even get back to me on another issue I had in the past.

Please contact the manufacturer so that they may initiate remote diagnostics and you will know exactly what you should do. No need to guess the fault as Inmotion has made contacting and diagnose very easy for their customers.