Is there any reason to dl the inmotion app?

I'll be getting my first wheel later this week, according to shipping at least. I downloaded EUC world, but is there any reason to get the inmotion app? It's horrifically rated in the app store. I saw on a thread from 2021 that firmware updates and maybe some sounds? Or should I just roll from the start with EUC world? 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, as far as I'm aware the official Inmotion app is currently needed to perform both the Firmware updates as well as customisation of sounds and LED lights effect. It has also built in diagnostic and option to retrieve the diagnostics logs from the wheel and sending them to Inmotion for investigation. You can m8st likely ignore the whole "social media" part of the app though.

The app ratings probably point to much older versions of the app. Inmotion's app is easily the best of the manufacturers' apps, and especially compared to DarknessBot, offers much more customisation as well as being much more dependable with latest fw versions.

Some people have had issues with certain firmware upgrades especially on iOS, but I have upgraded the V11 fw with always the latest iOS version of Inmotion's app for two years without a hitch. That included two beta firmwares. For the last year or so the app has been working great. So I can't talk for those who have had issues with the app. But be sure to always use the latest version.

Btw, does EUCW even offer the split mode adjustments?

5 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

EucWorld now allows split mode adjustments!

image.thumb.png.bedb107ca7faf8ca818533385188d57d.png

• Upvote 2

On 7/25/2022 at 5:00 AM, Yamanator said:

I'll be getting my first wheel later this week, according to shipping at least. I downloaded EUC world, but is there any reason to get the inmotion app? It's horrifically rated in the app store. I saw on a thread from 2021 that firmware updates and maybe some sounds? Or should I just roll from the start with EUC world? 

I myself have used Darknessbot, Inmotion app, as well as EUC World.

First, use the Inmotion app to set up and update your wheel. After that you can forget about this app because EUC World is so much better. As already mentioned, Inmotion app is the best among different manufacturers, but if you want to get much more, use EUC World.

Darknessbot is better than the Inmotion app, but it can't compete with EUC World.

Glad to see you got the V10F, great choice!

3 hours ago, Wolverine said:

I myself have used Darknessbot, Inmotion app, as well as EUC World.

First, use the Inmotion app to set up and update your wheel. After that you can forget about this app because EUC World is so much better. As already mentioned, Inmotion app is the best among different manufacturers, but if you want to get much more, use EUC World.

Darknessbot is better than the Inmotion app, but it can't compete with EUC World.

Glad to see you got the V10F, great choice!

21 hours ago, HEC said:

Yes, as far as I'm aware the official Inmotion app is currently needed to perform both the Firmware updates as well as customisation of sounds and LED lights effect. It has also built in diagnostic and option to retrieve the diagnostics logs from the wheel and sending them to Inmotion for investigation. You can m8st likely ignore the whole "social media" part of the app though.

21 hours ago, mrelwood said:

The app ratings probably point to much older versions of the app. Inmotion's app is easily the best of the manufacturers' apps, and especially compared to DarknessBot, offers much more customisation as well as being much more dependable with latest fw versions.

Some people have had issues with certain firmware upgrades especially on iOS, but I have upgraded the V11 fw with always the latest iOS version of Inmotion's app for two years without a hitch. That included two beta firmwares. For the last year or so the app has been working great. So I can't talk for those who have had issues with the app. But be sure to always use the latest version.

Thanks! The v10f has been awesome to learn on. I've been using euc world since I started learning. I just last night used the inmotion app to check for updates. It was all up to date. It also set my speed way back haha so I had to readjust in euc world this morning. 

It was also the first time I took the cover off and the front right leds aren't working. I haven't had any wipe outs, just a handful of drops in grass as I was learning. Zero damage. I've managed to pick it up very quickly and was training my wife on it last night. So far I've logged 40 miles. I'm already itching for the next step up. Since I'm a bigger guy I feel like I'm towards the higher end of tolerances. I get worried going from road up to grass and back down again, don't dare drop off a curb.