Minor Vibration Issue With V8F

I bought the InMotion V8F a couple of months ago and have really enjoyed learning to ride. I've already put nearly 300 miles on it. When I was first learning to ride, I bailed at around 18-20 mph when it was wobbling hard and I didn't know how to stop it. It ended up smashing into a curb, and that crash has caused some minor cracks in both the inner and outer shells. I have since repaired the cracks with plastic putty, and I have also tightened the axle with some Loctite after it came loose and began to vibrate. Now, whenever I lean the wheel to the left far enough (away from the control board side) it begins to vibrate, but not when upright or leaning right. I've made sure to tighten down everything pretty well, and I'm still confused as to why it vibrates only when leaning to one side. It's more of a nuisance than anything, but if anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this annoyance, let me know.

• Like 1

When the shell cracks around the pedal mounts the shell starts to flex when you put pressure turning.

And it's not easy to fix (if that's the case). Are there any big cracks there?

If you raise the tire pressure you need less side pressure to turn it. It's a stupid solution, but it just came to me.

19 hours ago, alcatraz said:

When the shell cracks around the pedal mounts the shell starts to flex when you put pressure turning.

And it's not easy to fix (if that's the case). Are there any big cracks there?

If you raise the tire pressure you need less side pressure to turn it. It's a stupid solution, but it just came to me.

Thanks for the suggestion. I've attempted to fix the cracks with plastic putty, and it seems that none of them have cracked at the seams thus far (after 100+ miles). It's probably fine for now, but if it worsens, I'll just buy a replacement inner shell.

• Like 1