Rs 19 HT help

On 11/15/2022 at 1:04 PM, alcatraz said:

Whatever we pick it's going to be obsolete pretty quick if you compare with the best. The wheels are evolving fast.

I suppose you could just try to wait it out and get a previous gen wheel and save a buck in the meantime. 

@alcatraz, I think I'll do as you suggested as it makes good sense to me.  Thanks for your input, much appreciated.

• Like 1

On 11/15/2022 at 7:26 AM, Pengloong said:

Seeking advice please, I am seriously thinking of upgrading to a suspension wheel (BegodeT4) but have been put off after reading about the problematic suspension system on so many of the newer wheels.

If I do decide to stay with non suspension, my choice is the Begode RS19. I am very interested in hearing the Pros and Cons of riding this wheel. Any input from RS 19 riders will be very much appreciated. Thanks. 

If you're looking at a reliable wheel to get into trail riding, the RS19 is still a top choice. I've been riding mine strictly off-road for two seasons and it's still surprises me with what it can do. I keep up with other riders on their S22 & Master no problem, even on my stock pedal hangers and I have the advantage of being able to throw my wheel around more on the jumps and tight sections (being a lighter wheel) while also having more comfort to try new things because my wheel is cheaper to fix and has stronger protection(fiberglass shell) than the suspension models. The RS19 also dominated our local off-road race.

At the end of the day, the limitations are largely rider skill and not the machine. I would get it if you're just starting out on higher performance wheels. There is a LOT of performance the RS can provide you & it will teach you so much about how to ride clean lines. You will not outgrow this wheel easily.

@conecones i agree with everything you said about RS19. I love mine, and its a first batch wheel. Mid 2000s milage wise and about half on dusty trails.

Still on the original bearings too. All I did was put a layer of marine grease on the outside to catch dust and keep moisture out. I also plugged some of the dust ingress points by the LEDs. I left the vents open for cooling. 

I do get minimal dust in there that I clean out every few hundred miles but not enough to get the board too dusty.

It's been a great wheel, and it has new Samsung cells from ewheels battery recall so it's good to go for a lot more miles. 

I'm sure the bearings will be the next to go, and the first batch ones are large and expensive but I'll gladly replace them with decent ones when the time comes.

I was going to sell my RS19 after I got my new Master, but they are so different in how they ride and handle I just cant' see selling either.  

The RS19 is much more nimble than the Master. With it being smaller and lighter it is easier to throw around.  Even off road it is a blast once you lock in on the pads.  

The Master is more comfortable to ride due to the suspension.  It is top heavy and not as easy to throw around from side to side like the RS19. Even with the suspension, I feel the RS19 is better for off road riding and the Master is much better on the road.  They are just different and I use them in different ways that feel right to me.  I think the T4 may be much more nimble than the Master as it is smaller and lighter.  I don't think it would have the acceleration or top speed of the Master, but should be adequate. I look at the T4 as a RS with suspension. I know the tire size is different, but from a performance standpoint they are about the same.  I just know for me, I cannot give up my RS19 or my Master. Every time I go from riding my Master to the RS19, I always comment on how much fun the RS19 is. Maybe in time I will be able to control the Master better and increase the off-road fun factor

My recommendation is to have both. Switch between the RS19 and the T4 depending on where you ride.

• Like 1