Kingsong KS18XL transportation lock

Thorgrim

Looking for help,

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to turn off the transportation lock, wheel keeps on beeping.
Tried to use the Kingsong app and that was a complete failure, keeps on freezing and closing.

Then I tried EUC world, but no luck the lock option is greyed out. Tried connecting to the wheel with and without password/serial number. 

Would appreciate some help, this is also my first wheel.  

• Like 2

The KS18xl lock is problematic but it can be done (I bought that wheel a few weeks ago). The unlock feature is maddening but I guess better that over having the wheel accidentally spin up during transportation.

1. You may have the wrong version. On top of your wheel is a scan code. Try using that first, THEN go to the google store. Whichever is the opposite of what you have now.

2. Turn the wheel on, and keep it upright so it won't confuse being dropped with disconnecting from the app. Mine kept disconnecting at first when on its side or back/front; therefore turn it on and keep it upright.

3. Turn the wheel on, THEN fire up the app. Not the other way around. You can then hit the connect with password (I forgot, but I think the password is under your right pedal?).

4. Try to ride the wheel 10.0 miles before turning it off/disconnecting from phone as that's the distance you must go in order to unlock the higher speeds. Then manually set those speeds for, well, the rest of the wheel's life if it can be helped.

It probably took me a good fifteen minutes figuring out the 16xl's unlock.

I wouldn't get the XL as a first wheel. It's a terrible first wheel. It's really hard to learn on grass but the wheel won't get damaged there but it will be completely bashed up if you try learning on pavement.

3 hours ago, Thorgrim said:

Tried it all, seems like the wheel isn't communicating back. 

I can connect it, but kingsong app and EUC doesn't display any information on the wheel 

There's two ways of connecting to the wheel; one connects to the speakers so you can play music/podcasts and it functions as a bluetooth speaker. The other connects the machine to the KS application. You need to go INSIDE the app and hit connect.

In EUC World you click on the flashing green circle then on the bluetooth icon.  Select your wheel.  The Kingsong in your bluetooth connections is the Music connection to your wheel.

Edited by Paradox

I have done what both of you say, in both of the apps. 

I am not connecting to the Bluetooth speaker,  I'm currently trying to contact kingsong to see what they might say. 

Tried to use an iPhone today, still same issue. It connects in the app but still doesn't give any info about the wheel and no unlock option. 
I get the option to lock the wheel, but that doesn't do anything and i cannot unlock it after. 

Hopefully kingsong will be able to help. 

7 hours ago, Thorgrim said:

I have done what both of you say, in both of the apps. 

I am not connecting to the Bluetooth speaker,  I'm currently trying to contact kingsong to see what they might say. 

Tried to use an iPhone today, still same issue. It connects in the app but still doesn't give any info about the wheel and no unlock option. 
I get the option to lock the wheel, but that doesn't do anything and i cannot unlock it after. 

Hopefully kingsong will be able to help. 

The wheel is stood up? When I got my XL a few weeks it wouldn't stay connected, wouldn't balance, and kept screaming at me until I kept it upright THEN hit connect, THEN hit unlock (difficult doing all of this with a wheel in one hand and the phone in the other). The wheel then self-balances with all the other menu options exposed (I can't remember if I had to enter a password code...I think I did and it's at the bottom of your pedal).

I totally sympathize; it was maddening.

Have you tried this > Launch kingsong app (it gets stuck) minimize it, or change to different app.. Then relaunch it. I always get "white" screen on my first launch - relaunching the app fixes it. (If i close it, i get again white screen.. You need to minimize it, then relaunch.)

Also you could lean the wheel against something - no need to hold..

If the wheel ever was locked it - you need to reenter the password, if you or someone locked it once.. Remember/get the password. :D Or enter the long code that was glued to your pedals.

Have you tried plugging in the charger - some wheels unlocks like that.

Off topic: I never had it locked at first place. And bought "new". And 18xl is great first wheel. As you don't need to buy later "bigger" wheel. Buy once not twice. Heck if you are afraid of damage you could put a towel around it or glue yoga-mat to it.. I simply put around shower mat and taped duck tape around it. Worked great.

Mine just beeps two times fast pauses and beeps two times and this repeats. 

I screen recorded my phone while trying to unlock it and sent it to the dealer and they did not understand why it didn't unlock.

Looks like I might have to send the wheel back to them and get a refund

14 minutes ago, Thorgrim said:

I screen recorded my phone while trying to unlock it and sent it to the dealer and they did not understand why it didn't unlock.

Does your phone have GPS turned on? BT wont work properly without it.   And the KS app need this App permissions "on":  Camera, Location, Microphone, Storage.

Just now, Thorgrim said:

Yes GPS is one, and KS app has all permissions. 

Ok, then there is not so much more you can do - looks like there is a hardware error.   Too bad for you, and nows it's weekend and you're looking forward to your new wheel.  Feeling sorry for you.  Good luck

6 hours ago, Thorgrim said:

Yes, the two beeps is what my wheel kept screaming at me for. I think you need to try several positions of the wheel (mine worked standing up) but the two beeps is a good sign.

Here's an older but still relevant article on how to unlock your KS.

https://www.smartwheel.ca/content/PDF/How to unlock King Song electric unicycle.pdf

Just a little while ago I couldn’t figure out how to get the transportation lock off my new rs19 hs .i finally watched some YouTube videos and re read the emails ewheels sent to me on the order and which buttons to push .i finally got the sequence right and then made a bad move I lifted the wheel and tilted it forward and the new knobby tire spun up super fast and clipped my leg ..my first injury and it’s barely out the box 🤣🤣🤣🤣 be careful when you do get it out of transport mode 

49E80AAE-FE9F-4A43-BD2B-5B2F5B378695.jpeg

15 hours ago, Robse said:

Oh, forgot:  Do you have an ios unit?  Ipad?  If yes, download "Soft Tuner" app: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/id1506122805    and if that does not work either, then .. :-(

Just tried a different IOS unit today, tried softtuner, kingsong , and darkness bot app. 
Softtuner connects to the wheel but auto disconnects right after, kingsong and darkness both connect but they don't receive any information on the wheel, like how much battery is left and if I go to check the serial number in the app it says Unknown.

So the wheel is currently packed back in the box I got it in, and I'll be sending it back to my dealer next week. 

Thanks to everyone that tried to help me figure out this problem.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1