Garmin standalone EUC client.

On 10/11/2023 at 12:31 AM, Blkfri said:

Hi there, I am currently looking for beta testers that owns a pre v11 inmotion (V5/V8/V10 and older models).

Don't get overexcited about this yet, for now it's about doing some data logging and check that the watch can properly connect to the wheel 😁.

I have a V8S and a Garmin Benu 3 if that is appropriate/helpful?

22 hours ago, HiddenPrior said:

I have a V8S and a Garmin Benu 3 if that is appropriate/helpful?

For now I'm focused on getting the watch properly paired to the wheel. It's quite different from other wheel brands, luckily I can rely on eucwatch and WheelLog's source. For now I'm still struggling to get it working but I will let you know when I will need your help (hopefully after the pairing issue is fixed) ! 

On 6/27/2023 at 1:59 PM, Seba said:

Good news - I've expedited long-delayed work on Garmin smartwatch companion app for the EUC World. While Connect Store is still an unknown thing for me, I've finally overcame communication problems that caused the app to slowly update the wheel data. I hope to have this app available for sideloading at the end of the month, in case of any problems publishing it to Garmin Connect Store.

Thanks Seba for the update 💪😁👌 if you are looking for beta testers im happy to help. I got full version of euc world and inmotion wheel

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Poltec said:

Thanks Seba for the update 💪😁👌 if you are looking for beta testers im happy to help. I got full version of euc world and inmotion wheel

I'm now working on Garmin app, as I've finally managed to get EUC World Wear OS companion back to the Play Store, so I can focus only on Garmin app. When it will be ready for testing I will share app packages for sideloading. Of course, final version will be available in Garmin ConnectIQ.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Rawnei said:

Is there any way for the Garmin Watches to act as a companion to android phone instead of having it stand alone?

Yes, just use Seba's EUC World companion for garmin.

https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/33a6f6b9-5c3d-4899-9b81-3455960833db

Just out of curiosity, why do you want to avoid using a standalone app ? I tend to think that unless there are connectivity issues between the watch and the EUC, the less devices involded the better (but I'm kind of defending my ground as I am the developer of the only Garmin standalone app for EUC :D : https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/developer/2f1a5cdb-e881-4674-b4e1-9e53fe61596b/apps)

• 2 months later...

Thank you @Seba for making a great Garmin app! My Pebble Time's display recently bit the dust after riding once in light rain and instead of just replacing it, I wanted a more robust watch and one that didn't have phone app issues. (The Pebble app is getting harder and harder to install on modern Android releases and I had to use adb to re-install it for troubleshooting the display issue.)

EUC World supports the Forerunner 245. That watch can be bought second hand on ebay for a pretty decent price and has a good outdoor-readable display. So far it's working great! I put an elastic band on and it fits well over the Hillbilly wrist guards.

One suggestion for improvement could be to zoom in on the most relevant info as speed goes up, and zoom out to see the whole dashboard when slowing down to a stop. While riding it would be helpful to see current speed, battery %, and time of day in a larger font. Another user posted on Connect IQ that it would be good to have a black-on-white color scheme which sounds preferable but so far the white-on-black color scheme is good enough.

Thanks again, Seba!

PXL_20240210_174326219.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

@Seba, I noticed what may be a bug in the EUC World Garmin app, unless I am misunderstanding what the app is reporting. Looks like I was out for about an hour and 17 minutes, but the app reported an hour and 77 minutes. Initially I though it was strange to have more than 59 in the minutes position. Can you take a look?

PXL_20240421_233506842.jpg

Screenshot_20240421-193533.png

On 4/22/2024 at 3:31 AM, mtl said:

@Seba, I noticed what may be a bug in the EUC World Garmin app, unless I am misunderstanding what the app is reporting. Looks like I was out for about an hour and 17 minutes, but the app reported an hour and 77 minutes. Initially I though it was strange to have more than 59 in the minutes position. Can you take a look?

Thank you for reporting this. I will check this and fix. By the way, it would be best to not derail this thread, as it's dedicated to standalone Garmin app made by @Blkfri ;)

• Thanks 1