Ninebot One S2

GioKrzs

Hey guys. I just entered the EUC world yesterday (2 month waiting period) after receiving my Segway Ninebot One S2. I did the activation and all the stuff thru the app and im on my training/balancing tutorials. Although i'm a good skateboarder and have a good feel of balance, i find it a bit tricky to stay up on this thing. Since i don't want to damage my EUC before i even get to enjoy it, does anyone know where i can purchase a bumper kit and stand, in Europe. I find Segway Greece to be of no help at all. They just offer after-sales service. No parts support whatsoever. Thank God i didn't make the move to buy the Z10 (2,000 euros!). I was thinking about purchasing that, instead.

It sucks knowing you are on your own, without any spare parts, after paying 550 euros on a "toy". I hope i don't regret buying it because of the dealer's poor support.

• Like 2

Ninebot is a dead brand. They were (are?) coasting on their success with the S2, which was in 2015 (the stone age of EUCs)! After that, they only released the Z10 and pretty much immediately abandoned it (suddenly no support or parts for their own dealers!!). So definitely do not spend 2000 on a Z10!

As for protecting your wheel, just make your own bumper. It's easy enough and you can use anything you can come up with. Usually a yoga mat cut up + duct tape is a good start. It does not need to look nice. After a few weeks you will no longer need it anyways.

And if you ever look to upgrade, stay away from Ninebot. The S2 for the price is a good learner wheel, but that is all they have to offer.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Ninebot is a dead brand. They were (are?) coasting on their success with the S2, which was in 2015 (the stone age of EUCs)! After that, they only released the Z10 and pretty much immediately abandoned it (suddenly no support or parts for their own dealers!!). So definitely do not spend 2000 on a Z10!

I was under the impression that new Z10's, as well as parts, are definitely still available, as of 2022.

I was surprised too, but I think at least one dealer (in Poland) is still supplying brand new ones.

I maintain it's still a good wheel. I still have mine :)

• Like 2

I may not be up-to-date on what Ninebot does. Last I heard (soon after the Z10 release) is that they abandoned their dealers, and the dealers had to scrounge parts from extra wheels to fulfill warranties. Speedy Feet complained about being screwed like this by Ninebot twice (they did the same with the S2/earlier wheels - one day they  suddenly stopped offering parts or any service to their dealers).

• Like 2

Yeah I'm aware of all that too meep, but just wanted to clarify that Z10 parts are still available, as are new wheels. No doubt the crappy after sales remains, but at the moment at least there are still DIY solutions should a problem arise.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, GioKrzs said:

Hey guys. I just entered the EUC world yesterday (2 month waiting period) after receiving my Segway Ninebot One S2. I did the activation and all the stuff thru the app and im on my training/balancing tutorials. Although i'm a good skateboarder and have a good feel of balance, i find it a bit tricky to stay up on this thing. Since i don't want to damage my EUC before i even get to enjoy it, does anyone know where i can purchase a bumper kit and stand, in Europe. I find Segway Greece to be of no help at all. They just offer after-sales service. No parts support whatsoever. Thank God i didn't make the move to buy the Z10 (2,000 euros!). I was thinking about purchasing that, instead.

It sucks knowing you are on your own, without any spare parts, after paying 550 euros on a "toy". I hope i don't regret buying it because of the dealer's poor support.

Welcome to the community!

Lower your tire pressure to 40-45psi. That will help immensely as you learn to ride.

You can use the foam cushion strips that should have come with the wheel to protect against some scratches/gouges, which are inevitable.

You may want to watch Wrong Way's recent video on the S2 to help dispel some of the FUD. It's still a good wheel in its own right for what it is designed for.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, litewave said:

Welcome to the community!

Lower your tire pressure to 40-45psi. That will help immensely as you learn to ride.

You can use the foam cushion strips that should have come with the wheel to protect against some scratches/gouges, which are inevitable.

You may want to watch Wrong Way's recent video on the S2 to help dispel some of the FUD. It's still a good wheel in its own right for what it is designed for.

Happy to be here and get some good information from experienced owners. I thought the normal tire pressure was 35 psi? I cant thank you enough for the tips on DIY protection bumpers. After watching a ton of videos on learning to ride it, i saw many users made their own protective sleeves, covers, etc.... I think i will be doing the same, since the dealer in Athens offers absolutely nothing to its customers. Im looking to get a canvas cover custom-sewn to its size, at a car upholsterer near my area. About the little T-stand that screws into the 2 holes in the back, i will do a bit of reverse-engineering and 3D print my own. I watched alot of videos from Wrong Ways channel and luckily he answered alot of my questions, so i wont be nagging all you guys with info you have probably already mentioned over and over again, to other newbies. I just hope i can find atleast inner tubes with slant valve stems and at some point later on, tires too. Thanks again and happy to be here. :) 

• Like 2

Just now, GioKrzs said:

Happy to be here and get some good information from experienced owners. I thought the normal tire pressure was 35 psi? I cant thank you enough for the tips on DIY protection bumpers. After watching a ton of videos on learning to ride it, i saw many users made their own protective sleeves, covers, etc.... I think i will be doing the same, since the dealer in Athens offers absolutely nothing to its customers. Im looking to get a canvas cover custom-sewn to its size, at a car upholsterer near my area. About the little T-stand that screws into the 2 holes in the back, i will do a bit of reverse-engineering and 3D print my own. I watched alot of videos from Wrong Ways channel and luckily he answered alot of my questions, so i wont be nagging all you guys with info you have probably already mentioned over and over again, to other newbies. I just hope i can find atleast inner tubes with slant valve stems and at some point later on, tires too. Thanks again and happy to be here. :) 

PS. Nope. No foam cushion strips in the packaging.

10 minutes ago, GioKrzs said:

so i wont be nagging all you guys with info you have probably already mentioned over and over again, to other newbies.

That's what the forum is for, though:) People can google a question here, but not what is said in some Youtube video.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, GioKrzs said:

I would say that 35psi is probably the minimum pressure while learning, with 40-45 being ideal as you progress your skills. You'll get better mileage and handling in that range.

Roll NZ covers are fairly expensive, and I doubt they make one for the S2 but haven't checked.

Honestly, just buy some foam locally or on AliExpress for $10 and stick it to the edges. After a few months at most, you will want to remove it anyway.

You can also add a wrap on the side panels to protect against minor scratches which is easy to do.

The Ninebot S2 (as well as the entire NB1 model line) is virtually indestructible and among, if not the most, durable wheels ever made.

Screen Shot 2022-04-16 at 12.56.04 PM.jpeg

Edited by litewave

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/16/2022 at 4:32 AM, Paul A said:

Roll NZ make quality, customized EUC covers.

They are well known in the community, and are members here in the forum.

Many members have their products and vouch for them.

https://www.roll.nz/euc-bodyguard/61-126-bodyguard-customisation.html#/106-personalisation-small

They look quite good actually. I will be contacting them for sure. Thank you for the consideration.

• Like 1

On 4/16/2022 at 7:23 PM, litewave said:

I would say that 35psi is probably the minimum pressure while learning, with 40-45 being ideal as you progress your skills. You'll get better mileage and handling in that range.

Roll NZ covers are fairly expensive, and I doubt they make one for the S2 but haven't checked.

Honestly, just buy some foam locally or on AliExpress for $10 and stick it to the edges. After a few months at most, you will want to remove it anyway.

You can also add a wrap on the side panels to protect against minor scratches which is easy to do.

The Ninebot S2 (as well as the entire NB1 model line) is virtually indestructible and among, if not the most, durable wheels ever made.

Screen Shot 2022-04-16 at 12.56.04 PM.jpeg

Thank you Litewave for the info on both tyre pressure and foam padding. I actually covered the whole wheel with strips of adhesive foam tape that we use to insulate copper tubing in air-conditioning and refrigeration systems. I guess it will have to do for now, until i learn to stay above the wheel LOL! I will also change my tyre pressure as you mentioned. I think im on 40 PSI right now and i need to increase a bit, since im getting better by the day.

• Like 1