Got my Ninebot One S1 and E+ this week after both my E+s were stolen/broken. The S1 looked so easy to wrap, so I threw on some woodgrain vinyl. Let me know what you guys think. 

Also, if anyone is deciding between an E+ and S1, realize the E+ is 3mph faster. The S1 does a harsh lean back at 12.3mph, while the E+ doesn’t begin warning/leanback until about 14.5mph and it can hit 15.5mph before the leanback is harsh. 

Let me know your opinions on the wood grain. I think it makes it a little more subtle and classy looking.

8884493B-2AD4-4D98-9F98-89B31667A15B.jpeg

631CA7FF-E237-45A9-BBA1-01AAC3B11FC1.jpeg

Edited by Daniel Burkemper
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Daniel Burkemper said:

Got my Ninebot One S1 and E+ this week after both my E+s were stolen/broken. The S1 looked so easy to wrap, so I threw on some woodgrain vinyl. Let me know what you guys think. 

Also, if anyone is deciding between an E+ and S1, realize the E+ is 3mph faster. The S1 does a harsh lean back at 12.3mph, while the E+ doesn’t begin warning/leanback until about 14.5mph and it can hit 15.5mph before the leanback is harsh. 

Let me know your opinions on the wood grain. I think it makes it a little more subtle and classy looking.

I think it looks cool. Here is my KS18 that I wrapped in a blue chrome matte metallic from Tekwrap/VVivid. I plan to do the same finish in red on the unwrapped black one in the photo.

IMG_20180604_154401_optimized.jpg

IMG_20180604_155123_optimized.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Daniel Burkemper said:

Nice, I used Vivvid wrap and it seems like good quality for a good price.

I thought about doing the pedals, but I am never concerned about scrapping. 

My pedals were fine until I decided to learn countermarch riding. So now I need to rewrap them. Since wrapping the pedals is just a matter of pulling off the Vvivid and applying a fresh sheet; 30 minutes tops. I don't mind. When I am satisfied with the level of my new novelty skill, I will just redo; I am almost there.

looks classy as fuck! Beutiful! You could also add some leather haha :D good job

the ninebot is pretty easy to wrap. But it looks cool

and also if you ever want to make some longer lasting version of this that doesn't  peel off when damaged. Them you could try water transfer film. Its cheap and easy. Just follow a video on YouTube its  works better for complicated parts

5 hours ago, Shad0z said:

looks classy as fuck! Beutiful! You could also add some leather haha :D good job

the ninebot is pretty easy to wrap. But it looks cool

and also if you ever want to make some longer lasting version of this that doesn't  peel off when damaged. Them you could try water transfer film. Its cheap and easy. Just follow a video on YouTube its  works better for complicated parts

I thought about that. I was looking into that with custom modding game conttollers. 

The vinyl adds some scratch resistance, hopefully I can avoid crashing and use my Ninebot E+ for tougher jobs and Z10 when it comes in.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 7/8/2018 at 2:07 PM, Daniel Burkemper said:

This shit is absolute sex. Man, what a good looking wheel. Goes from high tech futuristic to Bespoke. A+ bruh