Fresh EUC valve leaks air when lifted

Phonoman

Ordered V8F from AliExpress - arrived from France to Latvia. Was happy until I found out that in few hours for goes flat. Didn't seem like tire issue but when moving the valve found that it leaks air when lifted up backwards..

Would fixing this be easy enough that a bycicle shop guys could do?

Technically I should give the wheel back for repairs, but sending the wheel back to France would probably be more expensive than the repair (+losing the access to the wheel for god knows how long). 

Video on the motion when air leaks much faster: https://youtube.com/shorts/_lyx6tE_hDo?feature=share

• Like 2

OK, I took a look at this video about changing the inner tube: 

So I'm guessing this means that I need to get a new compatible inner tube and swap it out to hopefully get a good seal valve instead?  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Get a new inner tube, and then do what @Paul Asays first. Disassembling a EUC is a bit of work, so if you are lucky and you can get away with screwing out the old valve and screwing in the new one from the new tube, that would be as good as it can get.

If the leak is somewhere else, you have to exchange the entire inner tube.

• Like 1

And here's the little leaky rascal. Explains why lifting it up really let the air rip. :lol:

Didn't expect to already have disassembled the EUC within the week of receiving it. :eff05cf9bc: Interesting thing - it's a V8F, but the battery was 480kw as in V8. The model was something like LXV8F74LV. I just hope the motor isn't also somehow fitting the V8 specs. <_< At least I am able to set the speed limit to 35km/h which fits V8F and the app also acknowledges it as V8F. 

IMG-20220407-221037.jpg

• Like 2

Yoo, vēl viens no Latvijas. Chau, Chau. Žēl ka pirki no aliexpresa. Šaubos ka viņi tev tur uzturēs to garantiju.. Būtu labāk pircis te pat Rīgā. :) Man savējo vienriteni arī vajadzēja taisīt vaļā, tajā pašā dienā. Bija problēma ar ventilatoru - bērzās, bija nejauka skaņa.. Pakustināju mazliet un viss kārtībā.

Nebrīnītos ja viņš būtu parastais V8. :D Vai V8F ar V8 bateriju..

In English:

Yoo, another one from Latvia. Hi, Hi. Sad that you bought it from aliexpress. I doubt they will hold warranty there.. Should have bought it right here in Riga. :) I had to open mine wheel also, the same day i got it. I had problems with fan - it was scraping something, making annoying sound.. Moved it little bit and everything fine. 

I would not be surprised, if it's regular V8. :D Or V8F with V8 baterry..

Edited by Funky

19 hours ago, Funky said:

Yoo, vēl viens no Latvijas. Chau, Chau. Žēl ka pirki no aliexpresa. Šaubos ka viņi tev tur uzturēs to garantiju.. Būtu labāk pircis te pat Rīgā. :) Man savējo vienriteni arī vajadzēja taisīt vaļā, tajā pašā dienā. Bija problēma ar ventilatoru - bērzās, bija nejauka skaņa.. Pakustināju mazliet un viss kārtībā.

Nebrīnītos ja viņš būtu parastais V8. :D Vai V8F ar V8 bateriju..

In English:

Yoo, another one from Latvia. Hi, Hi. Sad that you bought it from aliexpress. I doubt they will hold warranty there.. Should have bought it right here in Riga. :) I had to open mine wheel also, the same day i got it. I had problems with fan - it was scraping something, making annoying sound.. Moved it little bit and everything fine. 

I would not be surprised, if it's regular V8. :D Or V8F with V8 baterry..

Latvian response: Eyyoo, uzrakstīju angļu versiju un saprotu, ka man nav tik liels dedication lai pārtulkotu atpakaļ uz latviešu valodu. :D Bet prieks redzēt arī cilvēkus no mūsu gala šeit. :) Kurā pusē tad pats braukā? 

In English:

Eyyoo! Hit the city first time today (second session outside, after training for ~15km in parking spots) and felt great cruising around the city! :)) First one to have and ride an EUC in my home city as well! So I'm getting lots of "wtf?" looks which is silly to me, but very understandable. I'd probable be the same if I hadn't bought one. :D 

The price for V8F in Rīga is 1.2k € and I got it for 820 from aliexpress. The 2/3rds of the price drop felt like way too good of a deal to pass. ^_^ It might bite me in the ass in the long run, ofc, if other parts start to fail.. but well.. It is my first one, I wasn't 100% sure how would the learning go and if I'd feel like using it in the long run. The "saved" cash also covered my safety gear and there's still some left for seasonal purchases. :) 

In the app I can set max speed to 35 kmp/h which fits the motor description of V8F. And I'd imagine you wouldn't be able to set higher limits in the app than what your wheel can do, right? Right...? :efee96588e:

Messaged the aliexpress seller and they will be sending out 2 inner tubes for spare parts, so we'll see how that goes. Delivery and reviews for the shop were good. But yeah, getting warranty repairs is most likely out of the question. Lets hope for a long and healthy life for this little EUC. :) 

20 hours ago, alcatraz said:

The original V8 uses LG MH1 3200mAh cells.

The V8F should use 3500mAh cells to bring that total capacity to their reported 518Wh.

If they still use LG cells it should be the MJ1 cells.

Guess I'll take a photo of the label once I open the wheel again in future. I don't mind that much the 38 kw drop if that's what was the reason of the price drop. :)

Edited by Phonoman