EUC World new user guide

How did you turn off the other alarms? How do you configure tilt back? Oh, and does anyone have a legend for the on screen display? I'm trying to figure out how many miles I've put on my wheel but the display doesn't make sense.  I'm an Android user, using EUC World. 

• Upvote 1

There is no comprehensive documentation for EUC World right now... but most of the getting-started stuff is explained by the developer @Seba in this blog post: 

https://euc.world/blog/understanding-main-screen/ 

eucw_main_screen_gauge_items.jpg 

(Gotway speed alarms and other wheel settings are available in the "Application menu" then "Wheel")

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Lets Do Science said:

How did you turn off the other alarms? How do you configure tilt back? Oh, and does anyone have a legend for the on screen display? I'm trying to figure out how many miles I've put on my wheel but the display doesn't make sense.  I'm an Android user, using EUC World. 

Once you connect EUC World to your Android via Bluetooth, click the three dot icon at top right, go to "Wheel", scroll down to "Speed alerts & limit". There you will be able to modify the alarms depending on what speed you set them (speed alerts #1,2,3). If that still doesn't work, go to "Alarms" from the Main Menu and see speed alarm settings there as well. To see your distance traveled on Android, you need to make sure you are connected and stay connected via Bluetooth with EUC World and your wheel, then from the main page (the speed gauge), simply swipe  left to see "Live Data". In Live Data you will see your stats for miles.

Edited by bkw

Thanks for the reply @bkw, however, the built in Begode alarms still go off despite turning all alarms off in the EUC app. My goal is to only have the third wheel alarm go off on the wheel so I'm not confused what I'm hearing. Maybe it's not possible to disable the built in alarms? Also, I'm trying to figure out what I'm reading on the on screen display for the actual wheel not the app (My RS has a little display on the top of the wheel). 

You might record a tour with EUCWorld and have some of the alarms go off. The tour display colors the alarm events so you can figure out which one is triggering... granted, these are the alarms as interpreted by EUCWorld, but they source their data from the wheel AND EUCWorld does have the ability to set the wheel firmware.

3 hours ago, Lets Do Science said:

Maybe it's not possible to disable the built in alarms?

Correct. 
The "80% speed," temperature, and voltage alarms cannot be disabled. For good reason.

4 hours ago, Lets Do Science said:

I'm trying to figure out the display for the actual wheel (My RS has a little display)

It's this: 

H3c29cb896c8641c5bd8cb7a3ee9032c7F_1024x1024@2x.jpg?v=1620794985

(And to make the display in Miles instead of Kilometers, you must use the Gotway app to reflash your RS. Be patient and careful- failed firmware updates could corrupt your controller.)

I'm not too tech savy when it comes with EUCs, but I am not aware of a function that turns off EUC alarms completely. Yeah, they can be annoying but for safety reasons they are important. I'd love to turn off a lot of the beeping noises myself unrelated to safety, but some are pretty useful. My 16X has a top speed of 31mph. I have my first alarm set for 26mph. The first instance I hear the alarm I tend to slow down. I still don't know what the 2nd or 3rd alarm sounds like because I only pay attention to the 26mph because that's all i need to know to know i'm pushing it

Edited by bkw

2 hours ago, RagingGrandpa said:

Correct. 
The "80% speed," temperature, and voltage alarms cannot be disabled. For good reason.

What good reason would Begode have for setting two pointless alarms that we can't manipulate? According to my user manual, first class alarm 18mph and second class alarm 27mph. The only alarm I care about and want to hear is third which is 80% motor output. Oh well, I appreciate the help! 

1 hour ago, Lets Do Science said:

What good reason would Begode have for setting two pointless alarms that we can't manipulate?

But you can. So whats the problem again? I suspect you are trying to turn off the inbuilt wheel alarms but you are actually only turning off the EUCW alarms. The two are unrelated (in case you didnt know).

Perhaps try setting the first two *wheel* alarms either to 0 or to the same as the third alarm (or each alarm 1 kph slower so you get a progression?). Works on my KS wheels, the wheel beeps first alarm at 26 mph, triple beep second alarm at 27 mph and angry beeps third alarm+tiltback at 28 mph. With Begode you can set them closer to max speed of course, but with KS it's wise to be conservative. It's probably wise to be conservative with Begode wheels too, but less 'necessary'.

I only use EUCWorld's alarms for safety margin—that rattles my Pebble.

Edited by Tawpie

16 hours ago, Lets Do Science said:

According to my user manual, first class alarm 18mph and second class alarm 27mph. The only alarm I care about and want to hear is third which is 80% motor output.

Right.
Beep code description here, for reference: https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/4258-gotway-alarm-beep-codes/

You can turn off the first and second speed alarm beeps. Using EUC World.